Pasting from clipboard

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
newtothis17

Pasting from clipboard

Post by newtothis17 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:31 pm

I have the code below for a macro in chrome. I have no idea about actual coding. What I am trying to do is instead of having the 123 being input for the content, I would like to be able to paste the last entry in clipboard into that field. Please help....thanks!

VERSION BUILD=1001 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=http://www.viewmyproposal.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:ctl00 ATTR=ID:ContentPlaceHolder1_txtCode CONTENT=123
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ContentPlaceHolder1_lnkGetEstimate
chivracq

Re: Pasting from clipboard

Post by chivracq » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:38 pm

newtothis17 wrote:I have the code below for a macro in chrome. I have no idea about actual coding. What I am trying to do is instead of having the 123 being input for the content, I would like to be able to paste the last entry in clipboard into that field. Please help....thanks!

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1001 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=http://www.viewmyproposal.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:ctl00 ATTR=ID:ContentPlaceHolder1_txtCode CONTENT=123
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:ContentPlaceHolder1_lnkGetEstimate
Yeah, you don't need to open Duplicates of the same Thread... :idea:

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for CR v10.0.1, Free/PE...?, CR64/65...?, OS...?

But anyway, nope..., '{{!CLIPBOARD}}' to paste the Content of your OS Clipboard is indeed not supported on CR, like documented in the Wiki...
The Wiki Page for the '!CLIPBOARD' Command was last updated "This page was last modified on 9 October 2013, at 13:03." and it's not mentioned in the Release Notes for v10.0.1 for CR, so I guess it's still not supported... :cry:

I think I have it listed in the List of EnhReq's I maintain in the following Thread..., yep as Item_16 indeed, feel free to bump that Thread to "support" that EnhReq... :idea:
-16- Add '{{!CLIPBOARD}}' Support for iMacros for CR.
There is a Workaround using 'Ctrl^v' (= 'Paste') using the 'EVENT' Mode, but it doesn't work either on CR as the 'MODIFIERS' Parameter needed for the 'Control' Key is again not supported on CR. :twisted:

It is probably I would think possible to do it in pure JavaScript then you could find a Workaround using the 'URL GOTO=javascript:' Syntax, but I don't use CR myself, only FF where '{{!CLIPBOARD}}' and 'Ctrl^v' work perfectly, so I never tried to find another Solution... :wink:
But there is a mini-chance if you search the Forum that other Advanced User @iimfun who uses (iMacros for) CR as his Default/Prod Browser might have posted a Workaround that would work on CR... I remember asking him a few months ago about '{{!CLIPBOARD}}' on CR in some related Thread... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Pasting from clipboard

Post by chivracq » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:45 am

And...?, any Follow-up...?

I see you had posted or started to post a Reply 2 days ago, but you've strangely deleted it before I had a chance to read it..., hum..., OK... :?

(And I won't go through the hassle of retrieving that deleted Post to check its Content, don't worry, I guess you probably had some "good Reason" to delete it..., but hum..., you would need to follow up a bit on your Thread if you ever need some Help (again) for some other (future) Thread(s)... Just saying... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...