iMacros for Chrome stopped recording

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
untgregory

iMacros for Chrome stopped recording

Post by untgregory » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:05 pm

I downloaded iMacros and recorded a great macro for performing a task. I use it a lot.

However, I'm trying to record a similar macro and NOTHING is recording except changing tabs. I read somewhere that Firefox is better for iMacros, so I opened my old Firefox and of course it wouldn't download any of the iMacros without being updated. So I updated Firefox and now it's TOO updated for any of the iMacros.

I'm stuck.
chivracq

Re: iMacros for Chrome stopped recording

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:39 pm

untgregory wrote:I downloaded iMacros and recorded a great macro for performing a task. I use it a lot.

However, I'm trying to record a similar macro and NOTHING is recording except changing tabs. I read somewhere that Firefox is better for iMacros, so I opened my old Firefox and of course it wouldn't download any of the iMacros without being updated. So I updated Firefox and now it's TOO updated for any of the iMacros.

I'm stuck.
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Ouf-ouf..., your Post is a bit "messy" and rather vague with "similar" + "great macro" + "a task" + "somewhere" + "updated" + "too updated" if you don't mention any exact Versions... :roll:

But OK, concerning iMacros for CR, current Version is v10.0.1 for CR (Free/PE) and it should work on CR64/65 I think which is/are the current/latest CR Versions. Nobody reported iMacros for CR not being able to record a Macro, so you must be doing "stg" wrong, I would think, and you don't give any Info about what your Macro is supposed to do/record...
In 'v10.0.1 for CR Free', FIO/File Access is now disabled in the Free Version, so if your Macro is supposed to download/upload for example, or to use a DataSource, you would need the 'PE' (Personal Edition) Version for that Functionality to work...

Now concerning iMacros for FF, no Version works anymore on FF57(+) at the moment, but v9.0.3 for FF (current/latest Version) and v8.9.7 for FF (stable/recommended Version) still both work until FF56.
FCI I use/maintain myself for example: iMacros for FF v8.9.7 + FF v55.0.3 (+Win10_x64).

And when installing some "older"/previous FF Version (until FF56), you need of course to disable Updates for FF to prevent FF to update to FF57(+). You can use FF Portable for example.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Bitmann

Post by Bitmann » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:26 am

Hi Chivracq,
May be you will help me.
Everything was fine for more than a year but suddenly today i can't execute my macros (.iim files). I make a double-click or hit the button Play Macro and it doesnt do anything. I can't edit them too and also i can't record a new macro (when i hit Stop, then there is only white window with no info and i cant save it or anything else like Crypto Source). But i can rename macros and remove. Why i cant execute my macros? Where could be the problem? I haven't changed anything and few days ago everything was working as it is supposed to be.
Last edited by Bitmann on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Bitmann wrote:Hi Chivracq,
May be you will help me.
Everything was fine for more than a year but suddenly today i can't execute my macros (.iim files). I make a double-click or hit the button Play Macro and it doesnt do anything. I can't edit them too and also i can't record a new macro (when i hit Stop, then there is only white window with no info and i cant save it or anything else). But i can rename macros and remove. Why i cant execute my macros? Where could be the problem? I haven't changed anything and few days ago everything was working as it is supposed to be.
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Always mention your FCI when you open a Thread or post for the first time in some existing Thread, but the Symptoms you describe look like you are using iMacros for CR v10.0.1 and CR probably recently updated itself to CR65.

Have a look at this (main) parallel Thread where TechSup confirmed the Issue and are working on a Fix...:
- Re: Save Macro As dialog is no longer working

Hum, and @OP was apparently right with their Report of the Issue but their Post/Report was a bit of "low Quality" and they didn't follow up on their Thread, so the other Thread (opened 2 days later after this one) is now the "main" Thread...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...