Conditional Statements in Imacros (not as described in FAQ)

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
EMPMNSBO7777777

Conditional Statements in Imacros (not as described in FAQ)

Post by EMPMNSBO7777777 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:09 pm

Imacros Version: 8.4.4
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 English
Browser: Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132
First, I have read he FAQ, and know that it says EVAL can be used to analyze a certain condition and abort the macro in case this condition is true or false. But, I am trying to see if I can use EVAL to determine if a certain keyword (let's say the text "google.com) is in the address bar/url of the page I'm currently on, and if it doesn't find the text, I would like it to go to a different url (let's say its https://www.google.com/search?ei=aONoWu ... pwqoDaXxq4), and if it does find the text then I would like the script to continue as normal. The difference between what I need and what the FAQ says, is that I don't wont the Macro to be aborted if the condition is false. I have also not finished constructing the actual full Macro that I am using, but I will attach a working sample Macro, that includes the lines I need for this Macro with the example url's I gave above.

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
*To be inserted here: Look for the text "google.com" in the url of the current tab. If "google.com" is in the url, then continue with the Macro. If the textr is not found in the url/address bar, go to the url "[url]https://www.google.com/search?ei=aONoWurLAYf1zgLF3IaQAg&q=Just+an+example+url&oq=Just+an+example+url&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30k1l2.437.1225.0.1425.4.4.0.0.0.0.74.251.4.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.250...0j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1.0.ypwqoDaXxq4[/url]" and continue with the script.*
REFRESH
TAB T=2
*To be inserted here: Look for the text "google.com" in the url of the current tab. If "google.com" is in the url, then continue with the Macro. If the textr is not found in the url/address bar, go to the url "[url]https://www.google.com/search?ei=aONoWurLAYf1zgLF3IaQAg&q=Just+an+example+url&oq=Just+an+example+url&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30k1l2.437.1225.0.1425.4.4.0.0.0.0.74.251.4.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.4.250...0j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1.0.ypwqoDaXxq4[/url]" and continue with the script.*
REFRESH
TAB T=1
If someone could tell me how to make a script that does this, I would greatly appreciate it.
P.S. I have like zero knowledge of how to use the EVAL tool so If you could just edit the given script, and enter it with the example url and conditions given, I will be able to copy this into my current script and edit it to work for other url's. :mrgreen:
chivracq

Re: Conditional Statements in Imacros (not as described in F

Post by chivracq » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:35 pm

EMPMNSBO7777777 wrote:

Imacros Version: 8.4.4
Operating System: Windows 10 x64 English
Browser: Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132
First, I have read he FAQ, and know that it says EVAL can be used to analyze a certain condition and abort the macro in case this condition is true or false. But, I am trying to see if I can use EVAL to determine if a certain keyword (let's say the text "google.com) is in the address bar/url of the page I'm currently on, and if it doesn't find the text, I would like it to go to a different url (let's say its https://www.google.com/search?ei=aONoWu ... pwqoDaXxq4), and if it does find the text then I would like the script to continue as normal. The difference between what I need and what the FAQ says, is that I don't wont the Macro to be aborted if the condition is false. I have also not finished constructing the actual full Macro that I am using, but I will attach a working sample Macro, that includes the lines I need for this Macro with the example url's I gave above.

TAB T=1
REFRESH
TAB T=2
REFRESH
TAB T=1
If someone could tell me how to make a script that does this, I would greatly appreciate it.
P.S. I have like zero knowledge of how to use the EVAL tool so If you could just edit the given script, and enter it with the example url and conditions given, I will be able to copy this into my current script and edit it to work for other url's. :mrgreen:
Yep, your Solution in pure '.iim' to work with iMacros for CR (v8.4.4) will use '!URLCURRENT' (if you don't input yourself the URL of your Page) and 'EVAL()' indeed with some JavaScript Command like 'match()' or 'split()' for example to determine if your "google.com" is present in the String of the URL.

Have a look at the following Thread for more Info and where you'll find a List of several relevant Threads with Examples and/or if you search the Forum a bit on my Posts for example, I've already produced more than 100 if not several 100's of 'EVAL()' Examples...:
- Workarounds for Conditional Logic in Macro Code
8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...