Launch CR iMacros in Chrome when run in task scheduler

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Jim Atkinson

Launch CR iMacros in Chrome when run in task scheduler

Post by Jim Atkinson » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 am

When I open Chrome from task scheduler: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe", Chrome opens but on screen it says: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe".

I never runs my bookmarket. It ran great inside Chrome itself but now that it's in Task Scheduler it doesn't start Chrome.

In arguments, I have: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Documents/iMacros/Macros/3wkushuffle.html

which is the html file to run.

Why am I getting this error. I must have too much in the arguments, do I need to put some of it in "start in".

Please help.

Thank you.

Jim Atkinson
Jim Atkinson

Re: Launch CR iMacros in Chrome when run in task scheduler

Post by Jim Atkinson » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 pm

I found the solution to this so that the Imacros extension launches everytime in Chrome.

I changed <body onload="window.setTimeout('document.getElementById(\'criimlaunch\').click();', 5000);"> to 5000 from 1000. It loads everytime.

I also gave up on the built in Windows Task Scheduler and chose Splinterware System Scheduler Professionsal. It runs as a Windows service and starts the .html bookmarket perfectly everytime.

Wanted to followup to let the forum know what I did to fix the problem.

Thank You.

Jim Atkinson