iMacro for auto remove urls from Google Search Console

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
eldecoin

iMacro for auto remove urls from Google Search Console

Post by eldecoin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:56 am

iMacros Version: BUILD=844
Operating System: Windows 10
Browser: Versión 60.0.3112.101 (64 bits)
Demo iMacros working OK

Hi! I am trying to use this macro to automatically read from a .csv file urls and send them to Google Search Console in order to ask for deletion from the index.

I know it's javascript but I read that you can also use .js macros in iMacros, isn't it? Do I have to do any change to this code in order to function in iMacros for Chrome?

Code: Select all

var load;
load =  “CODE:”;
load +=  “SET !DATASOURCE urlsAEliminar.csv” + “\n”;
load +=  “SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1” + “\n”;
load +=  “SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{i}}” + “\n”;
load +=  “TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Ocultar<SP>temporalmente” + “\n”;
load +=  “TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:newremovalform ATTR=ID:urlt CONTENT={{!COL1}}” + “\n”;
load +=  “TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:newremovalform ATTR=NAME:urlt.submitButton” + “\n”;
load +=  “TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:the-form ATTR=ID:submit-button” + “\n”;
load +=  “WAIT SECONDS=” + Math.round(Math.random()*(5-3)+parseInt(3)) + “\n”;
for(i=1; i<=41; i++) {
iimSet(“i”,i);
iimPlay(load);
siteName = iimGetLastExtract(0);
}
Thanks everyone
Last edited by eldecoin on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Is this imacro well done?

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:57 pm

eldecoin wrote:

iMacros Version: BUILD=844
Operating System: Windows 10
Browser: Versión 60.0.3112.101 (64 bits)
Demo iMacros working OK

Hi! I am trying to use this macro to automatically read from a .csv file urls and send them to Google Search Console in order to ask for deletion from the index.

I know it's javascript but I read that you can also use .js macros in iMacros, isn't it? Do I have to do any change to this code in order to function in iMacros for Chrome?

var load;
load =  “CODE:”;
load +=  “TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Ocultar<SP>temporalmente” + “\n”;
load +=  “TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:newremovalform ATTR=ID:urlt CONTENT={{!COL1}}” + “\n”;
load +=  “TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:newremovalform ATTR=NAME:urlt.submitButton” + “\n”;
load +=  “TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ID:the-form ATTR=ID:submit-button” + “\n”;
load +=  “WAIT SECONDS=” + Math.round(Math.random()*(5-3)+parseInt(3)) + “\n”;
for(i=1; i<=41; i++) {
iimSet(“i”,i);
iimPlay(load);
siteName = iimGetLastExtract(0);
}
Thanks everyone
Oh...!, FCI mentioned, perfect...!, and your Thread actually belongs indeed to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum (I would never tell from its Thread Title...!), but sorry, give a Descriptive Thread Title to your Thread about its Content and your Question without having to read your whole Post to know what the Thread is about... (for me to answer your Thread...)
Try searching the Forum using "Is this imacro well done?" to try to find similar Threads...! Well..., good luck, ah-ah...! :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
iimfun

Post by iimfun » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:36 am

eldecoin wrote:Do I have to do any change to this code in order to function in iMacros for Chrome?
Yeah, simply convert your code to .iim macro and play it with loop mode in Chrome. .js scripts are not supported in this browser.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:43 am

iimfun wrote:
eldecoin wrote:Do I have to do any change to this code in order to function in iMacros for Chrome?
Yeah, simply convert your code to .iim macro and play it with loop mode in Chrome. .js scripts are not supported in this browser.
Yep of course... :roll: , easy 'Surfing" @iimfun, you could have waited a bit for @OP to first react to my Reply to improve a bit the Quality of the Threads on the Forum... :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
iimfun

Post by iimfun » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:14 am

I expected that @eldecoin would do change the title in order to thank us and am waiting for this.
eldecoin

Post by eldecoin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:45 am

Thanks everybody for your help.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:05 am

iimfun wrote:I expected that @eldecoin would do change the title in order to thank us and am waiting for this.
Yeah..., a bit "naive" Expectation... Most Users with a a useless Thread Title usually don't bother making it Descriptive once they've got their Answer... :roll:
... And usually don't even follow up at all... Oh...!, I'm luckily proven wrong about that one, even if it will have taken 5 days for Follow-up, which is a bit long...:
eldecoin wrote:Thanks everybody for your help.
Okay..., nice to hear from you then after 5 days...

You didn't comply with making your Thread Title Descriptive about the Content of the Thread like I asked... I won't try to help you next time you open a Thread if you don't use the Forum "a bit correctly"... :idea:

And to finish the Thread completely neatly, you would be expected to post/share your final Script once you've converted it to '.iim' to make this Thread useful for other Users... (even if the current non-Descriptive Thread Title makes it difficult to find for other Users searching the Forum with a similar Case/Qt...) :idea:
eldecoin

Post by eldecoin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:21 am

chivracq wrote: And to finish the Thread completely neatly, you would be expected to post/share your final Script once you've converted it to '.iim' to make this Thread useful for other Users... (even if the current non-Descriptive Thread Title makes it difficult to find for other Users searching the Forum with a similar Case/Qt...) :idea:
I cannot post my script because i don't know how to convert to .iim
chivracq

Re: iMacro for auto remove urls from Google Search Console

Post by chivracq » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:50 pm

Ah...!, Thread Title is now Descriptive..., very good...! :D
eldecoin wrote:
chivracq wrote: And to finish the Thread completely neatly, you would be expected to post/share your final Script once you've converted it to '.iim' to make this Thread useful for other Users... (even if the current non-Descriptive Thread Title makes it difficult to find for other Users searching the Forum with a similar Case/Qt...) :idea:
I cannot post my script because i don't know how to convert to .iim
Well, it's actually more "complicated" to convert an '.iim' Macro to a '.js' Script, you simply need to "keep" only the '.iim' Statements from your on-the-fly generated Script, like for example to handle the first 3 Lines...:

... => Will become:

SET !DATASOURCE urlsAEliminar.csv
SET !DATASOURCE_COLUMNS 1
SET !LOOP 1
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
... etc...

But it's a bit cumbersome to want to convert a '.js' Script (back) to an '.iim' Script, you would probably be quicker by recording yourself your Actions and adding yourself the Loop Mechanism manually.
If you didn't write that '.js' Script yourself, chances are that some Statements won't work directly anyway and you'll end up debugging and trying to fix a Script that you didn't make yourself, which will be more complicated that making the Script from scratch yourself...