search and replace in the URL bar, then resubmit

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
edgreenberg

search and replace in the URL bar, then resubmit

Post by edgreenberg » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:15 pm

I would like a macro that will do a search and replace on a URL in the URL Bar and then resubmit.

Specifically:

http://github.com/Foo/includes/pull/23/ ... mit-review

search #submit-review and replace it with ?w=1 then resubmit

I do this every time I review a pull request and it's getting tedious.

Any help or pointers appreciated.
chivracq

Re: search and replace in the URL bar, then resubmit

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:21 pm

edgreenberg wrote:I would like a macro that will do a search and replace on a URL in the URL Bar and then resubmit.

Specifically:

http://github.com/Foo/includes/pull/23/ ... mit-review

search #submit-review and replace it with ?w=1 then resubmit

I do this every time I review a pull request and it's getting tedious.

Any help or pointers appreciated.
CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig..., this is a Technical Forum..)

Hum, and try to select the "correct" Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum is meant for Scripts that work in other Browsers but fail in CR... (But no need to duplicate now..., this Thread might get moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum...)

But..., hum..., your Qt is pretty "basic" and very easy to implement if you read a mini-little-bit of the Documentation, especially for sbd with your Tech Skills, I would think... :wink:
(And it has probably already been asked and answered, if you search the Forum... (I didn't check...))

=> Use '!URLCURRENT' + 'EVAL()' (+ 'replace()' and/or 'split()')... (+ 'URL GOTO' of course, to reload the New Page...) :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: search and replace in the URL bar, then resubmit

Post by chivracq » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:41 pm

Hum..., I guess I was right about "easy/basic Qt" and you probably easily found the Solution by yourself, very good...!, as I notice that you never bothered to check the Forum/your Thread anymore..., but hum, you would be "expected" to share your Solution as well, to finish this Thread "a bit correctly" and useful for other Users or I probably won't try to help you next time you have a new Qt and "really get stuck", ah-ah...!, just saying... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...