PROMPT Dialog box size

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
daleybob

PROMPT Dialog box size

Post by daleybob » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:37 pm

When I use the PROMPT command everything works fine, however, the popup dialog is sized so that I have to drag it larger every time to be able to type my response and click OK. Is there a way to set the dialog box size?
chivracq

Re: PROMPT Dialog box size

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:18 pm

daleybob wrote:When I use the PROMPT command everything works fine, however, the popup dialog is sized so that I have to drag it larger every time to be able to type my response and click OK. Is there a way to set the dialog box size?
(F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Posting in the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, I "suspect" you'll probably be using iMacros for CR v10.0.2 Free/PE, that was one of my "Findings" as well for v10.0.2 Beta (until B_1440) for FF which is also built on the same Code like v10.0.2 for CR and the 'PROMPT' Command/Functionality is indeed a bit "badly" and "messily" implemented in my Opinion:
+ with only 4 mini-Lines of Display,
+ the Size does not adjust automatically to the Amount of Content like in previous Versions (for FF + v8.4.4 for CR),
+ Resize requires a Double Resize actually, both from the Outer "Window" and the Inner Display Field
+ and the New Size (+ the Position) do not get remembered and you have to repeat the same annoying Handling for every new 'PROMPT'...

+ I find the Display is a bit "ugly",
+ 'Esc' doesn't dismiss the 'PROMPT',
+ 'Spacebar" doesn't dismiss the 'PROMPT',
+ 'Enter' does dismiss the 'PROMPT' "sometimes" but not always, sometimes it doesn't work (which is usually not a "big deal" actually anyway if you've already been busy for 10 sec for the Double Resize, so you are already busy with the Mouse...!), (the early Builds of v10 Beta for FF didn't not respond to 'Enter' actually, so I'm completely sure it does work on CR...)
+ the 'PROMPT' is not Modal
+ and doesn't trigger any Visual Effect (Blinking) on the Browser Instance that triggered the 'PROMPT',
+ and all Instances (at least on WinOS, => Win10_x64 for me) all wear the same "extension://sdfewrwe45_whatever" Name, then you need another 30 sec to find out which Window has the 'PROMPT' in it if you have several Browser Instances open + iMacros Side Panel + a few Scripts opened in the Editor, ah-ah...!

+ One good Thing maybe, but I didn't try/test, is that a 'PROMPT' is now an 'HTML' "Window"/Browser Instance, which means that "maybe" some HTML Formatting might work on that Content (like <b><i><u><size><color>...etc...), if that works indeed, that could be nice... (But I didn't try...)
+ One more "semi-good Thing", is that because the 'PROMPT' is not Modal, you don't need to include a 'PAUSE' Statement in your Script if you intend to pause the Script depending on the Content of the 'PROMPT', that Script can be paused "in parallel" from the Side Panel before handling the 'PROMPT'.

(And I only tested with a 'Display' 'PROMPT' (and only on FF), not with an 'Input' 'PROMPT' like you, @OP, but I didn't find a way to resize the 'PROMPT' permanently...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...