Freeware Auto-Repeatable Macro on Raspberry Pi

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
garyt977

Freeware Auto-Repeatable Macro on Raspberry Pi

Post by garyt977 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Hello! I apologize if this has been asked/answered, but I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I have a little Raspberry Pi/Chromium setup that I'm using to display radar weather. I was able to use the free Chrome/Chromium iMacros add on to create a macro that works really well, but the maps expire after about an hour, and then I have to run the macro again. Is there a way to set the macro to run every hour? I'm willing to upgrade to the full version if need be. Thanks!
Last edited by garyt977 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Freeware Auto-Repeatable Macro

Post by chivracq » Sun May 19, 2019 3:46 pm

garyt977 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:15 pm
Hello! I apologize if this has been asked/answered, but I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I have a little Raspberry Pi/Chromium setup that I'm using to display radar weather. I was able to use the free Chrome/Chromium iMacros add on to create a macro that works really well, but the maps expire after about an hour, and then I have to run the macro again. Is there a way to set the macro to run every hour? I'm willing to upgrade to the full version if need be. Thanks!
Would help when you open a Thread, if you could mention your FCI a bit more clearly, and with all exact Versions:
=> FCI:
iMacros for CR v10.0.5 'Free', CR74/75...?, Raspberry PI/Chrominum
Hum, interesting, you are the first User using iMacros on a Raspberry PI... 8)

But to answer you Qt, well then simply loop your Macro every 1h with a 'WAIT' Statement, I would think... :idea:
With the 'Free' Version, you can still loop it 100x times, that's already good enough for 4 Days...! 8)

I don't think you'd be able to install the 'FIO'-Module on Chromium (needed to get Local File-Access and to "upgrade" to the 'PE' Version to unlock the Limitations from the 'Free' Version) as the FIO-Module (Setup) is an '.EXE' that only works on Win_x32/x64 OS, and writes/reads Entries from the Win-Registry. MacOS and Linux are not even supported (yet)...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:32 pm

garyt977 wrote:
I have a little Raspberry Pi/Chromium setup that I'm using to display radar weather.
I was able to use the free Chrome/Chromium iMacros add on to create a macro that works really well ...
Example is very helpful. :wink:
garyt977 wrote:
..., but the maps expire after about an hour, and then I have to run the macro again.
Enough loops and sleep command for 1 hour. But other better solutions are possible.
garyt977 wrote:
Is there a way to set the macro to run every hour? I'm willing to upgrade to the full version if need be.
Your system has already cronjobs (crontab) if installed with linux (e.g. raspbian). And I think you can use it with your browser + imacros.
chivracq wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:46 pm
Sure but it's no problem with my Raspberry PI. Not my first choice but okay. Newest generations are powerful! :!:
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:22 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:32 pm
garyt977 wrote:
I have a little Raspberry Pi/Chromium setup that I'm using to display radar weather.
I was able to use the free Chrome/Chromium iMacros add on to create a macro that works really well ...
Example is very helpful. :wink:
garyt977 wrote:
..., but the maps expire after about an hour, and then I have to run the macro again.
Enough loops and sleep command for 1 hour. But other better solutions are possible.
garyt977 wrote:
Is there a way to set the macro to run every hour? I'm willing to upgrade to the full version if need be.
Your system has already cronjobs (crontab) if installed with linux (e.g. raspbian). And I think you can use it with your browser + imacros.
chivracq wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:46 pm
Sure but it's no problem with my Raspberry PI. Not my first choice but okay. Newest generations are powerful! :!:
Yep..., slowly getting a bit "fed up" with all those first time Posters who post once and never follow up on their Thread(s)... And it's even worse on SOF... :roll:
Pity because this Scenario sounded a bit interesting..., and that was even before the Raspberry PI-4 got released, last week I think... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:55 pm

chivracq wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:22 pm
Pity because this Scenario sounded a bit interesting..., and that was even before the Raspberry PI-4 got released, last week I think... 8)
It's only linux (arm), nothing else. What PI-4 is here? My PI-3 is old. :cry:
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
garyt977

Post by garyt977 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:29 pm

My apologies for not following up, as the advice I had received worked really well. The initial site I was using crashed pretty frequently, but that wasn't iMacros fault. I'm pretty sure it was just trying to run a complex page on a Pi 3B. Perhaps not enough memory. I may give it a try on a Pi 4B, but in the meantime I switched over to the National Weather Service site. Not as pretty, but it rarely crashes the Pi. Thanks again for the advice!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:32 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:55 pm
chivracq wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:22 pm
It's only linux (arm), nothing else. What PI-4 is here? My PI-3 is old. :cry:
New Raspberry-PI-4: :wink:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/ra ... 4-model-b/
https://www.zdnet.com/article/what-is-t ... -computer/
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:39 pm

garyt977 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:29 pm
My apologies for not following up, as the advice I had received worked really well. The initial site I was using crashed pretty frequently, but that wasn't iMacros fault. I'm pretty sure it was just trying to run a complex page on a Pi 3B. Perhaps not enough memory. I may give it a try on a Pi 4B, but in the meantime I switched over to the National Weather Service site. Not as pretty, but it rarely crashes the Pi. Thanks again for the advice!
Ah OK..., I withdraw "my slowly getting fed-up by first time Posters who never follow up..." for you then, ah-ah...! :P

For your original Site, try using their Mobile Version of their Site, or changing your UA, which also is possible directly from an iMacros Script... :idea:
garyt977

Post by garyt977 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:46 pm

Thanks! I might give it a try, but the NWS works really well. It's basically just a monitor mounted on the wall with the Pi behind it. My own little radar system, lol. Neat to have in Florida, the Rainshine state.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:29 am

garyt977 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:46 pm
Thanks! I might give it a try, but the NWS works really well. It's basically just a monitor mounted on the wall with the Pi behind it. My own little radar system, lol. Neat to have in Florida, the Rainshine state.
Post your Script also, would be "nice"..., for other other Users and maybe also Advanced Users like me or @thecoder2012 will give it a try (and chances are we''ll "improve" your Script also), and hum, iMacros running on a R-PI is a cool Idea honestly... Launch the Trend, I would say... 8)
garyt977

Post by garyt977 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:56 am

The original script for the other radar was more complex. This script is exceedingly simple for this site:

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/southeast_loop.php
WAIT SECONDS=1200

I have two windows. The local one refreshes automatically, and the region one has the script, set to loop 99 times.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:47 am

garyt977 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:56 am
The original script for the other radar was more complex. This script is exceedingly simple for this site:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=https://radar.weather.gov/Conus/southeast_loop.php
WAIT SECONDS=1200
I have two windows. The local one refreshes automatically, and the region one has the script, set to loop 99 times.
Hum..., indeed...!, and I like the "exceedingly" and its self contained kind of "Humour", ah-ah...!

At @garyt877, if you "behave" a bit nicely and contribute a bit "positively" to the Forum (with a few "interesting" R-PI + iMacros Scripts of course), I might have 3 Workarounds for your 'Loop=99', if you ever want/need to go "exploring" beyond that "Limit"... :wink:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:16 am

At @OP, any chance you could edit your Thread Title (the Title of your very first Post in this Thread) to mention "Raspberry-PI" in it...?
=> Stg like: "Auto-Repeatable Macro on Raspberry-PI"

I can get it done through the Forum Admin, but it's "easier" (=quicker) if you are reactive and do it yourself... 8)

Your Thread on this Forum is a bit "Interesting" as it is the first one about R-PI, and hum..., you get me interested actually, I don't really have the Money for one, shit-shit...!, about 100E Investment I think, 55$ for R-PI-4 with 4Gb-RAM, Display is now through mini-HDMI, I don't have any Cables, + will need some Connectors to HDMI and to VGA..., but shit, I already have more than 100 Ideas for "possible" Applications, oh-oh..., I'll soon be naughty again, oops...! :oops: :twisted:
garyt977

Post by garyt977 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:49 am

The Pi life can certainly be addictive, lol. I have a RetroPi in addition to the little weather machine. I work at Disney World, and we have a Cast only place called Cast Connection, where upgraded/replaced machines are sold on the cheap. I got the monitor for my weather machine for $1 there. :) My next Pi project will be a Pi4 that will go in a Commodore 64 case.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:00 am

garyt977 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:49 am
The Pi life can certainly be addictive, lol. I have a RetroPi in addition to the little weather machine. I work at Disney World, and we have a Cast only place called Cast Connection, where upgraded/replaced machines are sold on the cheap. I got the monitor for my weather machine for $1 there. :) My next Pi project will be a Pi4 that will go in a Commodore 64 case.
Yeah OK, but you "missed" the part where I asked you if you could mention "Raspberry-PI" in the Thread Title for this Thread... OK, never mind, I ask the Forum Admin... (I can't do it myself...)