EVENT runs in the iMacro browser but not in chrome

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mathes@work

EVENT runs in the iMacro browser but not in chrome

Post by mathes@work » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:25 pm

Hello, i am testing iMacro in the 30 day free version and want to buy the Personal Edition.
I have a problem with this macro:

VERSION BUILD = 8970419 RECORDER = FX
' Insert text
FRAME F = 0
TAG POS = 1 TYPE = A ATTR = TXT: HTML
FRAME NAME = "v4-7txtEdit_ht"
EVENT TYPE = CLICK SELECTOR = "HTML> BODY" BUTTON = 0
EVENTS TYPE = KEYPRESS SELECTOR = "HTML> BODY" CHARS = "Test Text"

In the iMaco browser this macro runs, in Google Chrome there is this error message:

TypeError: Can not read property 'error' of undefined, line: 6

Unfortunately, the iMacro Browser is not included in the Personal Edition so I rely on Chrome.

Excuse the bad english, translate with google translator.

Best regards

mathes @ work

iMaco Browser Version V12.0.501.6698 Trial
Google Chrome Version 68.0.3440.75 german
win 10x64 german
mathes@work

Re: EVENT runs in the iMacro browser but not in chrome

Post by mathes@work » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Hello, I really have a problem with the code. It would be great if someone can help me.
chivracq

Re: EVENT runs in the iMacro browser but not in chrome

Post by chivracq » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:35 pm

mathes@work wrote:Hello, i am testing iMacro in the 30 day free version and want to buy the Personal Edition.
I have a problem with this macro:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD = 8970419 RECORDER = FX
' Insert text
FRAME F = 0
TAG POS = 1 TYPE = A ATTR = TXT: HTML
FRAME NAME = "v4-7txtEdit_ht"
EVENT TYPE = CLICK SELECTOR = "HTML> BODY" BUTTON = 0
EVENTS TYPE = KEYPRESS SELECTOR = "HTML> BODY" CHARS = "Test Text"
In the iMaco browser this macro runs, in Google Chrome there is this error message:

TypeError: Can not read property 'error' of undefined, line: 6
Unfortunately, the iMacro Browser is not included in the Personal Edition so I rely on Chrome.

Excuse the bad english, translate with google translator.

Best regards

mathes @ work

iMaco Browser Version V12.0.501.6698 Trial
Google Chrome Version 68.0.3440.75 german
win 10x64 german
mathes@work wrote:Hello, I really have a problem with the code. It would be great if someone can help me.
Ah, good...!, you've added your FCI to your OP, was not mentioned when I had first checked your Post... (Read my Sig...)
But your iMacros for CR Version is still missing...! And this is actually the most important part of your Config, ah-ah...!
Some new v10.0.3 Version got "silently" released 2 days ago, without any Announcement, still not mentioned in the Version History Page for CR in the Wiki but the "Release Notes" in the Google CR Webstore does mention some "vague" " * Events mode now fully supported." in the 'What's new' Section, so it looks like the 'EVENT' Mode underwent some Changes between v10.0.2 for CR and v10.0.3 for CR indeed...

The RuntimeError you mention makes me think of a Bug indeed...
If you haven't updated to v10.0.3 for CR yet and still have v10.0.2 for CR installed, I would say, test first in that Version before updating to v10.0.3.
But once updated to v10.0.3, you won't be able to revert back to v10.0.2 unless you make yourself some "manual" Copy of that Version from your CR Installation. (Google CR doesn't maintain any Add-on Gallery with previous Versions like Mozilla does with FF...)

But, hum..., a few Remarks:
- The Script you've posted is completely full of extra Spaces, coming from your Macro Editor or from your Browser I guess, (often happens with Systems in French or German indeed), you first need to make sure the Script you are "really" using doesn't contain all those extra Spaces, and post again your "real" (and corrected) Script...

- You don't post any URL..., tja...!, then it's not easy to try to reproduce your Pb..., especially as I see that your Page contains a Frame...
=> Post a Script that can run on some Public Site or on some of the Demo-Pages.

- And hum, would be nice if you could spell "iMacros" correctly..., it's not "iMacro" and even less "iMaco" [sic...!]... :shock:
Runtime Engines don't like Typos at all either, ah-ah...! :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...