Chrome Randomly Not Working

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
steve69a

Chrome Randomly Not Working

Post by steve69a » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi,

My Chrome Browser works fine with iMacros sometimes, and sometimes it does not work.

When it stops working, it stops working completely and I have to do a reboot to get the macros to work again.

Sometimes even after rebooting, the iMacros will still not work.

A simple .vbs with URL GOTO= results with no browser opening and no scripting starting.

It's almost like the iMacros extension does not register properly with Chrome and I am able to get it working again by opening and closing Chrome many times (and also opening and closing iMacros).

I have also seen the best success with disabling the Chrome extension and re-enabling it.

Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (64-bit).
Imacros Version 10.0.2
Windows 10 Home

Has anybody ever experienced this issue to? Is there anything I could do to make this at least happen less often?

Here is a similar thread I was able to find: https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24561

Thank you for reading.
chivracq

Re: Chrome Randomly Not Working

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:45 am

steve69a wrote:

Code: Select all

Imacros Version 10.0.2
Windows 10 Home
Hi,

My Chrome Browser works fine with iMacros sometimes, and sometimes it does not work.

When it stops working, it stops working completely and I have to do a reboot to get the macros to work again.

Sometimes even after rebooting, the iMacros will still not work.

A simple .vbs with URL GOTO= results with no browser opening and no scripting starting.

It's almost like the iMacros extension does not register properly with Chrome and I am able to get it working again by opening and closing Chrome many times (and also opening and closing iMacros).

I have also seen the best success with disabling the Chrome extension and re-enabling it.

Imacros Version 10.0.2
Windows 10 Home

Has anybody ever experienced this issue to? Is there anything I could do to make this at least happen less often?

Here is a similar thread I was able to find: https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24561

Thank you for reading.
Hum..., I remember "that" Thread from 3 years ago..., but hum, was about v8.3.4 for CR, I don't think anybody had any similar/related Pb later with v8.4.4 which was much more stable anyway... :D

Your "Case" will be for TechSup anyway, I'm not sure I can help you, I don't use iMacros for CR for myself anyway... :D
(And I don't "really" help for iMacros for CR anymore anyway, since v10 has gone Commercial... :shock: )

One "thing" I don't understand in your Descr is your "A simple .vbs with URL GOTO= results with no browser opening...", you cannot use 'URL GOTO' in a '.vbs' Script directly unless you are using the Scripting Interface, then your Version (for the Scripting Interface) is missing..., might be "clearer" if you posted your "simple .vbs"... :idea:
But 'URL GOTO' is never going to open a Browser, Scripting Interface or not...! :?

And in case you don't use the Scripting Interface, you might need to mention if you use v10.0.2 for CR 'Free' or 'PE'... :idea:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
steve69a

Post by steve69a » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi chivracq,

Thanks for responding! I was able to figure out what is causing this to happen for me.

The option to "Sync Everything" in the settings of Chrome were what was causing my issue. Once I disabled this feature, the iMacros browser has been working with no issues (knock on wood!).

When I say "Simple .vbs with URL GOTO= results with no browser opening", I mean something similar to this:

MyMacroCode = "CODE:"
MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"FILTER TYPE=IMAGES STATUS=ON" + vbNewLine
MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"SET !TIMEOUT 10" + vbNewLine
MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"SET !ERRORIGNORE YES" + vbNewLine
MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 10" + vbNewLine
MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"TAB T=1" + vbNewLine
MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"URL GOTO=" + cstr(URL) + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(MyMacroCode, 100)

Sometimes it would fail there and sometimes it would fail when trying to open the browser

set iim1 = CreateObject ("imacros")
iret = iim1.iimInit ("-cr", true, 5000)

I've updated this thread the best I could for anybody else with a similar issue. Have a great day!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:12 pm

steve69a wrote:Hi chivracq,

Thanks for responding! I was able to figure out what is causing this to happen for me.

The option to "Sync Everything" in the settings of Chrome were what was causing my issue. Once I disabled this feature, the iMacros browser has been working with no issues (knock on wood!).

When I say "Simple .vbs with URL GOTO= results with no browser opening", I mean something similar to this:

MyMacroCode = "CODE:"
	MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"FILTER TYPE=IMAGES STATUS=ON" + vbNewLine
	MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"SET !TIMEOUT 10" + vbNewLine
	MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"SET !ERRORIGNORE YES" + vbNewLine
	MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 10" + vbNewLine
	MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"TAB T=1" + vbNewLine  
	MyMacroCode = MyMacroCode+"URL GOTO=" + cstr(URL) + vbNewLine

iret = iim1.iimPlay(MyMacroCode, 100)
Sometimes it would fail there and sometimes it would fail when trying to open the browser

set iim1 = CreateObject ("imacros")
	iret = iim1.iimInit ("-cr", true, 5000)
I've updated this thread the best I could for anybody else with a similar issue. Have a great day!
Hum..., "good to know" about this 'Sync Everything' Setting in CR... :oops:

Ah OK, so you were indeed using the Scripting Interface after all, hum, you could have mentioned which Version => v10 / v11.5 / v12...?, and if using v10/v11.5, I'm "curious" to know if you (automatically) get the FIO/FA Module for v10.0.x on CR...(?) (... even if your mini-Script doesn't require it...)

Well, it's the 'iimInit()' that is launching the Browser...

A bit "surprised" btw if your ('.iim') Script ueberhaupt compiles as you are using the 'FILTER' Command which is not supported on CR (and not on FF anymore either from v10.0.2 Beta for FF)....! :?

And I'm not sure either if '!TIMEOUT' is still (backward) supported by v10.0.x on CR, I thought a few deprecated Commands had been "cleaned" from v10.0.1 for CR... I'm not sure what happens btw, when using the Scripting Interface, with a Command (still) supported by the Scripting Interface, but not supported (anymore/yet) by the Add-on (Version) in the Browser, ah-ah...! :twisted: (Hum, I guess the Browser Add-on is "leading"..., it is the one that will have to execute the Command...)

But I expect the 'iimPlay()' in your Script not to do anything and your on-the-fly Macro to abort directly at the 'FILTER' Command... :wink:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...