Connecting to Chrome with VBScript

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
dwbinbhc

Connecting to Chrome with VBScript

Post by dwbinbhc » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:28 pm

I have iMacros Enterprise Edition v11 and need to control Chrome via Visual Basic Script.

I installed the Chrome extension and turned on access to file URLs in the extension settings. I then tried to run the sample script Connect-to-Cr.vbs. The Chrome browser starts, but iMacros never connects and I get a timeout error.

Any idea what I'm missing in my setup?

Thanks!
chivracq

Re: Connecting to Chrome with VBScript

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:18 pm

dwbinbhc wrote:I have iMacros Enterprise Edition v11 and need to control Chrome via Visual Basic Script.

I installed the Chrome extension and turned on access to file URLs in the extension settings. I then tried to run the sample script Connect-to-Cr.vbs. The Chrome browser starts, but iMacros never connects and I get a timeout error.

Any idea what I'm missing in my setup?

Thanks!
Hum, you could have opened this Thread in the 'Scripting Interface and Command Line' Sub-Forum (where this Thread will probably get moved...)
(No need to duplicate it though...)

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
"v11" is a bit "vague"...: => v11.0 / v11.1 / v11.5 for the Enterprise Edition...? (v11.5 was the "stable" Version in the v11.x Product Line...)
OS...?
iMacros for CR + CR Versions...? (+ if using v10.0.x for CR, mention as well 'Free'/'PE' Version...?, and if 'FIO' Module installed...?)

"timeout error" is a bit vague..., can't you post the exact Error...?

Script used...?
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...