Downloading Tables

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
ifchor

Downloading Tables

Post by ifchor » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:56 pm

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
Windows 10 PRO
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi, I may need your help guys please!
I have been trying to download some tables in a webpage. For that reason, I have been using this code:

SET! EXTRAT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=ID:CompGrid1 EXTRACT=TXT
SAVE AS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=XXXX

And It has been working fine with the other version so far. It was downloading the table in a CSV file, placing every value in a cell of excel.

Now, I am trying to use it with a new version and the file provides all the table in one cell... and cannot separate the values easily.

Any tips on this? Am I doing something wrong?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance and Best Regards!

Laura.
chivracq

Re: Downloading Tables

Post by chivracq » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:42 pm

ifchor wrote:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
Windows 10 PRO
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Hi, I may need your help guys please!
I have been trying to download some tables in a webpage. For that reason, I have been using this code:

SET! EXTRAT_TEST_POPUP NO
SAVE AS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=XXXX
And It has been working fine with the other version so far. It was downloading the table in a CSV file, placing every value in a cell of excel.

Now, I am trying to use it with a new version and the file provides all the table in one cell... and cannot separate the values easily.

Any tips on this? Am I doing something wrong?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance and Best Regards!

Laura.
Perfect for mentioning your FCI, but include as well that you are using the 'PE' Version... (or you wouldn't be able to use the 'SAVEAS' Command which is not supported in the 'Free' Version...).

OS Language not mentioned, and Excel Version + Language not mentioned either, and your "It has been working fine with the other version" is a bit vague if you don't mention what "other version" means exactly, but if your OS and Excel are not in English, it is possible that they "expect" as '.CSV' Separator not a Comma (',') but probably a Semi-Colon (';') while iMacros by Default uses the Comma as Separator, Option that you can set in Excel for opening '.CSV' Files...
Hum..., and good News looks like it...!, it looks like v10.0.5 for CR now supports the '!DATASOURCE_DELIMITER' Command, meaning you could set that Option directly from iMacros and from your Script before saving the '.CSV' and you then don't need to modify any Settings in Excel... :idea:

The 3 Line Script you've posted contains many Typos btw, 3 Typos in the 1st Line, and 1 Typo in the 3rd Line... :shock:
But without correcting your Typos, that would give stg like:

SET! EXTRAT_TEST_POPUP NO // => 3 Typos...!
SET !DATASOURCE_DELIMITER ;
SAVE AS TYPE=EXTRACT FOLDER=* FILE=XXXX // => 1 Typo...!
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...