Clicking a checkbox that is currently not there...

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
whyarewehere84

Clicking a checkbox that is currently not there...

Post by whyarewehere84 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:17 pm

I am brand new to this, and don't know what I'm doing. I'd appreciate a little help.

Basically, I'm trying to write something that will refresh a page, click a checkbox (once it appears), and then click submit. Rinse and repeat.

The problem is that I don't know how to write a code to click a checkbox that is currently not on the page itself.

I'm using this on a website so that I can try to purchase a house (an affordable housing program--gotta love my teacher salary!), so I can't have anyone else log in to experiment. I promise I'm not using this for nefarious purposes!

Here's what I have so far:

URL GOTO=https://interwapp01.loudoun.gov/DFS_App ... tings.aspx
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ADUNewPublicFooter1_lbListings
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:form1 ATTR=ID:btnSubmit

I need this checkbox click to go between lines 2 and 3. That way, when it shows up, it'll select it and then use the next line of code to then submit. Alternatively, I can have the keystroke sequence "tab, tab, tab, space" (but it seems "tab" cannot be used in this program?).

I super appreciate your help!
chivracq

Re: Clicking a checkbox that is currently not there...

Post by chivracq » Sat May 27, 2017 3:51 am

whyarewehere84 wrote:I am brand new to this, and don't know what I'm doing. I'd appreciate a little help.

Basically, I'm trying to write something that will refresh a page, click a checkbox (once it appears), and then click submit. Rinse and repeat.

The problem is that I don't know how to write a code to click a checkbox that is currently not on the page itself.

I'm using this on a website so that I can try to purchase a house (an affordable housing program--gotta love my teacher salary!), so I can't have anyone else log in to experiment. I promise I'm not using this for nefarious purposes!

Here's what I have so far:

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=https://interwapp01.loudoun.gov/DFS_AppsPublic/ADUNewPublic/listings.aspx
I need this checkbox click to go between lines 2 and 3. That way, when it shows up, it'll select it and then use the next line of code to then submit. Alternatively, I can have the keystroke sequence "tab, tab, tab, space" (but it seems "tab" cannot be used in this program?).

I super appreciate your help!
CIM...! :mrgreen:
(Read my Sig about mentioning your FCI when you open a Thread, many Commands are not implemented for all Browser/Versions... :idea: )
=> For me to do any "Digging", your Case sounds a bit "interesting" though, ah-ah...!, but FCI not mentioned, I don't react normally, sorry...!

Hum, and try to select the correct Sub-Forum next time you open a Thread, the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum is meant for Scripts that fail in CR only but work in other Browsers, your Thread doesn't sound like it has anything specific to only CR... (Correct Sub-Forum would have been the 'General' one, but no need to duplicate now...)
Last edited by chivracq on Sat May 27, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
iimfun

Post by iimfun » Sat May 27, 2017 6:34 am

whyarewehere84 wrote:The problem is that I don't know how to write a code to click a checkbox that is currently not on the page itself.
If I understood you right, the macro may look like

URL GOTO=https://interwapp01.loudoun.gov/DFS_AppsPublic/ADUNewPublic/listings.aspx

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 99999
' here is your code to click a checkbox after it appears
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 6

whyarewehere84

Post by whyarewehere84 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:47 pm

chivracq wrote: CIM...! :mrgreen:
(Read my Sig about mentioning your FCI when you open a Thread, many Commands are not implemented for all Browser/Versions... :idea: )
=> For me to do any "Digging", your Case sounds a bit "interesting" though, ah-ah...!, but FCI not mentioned, I don't react normally, sorry...!

Hum, and try to select the correct Sub-Forum next time you open a Thread, the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum is meant for Scripts that fail in CR only but work in other Browsers, your Thread doesn't sound like it has anything specific to only CR... (Correct Sub-Forum would have been the 'General' one, but no need to duplicate now...)
Okay, I think I understand! So FCI...I'm using iMacros and Google Chrome. Also: VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR. I can use any browser, though chrome is my favorite.

And I'm sorry I posted it in the wrong forum! Like I said...very new to this. :? I appreciate you kindly telling me, rather than heckling me!
Last edited by whyarewehere84 on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whyarewehere84

Post by whyarewehere84 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:50 pm

iimfun wrote:
whyarewehere84 wrote:The problem is that I don't know how to write a code to click a checkbox that is currently not on the page itself.

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 99999
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 6

Yes, that's right! But I just need to know what code to put in that spot. Or are you saying that the:

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 99999
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 6

is the actual code needed? If so, you're literally my hero! :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:31 am

whyarewehere84 wrote:Okay, I think I understand! So FCI...I'm using iMacros and Google Chrome. Also: VERSION BUILD=844 RECORDER=CR. I can use any browser, though chrome is my favorite.

And I'm sorry I posted it in the wrong forum! Like I said...very new to this. :? I appreciate you kindly telling me, rather than heckling me!
Hum..., yeah..., you understood about 33% of "CIM"/"FCI", Browser Version and OS are still missing...! :roll:
I normally don't read and certainly don't answer if those 3 Versions about your Config/Environment are missing...
=> iMacros for CR v8.4.4, CR57...?, OS...?
whyarewehere84 wrote:
iimfun wrote:

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 99999
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 6

Yes, that's right! But I just need to know what code to put in that spot. Or are you saying that the:

SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 99999
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 6
is the actual code needed? If so, you're literally my hero! :D
Tja...!, you need to record once clicking on that Checkbox, you must have seen it, otherwise how do you know about it, ah-ah...!?

The "SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 99999" Statement from @iimfun means that your Macro will wait for 99999 Seconds (=27.8 Hours!) for the next 'TAG' HTML Element to appear, your Checkbox thus, but this Code will work if your Checkbox will appear "spontaneously" without requiring any Reload/Refresh from you... But I had a look at the Site and I don't have the "Feeling" that anything will "appear" spontaneously without a Refresh so I am afraid this Solution will not work, as if you loop your Script, it will loop once every 28h, oops...!

If you are looking for some "generic" Click Statement on a Checkbox, here is one:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX ATTR=* CONTENT=YES
This would click on the first CB present on any Web-Page... (Well, "any"..., if the CB is not in a Frame...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...