Search and automatically replace text

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ClaudioMartini

Search and automatically replace text

Post by ClaudioMartini » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 pm

I just made this macro

Code: Select all

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:product-form ATTR=ID:Name EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:IT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:product-form ATTR=ID:Locales_0__Name CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
After this, I would like to check all the text inside {{VAR1}}, in order to correct part of grammal errors like "é" instead of "è" and something like this.

How can I do this?
chivracq

Re: Search and automatically replace text

Post by chivracq » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 pm

ClaudioMartini wrote:I just made this macro

Code: Select all

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:product-form ATTR=ID:Name EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:IT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:product-form ATTR=ID:Locales_0__Name CONTENT={{!VAR1}}
After this, I would like to check all the text inside {{VAR1}}, in order to correct part of grammal errors like "é" instead of "è" and something like this.

How can I do this?
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Your Thread has nothing specific to 'iMacros for CR', I would think, especially if you don't mention your FCI...!? :?
Try to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread... (=> Would have been the 'General' Sub-Forum for this one... But no need to open a Duplicate now...!)

OK, concerning your Qt..., mention your FCI first for me to do any "Thinking"... Interesting Qt though, I don't think we have any similar/related Thread on the Forum already... 8)
(And if using iMacros for CR v10.0.1, mention as well if you are using the "Free Add-on" or "PE" (Personal Edition).)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Search and automatically replace text

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:44 pm

For those interested, parallel Thread on SOF, with a "better" Follow-up than on our Forum, ah-ah...!, and 1 Answer about a "Standard" (Double) Global 'replace()' (good Example btw, which has been copied&pasted from some other Thread (on our Forum, I think...), easy to reuse...), which doesn't really/fully address the original Qt in my Opinion but @OP seems to be happy with it..., then OK..., good enough... :? 8)
Hum..., even if @OP wants to follow up in some "secret" PM-Conversation, so I guess we'll never know the end, ah-ah...! :roll:

Nearly surprised btw nobody corrected the "grammal" [sic] on SOF which is "hurting" my eyes a little bit, oops...! :x
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...