automatically opening links in emails (or not)

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
luca_cremonini

automatically opening links in emails (or not)

Post by luca_cremonini » Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 pm

Hello, I need help for what I thought a very simple task but apparently is not: I’m a freelancer and I frequently have to confirm my availability by clicking on a link in the emails coming from a certain domain and then selecting a certain option in the webpage. Since I live in a different country from my employers, these emails usually come at night, when I’m not able to confirm that I’m available even if I am.
Is there a simple way to do that – automatically clicking on the link upon the email’s reception the selecting the option –in Gmail or Outlook (and obviously to de-activate the thing when I’m really not available)?
I would prefer Chrome as a browser.

Thanks in advance.
chivracq

Re: automatically opening links in emails (or not)

Post by chivracq » Fri May 17, 2019 3:30 pm

luca_cremonini wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 pm
Hello, I need help for what I thought a very simple task but apparently is not: I’m a freelancer and I frequently have to confirm my availability by clicking on a link in the emails coming from a certain domain and then selecting a certain option in the webpage. Since I live in a different country from my employers, these emails usually come at night, when I’m not able to confirm that I’m available even if I am.
Is there a simple way to do that – automatically clicking on the link upon the email’s reception the selecting the option –in Gmail or Outlook (and obviously to de-activate the thing when I’m really not available)?
I would prefer Chrome as a browser.

Thanks in advance.
Hum..., you should have opened your Thread in the 'General' Sub-Forum, it has nothing specific to iMacros for CR only... (But no need to duplicate now...)

Well, "... a very simple task but apparently is not...", it is fairly simple in iMacros...! :D

But iMacros works in the Browser, so it won't work in 'Outlook' but it will work on 'gmail.com' in any of the 4 Browsers supported by iMacros, and therefore in CR.

Advanced User @iimfun had posted an "elegant" Solution using 'Negative XPATH' in the following Thread (that you could/should have found yourself btw, the Forum is also meant as a searchable Database of already posted Solutions...):
- Play Macro When Gmail receives an Email
That Thread is already 2 years old and Gmail may have "changed" quite a bit since, so you'll have to check if it still works directly or if you need to adapt that Script, but the Principle should remain the same...

Other Solution would be to use the "Basic HTML" Interface of 'gmail.com' and have your Script loop and refresh regularly your Inbox, and you have a Setting if you want to have Mails grouped or not in "Conversations" which might play a role but New Mails always get listed first...

If you use the 'Free' Version for CR (=> v10.0.5 currently), Looping is limited to 100x times, but if you loop your Macro, say, every 5 min for example, that would give you about 8h20min (8h = 96x Loops) to sleep...! :D
The Solution with 'Negative XPATH' on the "Standard" Gmail Interface will keep waiting until New Mails arrive and meet "the Criteria", and will only loop then once for each New Mail.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...