Delay between each character input?

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
lodlum

Delay between each character input?

Post by lodlum » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:47 pm

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to have a delay between every character typed in a text field?
If not Is there a way to write over each character every time? So lets say I wanted to type in 12345678 , I could put 1, Then Paste 12 on it, deleting the previous 1, then 123, deleting the previous 12, then 1234.. ect. as If I could do that then I could put a delay between each character.

I have attempted to just type it in as

Code: Select all

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FIELDSET>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>INPUT" CHARS="1"
WAIT SECONDS=0.08
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FIELDSET>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>INPUT" CHARS="2"
however it doesn't always type the number at the end, so it might end up looking like 12567834 when I want it to be 12345678
chivracq

Re: Delay between each character input?

Post by chivracq » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:46 am

lodlum wrote:Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to have a delay between every character typed in a text field?
If not Is there a way to write over each character every time? So lets say I wanted to type in 12345678 , I could put 1, Then Paste 12 on it, deleting the previous 1, then 123, deleting the previous 12, then 1234.. ect. as If I could do that then I could put a delay between each character.

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FIELDSET>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>INPUT" CHARS="1"
WAIT SECONDS=0.08
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="HTML>BODY>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV>FORM>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>DIV:nth-of-type(2)>FIELDSET>DIV:nth-of-type(3)>DIV>INPUT" CHARS="2"
however it doesn't always type the number at the end, so it might end up looking like 12567834 when I want it to be 12345678
Duplicate Threads are not needed as I guess you understood... :wink:
The 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum is meant for Scripts/Threads specific to iMacros for CR only which is not your case, especially if you don't mention your FCI, the 'General' Thread would have been the correct Sub-Forum for your Threads... (But no need to duplicate now...)

CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

>>>

But OK, yep, I would use the same Method like you do in your Script, and only add some 'End' or 'Ctrl^End' or 'Ctrl^Right_Arrow' Keyboard Input (still using the 'EVENT' Mode) to make sure the Cursor in your Input Field goes to the end of the previously entered Digits for each new Digit... (except for the first one of course).
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
lodlum

Post by lodlum » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:37 pm

chivracq wrote:
lodlum wrote:Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to have a delay between every character typed in a text field?

WAIT SECONDS=0.08
Duplicate Threads are not needed as I guess you understood... :wink:
The 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum is meant for Scripts/Threads specific to iMacros for CR only which is not your case, especially if you don't mention your FCI, the 'General' Thread would have been the correct Sub-Forum for your Threads... (But no need to duplicate now...)

CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
>>>

But OK, yep, I would use the same Method like you do in your Script, and only add some 'End' or 'Ctrl^End' or 'Ctrl^Right_Arrow' Keyboard Input (still using the 'EVENT' Mode) to make sure the Cursor in your Input Field goes to the end of the previously entered Digits for each new Digit... (except for the first one of course).
Sorry about putting it in the wrong sub-forum, and thanks for the response. I ended up using the Right Arrow after the first character and it all ends up being types in correctly.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:05 pm

lodlum wrote:Sorry about putting it in the wrong sub-forum, and thanks for the response. I ended up using the Right Arrow after the first character and it all ends up being types in correctly.
Yeah, don't worry about the "wrong" Sub-Forum, not a big deal, you'll know for next time... :wink:

OK, Thanks for the Feedback/Follow-up, you could share your final Script btw... :idea:

:arrow: But hum..., a 'Ctrl^Right_Arrow' would be more reliable than your single 'Right_Arrow', I would think, or you might still end up with a few Digits being inserted in the middle of previously entered ones, unless you adapt the number of 'Right_Arrow' Keystrokes to the number of Digits already entered..., which I find a bit more cumbersome than a single 'End' or 'Ctrl^Right_Arrow' in the Input Field... Hum, or even a single 'Arrow_Down' would probably already do the same "job"...

And hum, I asked you to mention your FCI, you didn't comply (applies to all your Threads...), I will probably not react at all next time you have a Pb/Qt and open a new Thread, I was waiting for that Info before reacting to your 2nd Thread where you got a bit "lucky" that some other Advanced User already reacted... :idea:
=> Probable FCI: iMacros for CR v8.4.4(...?), CR61(...?), OS(...?)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...