Using EVENT mode for tinyMCE

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

Using EVENT mode for tinyMCE

Post by chivracq » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:40 pm

runawaymacros wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:54 pm
Is there any work around for this? I rely on this code to create a whole bunch of events but if it's not working then I am really out of luck. Here's my code:
URL GOTO=javascript:void(tinyMCE.activeEditor.setContent('content'));
FCIM:
  • ChromeVersion 72.0.3626.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Windows 10
  • iMacros Free (Chrome Plugin) v. 10.0.5
This worked for me for the last year without a hitch but has stopped working recently. I saw some comments from people about using the "EVENT" tag but I can't find any documentation or help on how to use that.

Thanks!
There is still some Fix Release for v10.0.5 for CR in "preparation" by Dev, I think, but its Release got a bit delayed this week I understood, because CR72 was "again" breaking some Functionality in v10.0.5 for CR and probably in the "New" Release also...

But hum, I think I had done some Testing a while ago for some other Thread, and I think I remember the 'EVENT' Mode was working "for me", on this 'tinyMCE' Editor, and I guess I had probably tested on v8.8.2 for FF + Pale Moon v26.3.3 + Win10_x64, but I would expect it to work also on "your" v10.0.5 for CR Environment...

>>>

EDIT (2019-02-19):
I didn't "create" this Thread, the User in my Quote "originated" it, and this Thread is a result of a Split from the original Thread/Post (where the follow-up Posts that landed "here" were indeed kind of polluting it a little bit)...:
- Re: URL GOTO=javascript:... not work after Chrome update to 71 version.
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
runawaymacros

Re: URL GOTO=javascript:... not work after Chrome update to 71 version.

Post by runawaymacros » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:09 am

Thanks for the update on the fix. Yeah, I tried recording a Macro with Chrome 71 and got nothing. One question I have. How would the script look like with the EVENT tag? I had a really tough time getting tinyMCE to work with iMacros so I was pretty disappointed and I had to comb through this forum to find the solution. I have not seen any solution with EVENT other than the mention that it's possible. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 am

runawaymacros wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:09 am
Thanks for the update on the fix. Yeah, I tried recording a Macro with Chrome 71 and got nothing. One question I have. How would the script look like with the EVENT tag? I had a really tough time getting tinyMCE to work with iMacros so I was pretty disappointed and I had to comb through this forum to find the solution. I have not seen any solution with EVENT other than the mention that it's possible. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
I don't remember honestly, check my Posts I would say, and I don't think I've ever posted more than 5 times about "tinyMCE", so it should be easy to find my "relevant" Posts... :idea:

But hum, not completely sure. but I think I remember the User was a bit "a pain in the ass" who didn't follow up and didn't answer my Qt's (probably me asking them to mention their FCI), so I did do my Testing as they had probably provided some URL, and it worked a bit directly for me (using the 'EVENT' Mode as I remember), and it's possible I didn't post my Script directly, waiting for them to post their FCI or reply to my Qt's (or maybe they had not followed up on some previous Thread(s) and I asked them to do so, which they probably didn't do, and the Thread got a bit forgotten...).
But it was all more than 1 year ago, I think...

Give more Info otherwise, with some Script and URL, then I can do some Testing (again), [did you read my Sig...!?], without any Script and no URL to test, I can only give some "generic" Answer, tja...! :roll:

And about "How would the script look like with the EVENT tag?" + "I have not seen any solution with EVENT other than the mention that it's possible."
=> Yeah, simply try by yourself, it's no "Sorcery"... Where do you think I get all my "Solutions" from...!? I simply try "things" by myself, until I find stg that will work, ah-ah...! :idea:

And yep indeed, it doesn't always "work" directly, but from what "works" and what "doesn't work" then I "understand" each time a little bit more about "the whole picture", and it slowly becomes each time easier to find a working Solution (as quick as possible)... :wink:

Apply my "Principle", and you'll see: Within 3 months you'll be as "Advanced" like me or even more, ah-ah...! 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
runawaymacros

Post by runawaymacros » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:29 pm

No worries, my script wouldn't really work because it's behind a logged in site and the only part that I am challenged by is the tinyMCE part (I don't expect you want to create an Eventbrite account just to start testing this). I'll scroll through your post history and see if I can piece things together. I did some digging and tried to find examples of using Javascript in the EVENT mode but couldn't find anything and I'm not exactly a pro at iMacros so I'll raise my hand when I can understand more. If all else fails, I'm going to insert a PAUSE and do some copy/pasting :)

Thanks for your help! I know it's not fun to get so many requests without much info, so I appreciate your time!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:49 pm

runawaymacros wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:29 pm
No worries, my script wouldn't really work because it's behind a logged in site and the only part that I am challenged by is the tinyMCE part (I don't expect you want to create an Eventbrite account just to start testing this). I'll scroll through your post history and see if I can piece things together. I did some digging and tried to find examples of using Javascript in the EVENT mode but couldn't find anything and I'm not exactly a pro at iMacros so I'll raise my hand when I can understand more. If all else fails, I'm going to insert a PAUSE and do some copy/pasting :)

Thanks for your help! I know it's not fun to get so many requests without much info, so I appreciate your time!
The 'EVENT' Mode is one of the (Recording) Modes in iMacros... Simply select it in the Record Options and record your Actions, just like the (Automatic) 'TAG' Mode... You don't need to be a "Pro at iMacros" to select a diffeent Recording Mode in the Options... :wink:
runawaymacros

Post by runawaymacros » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:13 pm

That was one of the first steps I tried. It recorded almost nothing, just the version and then the URL I went to. I tried clicking on different sections and entering text but nothing added anything to the script. I'll try again but I was chalking this up to Chrome 71 and iMacros not working well. I might try FF and see if I get any results.

Just tried FF and nothing is recording. Tried clicking on a few links and boxes from the Mozilla site and nothing but the first event (URL GOTO) got recorded.
runawaymacros

Post by runawaymacros » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm

Ha. Just tried again in Chrome and NOW it's actually recording something. Isn't it the way! (And yes, nothing changed, I didn't even close the browser window, weird!)