Launch CR iMacros in Chrome when run in task scheduler

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Jim Atkinson

Launch CR iMacros in Chrome when run in task scheduler

Post by Jim Atkinson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 am

When I open Chrome from task scheduler: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe", Chrome opens but on screen it says: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe".

I never runs my bookmarket. It ran great inside Chrome itself but now that it's in Task Scheduler it doesn't start Chrome.

In arguments, I have: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/iMacros/Macros/3wkushuffle.html

which is the html file to run.

Why am I getting this error. I must have too much in the arguments, do I need to put some of it in "start in".

Please help.

Thank you.

Jim Atkinson
Jim Atkinson

Re: Launch CR iMacros in Chrome when run in task scheduler

Post by Jim Atkinson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 pm

I found the solution to this so that the Imacros extension launches everytime in Chrome.

I changed <body onload="window.setTimeout('document.getElementById(\'criimlaunch\').click();', 5000);"> to 5000 from 1000. It loads everytime.

I also gave up on the built in Windows Task Scheduler and chose Splinterware System Scheduler Professionsal. It runs as a Windows service and starts the .html bookmarket perfectly everytime.

Wanted to followup to let the forum know what I did to fix the problem.

Thank You.

Jim Atkinson