I'm trying to use iMacros for Chrome to automate a repetitive task.
The task involves opening a Jira ticket and pasting/instering information back and forth between the jira ticket and a confluence webpage.
I've got most of it done but I'm having difficulty with the last part.
I have to paste/insert ticket numbers into a table. It's a simple 2 row, 4 column table. The top row is the column names.
I have the ticket numbers stored as variables. I can get them to be inserted into a text box. However I can't seem to manage the table.
The table class is confluenceTable. It doesn't have an ID and there's no way to add an ID in confluence. Additionally, there are multiple tables on this page, they all have the same class.
So it looks like this
Code: Select all
<table class="confluenceTable"> <colgroup>Stuff about the size and width of the cells</colgroup> <tr> <th class="confluenceTh"> Column Name </th> <--- There's 4 of these </tr> <tr> <td class="confluenceTd">Empty cell I want to put text into</td> <--- There's 4 of these </tr> </table>
Any idea how I paste into those cells?
Editing to add:
1. What version of iMacros are you using?
You find the iMacros version and build information at the top of every macro that you record, for example "VERSION BUILD=10100795". Please test with the latest version.
2. What operating system are you using? (please also specify language)
3. Which browser(s) are you using? (include version numbers)
Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113
4. Do the included demo macros work ok?
5. If reporting a problem with the Scripting Interface, please also test if the included VBS sample scripts run ok.
This test helps us to determine if the iMacros Scripting Interface installation is ok.
6. If recording or replay fails on a specific website: Can you please post the URL of the web page and/or the imacro that creates the problem? If you can not post the imacro or login data in the public user forum, please email it to support AT iopus DOT com and mention your forum post in the email.
Internal website. can't post a link.
7. Do you encounter the same problem with the iMacros Browser, iMacros for Internet Explorer and iMacros for Firefox? Note: If your question is specifically about iMacros for Firefox or iMacros for Chrome, please use their sub-forums.
I'd imagine I would since I can't get it to identify a particular part of a webpage.
I have a script that works up to this point. The issue is identifying the table itself.
I'm trying variations on
Code: Select all
TAG POS=1 TYPE=td ATTR=CLASS:confluenceTd CONTENT=Test
Since it's an internal site I can't provide too much detail but I thought if I provided the code for the table someone might be able to point out where I'm going wrong.
I've been googling like mad and I've found plenty of information on how to extract data from tables and I've been trying to replicate that but it's not working (I figured if I could extract data then I've got the right location and it meant I could easilly input data).