Save Macro As dialog is no longer working

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Re: Save Macro As dialog is no longer working

Post by chivracq » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:48 am

moumoute15 wrote:
chivracq wrote:
moumoute15 wrote:Same problem. Impossible to use 'Save as' option to save a recorded macro ...
=> To any NEW User(s) reporting the same Issue, ...
=> Wondering what Language I have to use...!? :roll: :shock:
For me :

Code: Select all

Imacros Version: 10.0.1
Google Chrome est à jour / Version 65.0.3325.181 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
Windows 8.1
Ah...!, good, finally...!

But hum, you are on Win8.1 and do encounter the Pb while @Napes had tested on some Windows Env. and mentioned that they did NOT encounter the Pb on Win...! I'm getting a bit lost with all those contradictory Reports, ah-ah...! :?
=> ... Which would mean as well that all the possible Workarounds I mentioned with Win-Emulator or VM wouldn't help either...

Did anybody check the Setting I mentioned in my previous Reply...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:53 am

Hi folks,

We're currently aware that a recent update to the Chrome browser itself has caused the buttons in this dialog to stop functioning. Our development team is currently investigating the issue and will release an update once the issue is fixed.

Thank you to everyone here for helping to identify the issue and bringing it to our attention here!

In the meantime, you can still save your macros as either a file (Personal Edition only) or bookmark by using the Save & Close button in the editor to save the macro with the default name, and then you can right-click the macro in the iMacros sidebar and select Rename from the pop-up menu to rename the macro.
Rename Macro.png
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Napes

Post by Napes » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks for the update Tom!
drenken

Post by drenken » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:40 am

Same/similar issue on Chrome FE.
Can play, record, etc, but with record or open existing...
cannot use "save" or "save as"; [ok]/[cancel] buttons will not work.

Had been working fine until Chrome 65 update last week (4/2/18).

iMacros 10.0.1
Version 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 Home 1709

Workaround is to use bookmark manager; copy/paste bookmark, rename, use iMacro editor to edit & save.

:/
drenken

Post by drenken » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:42 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:Hi folks,

We're currently aware that a recent update to the Chrome browser itself has caused the buttons in this dialog to stop functioning. Our development team is currently investigating the issue and will release an update once the issue is fixed.

Thank you to everyone here for helping to identify the issue and bringing it to our attention here!

In the meantime, you can still save your macros as either a file (Personal Edition only) or bookmark by using the Save & Close button in the editor to save the macro with the default name, and then you can right-click the macro in the iMacros sidebar and select Rename from the pop-up menu to rename the macro.
Rename Macro.png
Thanks, Tom.

Your post appeared AFTER I submitted my post. :o