Save Macro As dialog is no longer working

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.

Moderators: Community Moderators, iMacros Moderators

Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Save Macro As dialog is no longer working

by Napes on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:48 am

I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue as OP, but:

iMacros 10.0.1
Chrome 65.0.3325.146 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Ubuntu 16.04.04

All functionality is working normally for me, except when recording a new macro. I hit 'Record Macro', enter the keystokes, 'Stop', 'Save as and close', then this window pops up:

savemacroas.png

And both the 'OK' and 'Cancel' buttons don't work, regardless of which radio button is pressed. Bear in mind I've done this procedure many times without error. I DID recently update Chrome, which I assume is where the problem lies.
Napes

Re: Save Macro As dialog is no longer working

by chivracq on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:41 pm

Napes wrote:I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue as OP, but:

Code: Select all
iMacros 10.0.1
Ubuntu 16.04.04

All functionality is working normally for me, except when recording a new macro. I hit 'Record Macro', enter the keystokes, 'Stop', 'Save as and close', then this window pops up:

savemacroas.png

And both the 'OK' and 'Cancel' buttons don't work, regardless of which radio button is pressed. Bear in mind I've done this procedure many times without error. I DID recently update Chrome, which I assume is where the problem lies.

Ah, good...!, your Post is of a bit better Quality and a bit more precise than @OP's... :D
Hum, @OP is not following up btw, => Not good...! :x

Euh..., using v10.0.1 for CR on CR65, after a recent CR Update you mention, OK... :|

But using v10.0.1 for CR, do you have the 'Free Add-on' Version or the 'PE' Version...? :?:
=> Because if using the 'Free' Version, all 'File Access' Functionality is now disabled in 'v10.0.1 for CR Free', like I already mentioned, and for example trying to save your (recorded) Macro as a Local '.iim' File is now only possible in the 'PE' Version..., and you can therefore only save your Macro(s) as Bookmarks.
=> Do you get the Pb even if trying to save your Macro(s) as Bookmark(s)...? :?:
=> Hum, "regardless of which radio button is pressed" you mention... Then OK, I don't know...
I guess you'll have to wait until a few other Users confirm that CR65 is indeed breaking v10.0.1 for CR if you are right..., the "good News" if that's the Case indeed, is that TechSup/Dev will probably quickly react and come up with a Fix as v10.0.1 for CR is now "Commercial"... :wink:
'>
EDIT: About "'Free' or 'PE' Version?", ah-ah...! :oops:
On OS=Ubuntu=Linux => 'Free' Version of course...!, there is currently no FIO-Module for Linux/MacOS anymore for v10.0.1, oops...!
[Don't know why, but I always get a "Quick" when I answer my own Qt's, ah-ah...! :oops: ]

I don't use (iMacros for) CR at all myself, even if I still have some CR62 (I think?) Env. + v8.4.4 for CR that I keep for the Forum and that I am a bit reluctant to "screw" (= "update" :wink: ) to CR65 + v10.0.1 for CR (Free), even if I've secured the 'v8.4.4 for CR' Version of course as it cannot be downloaded from anywhere now...

>

[Rant-Mode=ON]
And to be honest, I don't "really" support (AT ALL, ah-ah...!) this Commercial "Move" with v10.0.1 for CR, with about half of the Functionality now being disabled in the Free Version... :roll:
=> I don't intend to really help Users using this Commercial v10.x Version for CR, I've been helping Users on the Forum for several years now mainly because all 3 Add-ons for FF/IE/CR were Free (Users helping Users), now I consider that Ipswitch can allocate TechSup Resources to the Forum to support this Version as Customers have to pay for it..., or they can switch to another Browser (my Advice, ah-ah...!, well iMacros for CR has always been very buggy and limited compared to iMacros for FF, I each time find 10-20 (mini-)Bugs each time I need to run some Test on CR for the Forum, yikes...! :shock: ) if they still want the Full Functionality for Free... :idea:
[Rant-Mode=OFF]
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

by Napes on Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:27 pm

On OS=Ubuntu=Linux => 'Free' Version of course...!, there is currently no FIO-Module for Linux/MacOS anymore for v10.0.1, oops...!

Well, I am indeed using the Freeware version, but I only use bookmarks, not files.

I wonder if this is a bug, since the issue only seems to have cropped up since I updated Chrome.

Anyways, thanks for your time and help.
Napes

by chivracq on Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Napes wrote:

Well, I am indeed using the Freeware version, but I only use bookmarks, not files.

I wonder if this is a bug, since the issue only seems to have cropped up since I updated Chrome.

Anyways, thanks for your time and help.

Yep, sounds like it... And I guess it will then quickly be confirmed by other Users, Google is pretty "aggressive" for updating CR, I've noticed... Even if there is a small chance that only CR65 for Linux might be impacted... (and most iMacros Users are on WinOS...).

Any chance you can revert to CR64 (and prevent CR from updating again)...? :idea:

>>>

=> To any NEW User(s) reporting the same Issue, please mention your exact-exact-complete FCI (= FULL CONFIG INFO):
- iMacros v10.0.1 + 'Free' or 'PE' (Personal Edition)...?
- CR65...? (With exact CR Version.)
- OS...?
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
chivracq

by Napes on Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:05 am

Any chance you can revert to CR64 (and prevent CR from updating again)...? :idea:

That's a good idea... I may try that, although it's not really a long term solution. If the issue persists, I suppose I'll have to look for a new automation solution. Thanks chivracq!
Napes

by chivracq on Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:55 am

Napes wrote:

That's a good idea... I may try that, although it's not really a long term solution. If the issue persists, I suppose I'll have to look for a new automation solution. Thanks chivracq!

Well, about "long term solution", if you are correct that it's a Bug, then it's a very blocking Bug, and you won't be the only one encountering/reporting it and I guess Dev will then probably quickly come out with a Fix as v10 for CR is now "Commercial" or they will get many "angry" Customers, ah-ah...! Which means that you shouldn't have to stay very long on CR64.

Check the Forum the coming days to see if other Users are impacted or it would mean that "stg else" is involved and you could then try to "clean" reinstall CR and/or iMacros...

And being on Linux, you can of course always use FF and iMacros for FF which is much more "powerful" than iMacros for CR anyway... :idea:
All Scripts written for/on CR work on FF as well, except for the 'TAG SELECTOR' Syntax which is not supported on FF (yet)... Hum, and a few "High Level" (Advanced) Tricks/Workarounds behave differently between the 2 Browsers or don't work on FF and need another Workaround... (Conditional 'PROMPT' for example...)
chivracq

by moumoute15 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:53 am

Napes wrote:I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue as OP, but:

iMacros 10.0.1
Ubuntu 16.04.04

savemacroas.png

Same problem. Impossible to use 'Save as' option to save a recorded macro ...
moumoute15

by chivracq on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:03 am

moumoute15 wrote:Same problem. Impossible to use 'Save as' option to save a recorded macro ...

=> To any NEW User(s) reporting the same Issue, ...
=> Wondering what Language I have to use...!? :roll: :shock:
chivracq

by Napes on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:46 pm

moumoute15 wrote:

Thank you, well now it's probably not to do with our systems, but something external with the software. By the by, I logged into a Windows system and the "Save as Bookmark" worked fine there, so it's- I'm guessing- to do with the Linux implementation of Chrome.
Napes

by chivracq on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Napes wrote:
moumoute15 wrote:

Thank you, well now it's probably not to do with our systems, but something external with the software. By the by, I logged into a Windows system and the "Save as Bookmark" worked fine there, so it's- I'm guessing- to do with the Linux implementation of Chrome.

Hum..., a bit premature to thank @moumoute15 I would think as this User didn't really read the whole Thread and didn't mention their FCI like I asked, so you cannot be sure that this User is on the same Env./OS like you as they never mentioned their FCI either in any of their previous Posts except once partially 1.5 years ago and only to mention that they were using v9.0.3 for FF at that time... :roll:

I've asked the User from this Thread if they could post in this current Thread to mention if they encounter the same Pb or not in their FCI, as they are on MacOS v10.13.3. They "sound" like they are "nicely" Technical and Systematic, so that should give a 2nd bit of "trustworthy" Info... (... if they hopefully react of course... :wink: )
chivracq

by Napes on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:07 pm

[quote="chivracq"]Hum..., a bit premature to thank @moumoute15 I would think as this User didn't really read the whole Thread and didn't mention their FCI like I asked[/quote[

True... although, I can confirm the functionality still works in Windows, at least on my machine, so for me the problem is in Linux only.
Napes

by ghcest on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi,

I am in the same situation. My Chrome was updated today to the version above:

- Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit)
and
with the iMacros version 10.0.1 so before the update (which I think because I am using an another computer with a older CR version) was working really good but from now on it shows exactly what the print from the owner of this post describes. It does not save and my Mac keyboard button looks like unseful.

I really hope that they update the iMacros extension because I use this for my professional things and probably many others are having this issue too. Anyone could fix it?

Thanks
ghcest

by Napes on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:26 am

I'd like to note that i tried reverting Chrome back to the last working build (version 64...something) and the 'SAVE AS' error persisted. So I believe it's something in the latest iMacros update which is causing the incompatibility, possibly with all versions of Chrome.
Napes

by chivracq on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:04 pm

Napes wrote:
chivracq wrote:Hum..., a bit premature to thank @moumoute15 I would think as this User didn't really read the whole Thread and didn't mention their FCI like I asked

True... although, I can confirm the functionality still works in Windows, at least on my machine, so for me the problem is in Linux only.

A possible Workaround could be to run CR on Windows in a Windows Emulator ('Wine' for example) or a Virtual Machine ('VMWare' for example), a bit cumbersome I guess, but that might be the "price" to pay if you want to stick to CR until a new Version of iMacros for CR or of CR "unbreaks" that broken Feature...

And I think we have some Thread(s) on the Forum where the 'EVENT' Mode sometimes has some "Difficulties" when running in a VM, in case you use the 'EVENT' Mode...

ghcest wrote:Hi,

I am in the same situation. My Chrome was updated today to the version above:

- Version 65.0.3325.162 (Official Build) (64-bit)
and
with the iMacros version 10.0.1 so before the update (which I think because I am using an another computer with a older CR version) was working really good but from now on it shows exactly what the print from the owner of this post describes. It does not save and my Mac keyboard button looks like unseful.

I really hope that they update the iMacros extension because I use this for my professional things and probably many others are having this issue too. Anyone could fix it?

Thanks

Hum, then it looks like CR65 + iMacros for CR v10.0.1 encounter the Pb on both Linux and MacOS... :oops:

Napes wrote:I'd like to note that i tried reverting Chrome back to the last working build (version 64...something) and the 'SAVE AS' error persisted. So I believe it's something in the latest iMacros update which is causing the incompatibility, possibly with all versions of Chrome.

Hum, strange indeed... But iMacros for CR v10.0.1 is already from a few months ago now, you should then have encountered the Pb much earlier, I would think... :?

Stg that could play a "Role" is a Setting in CR for the iMacros Add-on/Extension that you probably had enabled much earlier and that probably gets "retained" when updating CR or iMacros for CR, but probably gets reset to 'Disabled' when reverting CR to a previous Version, and reinstalling iMacros for CR is the 'Allow Access to File URL's' Setting... :idea:
chivracq

by moumoute15 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:20 am

chivracq wrote:
moumoute15 wrote:Same problem. Impossible to use 'Save as' option to save a recorded macro ...

=> To any NEW User(s) reporting the same Issue, ...
=> Wondering what Language I have to use...!? :roll: :shock:

For me :
Imacros Version

Google Chrome est à jour
Version 65.0.3325.181 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Windows 8.1
moumoute15

Next

Return to iMacros for Chrome