Save page as PDF

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tom4Tom

Save page as PDF

Post by Tom4Tom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:34 pm

I am new to iMacros and Im trying to figure out how to save a page as a PDF.
Im on Windows 10
iMacros V12.0.501.6698
and I use primarily Chrome

I am writing scripts that automate data entry to web pages, and Id like to keep a record of each filled out page by saving the page to a pdf after the data is entered. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much!
chivracq

Re: Save page as PDF

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:35 pm

Tom4Tom wrote:I am new to iMacros and Im trying to figure out how to save a page as a PDF.

Code: Select all

Im on Windows 10
iMacros V12.0.501.6698
and I use primarily Chrome
I am writing scripts that automate data entry to web pages, and Id like to keep a record of each filled out page by saving the page to a pdf after the data is entered. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks so much!
Euh, save as '.PDF', nope, I don't think that's possible, iMacros can only automate "things" that the Browser (or the OS) can do "natively", unless you can find some Add-on for CR that can do that, but iMacros usually has "Difficulties" integrating/interacting with other Add-ons, maybe unless that Format can be set as "Default" for the Browser...

But if you save your Page as '.htm' or '.mht'/'.cpl', you can maybe/probably find a '.pdf' Viewer that could open and convert those Files to '.pdf', and maybe from a '.BAT' File if you want to convert several Files...

Still using the 'SAVEAS' Command, you can save Pages as Screenshot Images in '.BMP'/'.PNG'/'.JPEG' Format ("FCIM" btw concerning CR, read my Sig...), not all Formats are supported for all Browsers / iMacros Versions.
Same thing using the 'SCREENSHOT' Command which can save the (full/visible) Page/Window in '.png' (+ maybe some other Formats, I'm not sure...).
And for both you can probably still convert those Screenshots to '.pdf' if you prefer that Format...
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...