Possible for macro to run in a tab even while im browsing?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
steelhard

Possible for macro to run in a tab even while im browsing?

Post by steelhard » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:22 pm

So I usually have like 10-15 tabs open on chrome and I wanted it to run in a specific tab even while I'm browsing other tabs/websites. Currently what it does is that even if I specify the tab position it'll search for certain tags that I specified in my current tab and not the tab that I specified.

Is this possible?
chivracq

Re: Possible for macro to run in a tab even while im browsin

Post by chivracq » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:45 pm

steelhard wrote:So I usually have like 10-15 tabs open on chrome and I wanted it to run in a specific tab even while I'm browsing other tabs/websites. Currently what it does is that even if I specify the tab position it'll search for certain tags that I specified in my current tab and not the tab that I specified.

Is this possible?
FCIM...! :mrgreen:
=> iMacros for CR v8.4.4...?, CR57/58...?, OS...?

But to answer your Qt, no, it's not "directly" possible to have a Macro running in one Tab and for you to "manually" browse in (some) other Tab(s) in the same Browser Instance (= Window)...

But what is possible is for your "manual" Browsing to open a second Instance (= Window) of your Browser, or even a separate Profile...
Dedicating a separate Profile to iMacros is "good Practice" btw, as you can keep the Set of Add-ons installed/activated in that Profile as limited as possible which will speed up your Macro Execution...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...