Repetitive Searches and Extracting Info

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ayeshachhugani

Repetitive Searches and Extracting Info

Post by ayeshachhugani » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:19 pm

I have a list of mls#'s which I want to search in a given site http://www.homeseekers.com/
This list is in an excel file
I want to search each of the #'s on this website and extract key information such as name and email and save that in an excel file.
How should I go about these repetitive searches and data extraction?
chivracq

Re: Repetitive Searches and Extracting Info

Post by chivracq » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:13 am

ayeshachhugani wrote:I have a list of mls#'s which I want to search in a given site http://www.homeseekers.com/
This list is in an excel file
I want to search each of the #'s on this website and extract key information such as name and email and save that in an excel file.
How should I go about these repetitive searches and data extraction?
Pfff, a bit tired of repeating the same things over and over again for People who can't take 1 min to read the Forum Rules...
More or less same Answer for you like in this Thread...
"FF" = "CR" for you... and disregard the part about the RuntimeError... You don't sound like you've tried anything, so you won't get any RuntimeErrors yet, ah-ah...! :wink:

Hum, and I don't know what "mls#'s" means...? (Some other User had used this "Term" a few months ago already indeed, but I don't remember what it meant exactly..., "Multi-Line-Search" maybe...?)

Oh...!, but wait...!, I see an interesting Qt, youpidoo...!:
"How should I go about these repetitive searches and data extraction?"
=> Answer is easy: Simply use iMacros...! :D

A bit surprised to be honest by the low Quality of your Post which doesn't completely rhyme with the high Level of "Scientific Research + Computer Science + Robotics + Coding + etc..." of your Engineering High School Resume if I located you correctly from your Pseudo (ao) on this Forum... :?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...