need help for iMacros code for dynamic pos change

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
EW123

need help for iMacros code for dynamic pos change

Post by EW123 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:56 am

hi,

Code: Select all

i'm usign chrome Version 75 on win10 with iMacros free extension and VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR...
i am new to imacros...
and i need help for iMacros code to request first 25 “answer request” from the writer on Quora

I have tried to record the imacros to request an answer from the writer but I think it's dynamically changing the pos and values...

so, looking for a way to do this..

here is the code that I have recorded

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
TAG POS=12 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=2 TYPE=PATH ATTR=STROKE-LINECAP:round&&TXT:
TAG POS=3 TYPE=CIRCLE ATTR=CX:12&&CY:12&&R:9&&TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wx4nZclL125_button
TAG POS=23 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=25 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wx4nZclL134_button
TAG POS=29 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=31 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wOt2sXY49_button
TAG POS=35 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:__w2_wJ28TPOd2_list_item
TAG POS=37 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wDJBb2oM9_button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wx4nZclL2_submit
Last edited by EW123 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
chivracq

Re: need help for iMacros code for dynamic pos change

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:37 am

EW123 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:56 am
hi,
i'm usign

chrome Version 75 on win10 with iMacros free extension...
i am new to imacros...
and i need help for iMacros code to request first 25 “answer request” from the writer on Quora

I have tried to record the imacros to request an answer from the writer but I think it's dynamically changing the pos and values...

so, looking for a way to do this...

here is the code that I have recorded

TAG POS=12 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=2 TYPE=PATH ATTR=STROKE-LINECAP:round&&TXT:
TAG POS=3 TYPE=CIRCLE ATTR=CX:12&&CY:12&&R:9&&TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wx4nZclL125_button
TAG POS=23 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=25 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wx4nZclL134_button
TAG POS=29 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=31 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wOt2sXY49_button
TAG POS=35 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:__w2_wJ28TPOd2_list_item
TAG POS=37 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wDJBb2oM9_button
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:__w2_wx4nZclL2_submit
Pfff, a bit of Detective Work...! :roll:
=> FCI:

iMacros for CR v10.0.5 'Free', CR75, Win10.
OK, now (that I've got your FCI), I can read the rest of your Post... 8)

But hum, no URL posted, then I can't have a look at your Script on your Site and I don't really understand your "i need help for iMacros code to request first 25 “answer request” from the writer on Quora", I don't understand "Quora" + "writer" + "answer request" and any (logical) Combination between those 3 Terms... :? (=> If you care to explain...?, I won't follow up otherwise... (unless I can understand myself on the Site if you post the URL...) :idea: )
Is probably related to your Site, not much I or any other Advanced User can do without knowing or having a Look at your Site..., think a bit logically when you ask a Qt or ask for Help on a Tech Forum, I would think... :roll:
(But mini-Compliment anyway for mentioning your FCI, even if I had to play a bit "Super-Detective", good-good though...! :D )

And hum, not completely sure what you want to do, but to manage your "Expectations", I don't help for Social Media nor Forums and auto-Posting on Forums... (But I still don't know what your "Quora" is...?, if you care to explain...? => with a full Script with URL...? :roll: )

But yep, I see a lot of "high" 'POS=n' with "POS=23" or "POS=25", and also a lot of "POS=1" + Dynamic ID, => then, yep..., classical..., tja...! => Many Threads on the Forum about "Dynamic ID" if you don't want or can't post the URL to your Site... :idea:
+ "high" = "Not Good"...! => Try to lower those "high" 'POS=n', => either using "other" Attributes or 'R-POS' ('Relative Positioning')... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
EW123

Post by EW123 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:40 am

chivracq wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:37 am
if you care to explain...? => with a full Script with URL...? :roll: )
Quora.com is not my site, it's a Question answer social media site... and I'm an active writer there...

if you(or any) is not familiar with the site let me tell you what I exactly need to do to save my time.

there is one feature on site that, one can request other writers to share their views on a particular question and have a discussion for that question... and at a time one can request 25 people/writer to answer a particular question...

But it tedious work to request 25 people one by one... so want to create a script to automate my work and save some time...

here is the ss, for cleary more.

alternative link : https://prnt.sc/obaczu and https://prnt.sc/obacyt

as shown in the image I want to click that + sign one by one for 25 times... but its value getting change dynamically every time...
So, looking for a solution for that

Hope it clears the things.
Last edited by EW123 on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:07 pm

EW123 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:40 am
chivracq wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:37 am
if you care to explain...? => with a full Script with URL...? :roll: )
Quora.com is not my site, it's a Question answer social media site... and I'm an active writer there...

if you(or any) is not familiar with the site let me tell you what I exactly need to do to save my time.

there is one feature on site that, one can request other writers to share their views on a particular question and have a discussion for that question... and at a time one can request 25 people/writer to answer a particular question...

But it tedious work to request 25 people one by one... so want to create a script to automate my work and save some time...

here is the ss, for cleary more.

as shown in the image I want to click that + sign one by one for 25 times... but its value getting change dynamically every time...
So, looking for a solution for that

Hope it clears the things.
Oh, grrr...!, if you could upload your Printscreens directly to the Forum...?, rather than using some external Hosting Provider that one day will probably go dark or commercial, and your Screenshots will then "disappear" from the Thread, rendering it nearly impossible to follow for other Users... (Max 256Kb on our Forum...)

But otherwise, I was going to tell you to use 'Relative Positioning' with the Icon/Avatar of each User as the (first) 'Anchor'..., => for the 'SVG' Image '+' Button and then for the corresponding Link... :idea:
That's probably "the" way to go, I would think...

And you can either hard-code 25 Blocks for the 25 Users you want to add, or you can loop your Script on one User and one Block of Code with the Loop on the 'POS=n'. And that 2nd Option will actually be your "forced" Choice as you are using the 'Free' Version, as you won't be able to squeeze 25 Block of at least 3 Lines in the 50 Line Code Limit for the 'Free' Version... :|

>>>

And your FCI is missing from your parallel Thread on SOF, I "normally" don't help if you don't maintain the same "Quality" on all Forums...:
- need help for imacros code to request first 25 “answer request” from writer on quora
(No Replies yet...)

EDIT:
Reformulated my "Oh, grrr...!, if you can upload your Printscreens directly to the Forum, ..." into "Oh, grrr...!, if you could upload your Printscreens directly to the Forum...?, ..."
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
EW123

Post by EW123 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:31 pm

chivracq wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:07 pm
Oh, grrr...!, if you can upload your Printscreens directly to the Forum, rather than using some external Hosting Provider that one day will probably go dark or commercial, and your Screenshots will then "disappear" from the Thread, rendering it nearly impossible to follow for other Users... (Max 256Kb on our Forum...)

But otherwise, I was going to tell you to use 'Relative Positioning' with the Icon/Avatar of each User as the (first) 'Anchor'..., => for the 'SVG' Image '+' Button and then for the corresponding Link... :idea:
That's probably "the" way to go, I would think...

And you can either hard-code 25 Blocks for the 25 Users you want to add, or you can loop your Script on one User and one Block of Code with the Loop on the 'POS=n'. And that 2nd Option will actually be your "forced" Choice as you are using the 'Free' Version, as you won't be able to squeeze 25 Block of at least 3 Lines in the 50 Line Code Limit for the 'Free' Version... :|

>>>

And your FCI is missing from your parallel Thread on SOF, I "normally" don't help if you don't maintain the same "Quality" on all Forums...:
- need help for imacros code to request first 25 “answer request” from writer on quora
(No Replies yet...)
can you give some example... I am a noob in Imacros... just starting out...
it would be a great help
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:41 pm

EW123 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:31 pm
can you give some example... I am a noob in Imacros... just starting out...
it would be a great help
Yeah, well, Communication doesn't only go one way... :idea:
=> I've reformulated my "Oh, grrr...!, if you can upload your Printscreens directly to the Forum, ..." into "Oh, grrr...!, if you could upload your Printscreens directly to the Forum...?, ..." in my previous Post...
=> Can you comply with that Request...?, to prevent your Screenshots to disappear one day from your Thread..., which would render it pretty much useless for other Users... (Just like you'll be expected to share your Final/Working Script...) (And your both Screenshots are <256Kb, so they both qualify perfectly, you don't even need to lower their Resolution/Size...)

+ I've also mentioned that your FCI is missing on SOF, you didn't "react" to that either... (+ Maybe "useful" for you if you also posted your Screenshots on SOF, you might get more Answers there..., (and your Screenshots on 'imgur' would then get a "2nd Life", ah-ah...! 8) ), but OK, it's just "an Idea" for you, I don't care about that...)

And then, tja...!, 'Relative Positioning' + 'Anchor' are perfectly documented in the Wiki, and with Examples... The Documentation is also meant for Noobs/Newbies, or especially meant for Noobs/Newbies actually, I would think... + Many Examples on the Forum also, of course... :idea:
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:32 pm

chivracq wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:41 pm
And then, tja...!, 'Relative Positioning' + 'Anchor' are perfectly documented in the Wiki, and with Examples... The Documentation is also meant for Noobs/Newbies, or especially meant for Noobs/Newbies actually, I would think... + Many Examples on the Forum also, of course... :idea:
Links! :evil:
You make the searchfunction in this forum unusable in the near future with your very long posts without links (doku/wiki, examples, other threads) :wink:
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:00 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:32 pm
chivracq wrote:
Links! :evil:
You make the searchfunction in this forum unusable in the near future with your very long posts without links (doku/wiki, examples, other threads) :wink:
Meant as a Joke I guess... :|
But nope, I only post Links when they are a bit difficult to find, too bad if Users can't type 3 Words in the Searchbox for the Wiki or the Forum, at least I give them the "correct" Keywords to use, and in the end, this current Thread should also become "useful" for other Users searching the Forum, once @OP will have found the/a Solution and posted their Final Script... 8)

And furthermore, the only 3 "relevant" Terms in the Thread Title => "dynamic+pos[ition]+change" should already have led @OP to Threads about 'R-POS' if they had searched the Forum a bit using those Keywords... :idea:
EW123

Post by EW123 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 am

chivracq wrote:
I have updated the FCI and image info :) let me know i you like to add more info, i'll do that too

i have tried the Relative pos + anchor method found on this forum as well on the wiki and other places of the net... but non of them is working... or must be i'm making the mistake...

TAG POS=R1 Type=SVG ATTR="width:*px && height:*px && version=1.1"
i have also tried to imageclick function but found out its was not the image rather the svg icon made through css... so can't able to do that...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:10 am

EW123 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 am
chivracq wrote:
I have updated the FCI and image info :) let me know i you like to add more info, i'll do that too

i have tried the Relative pos + anchor method found on this forum as well on the wiki and other places of the net... but non of them is working... or must be i'm making the mistake...

TAG POS=R1 Type=SVG ATTR="width:*px && height:*px && version=1.1"
i have also tried to imageclick function but found out its was not the image rather the svg icon made through css... so can't able to do that...
Yeah OK for your FCI "here" on our Forum, but I meant on SOF (Stackoverflow) (oh, where your Bump has disappeared...), and Image Info, pff, this 'prnt.sc' Site is also an external Hosting Site, (I couldn't load any of the 2 Links after waiting more than 30 Sec btw), same "Story" like 'imgur'... What I meant was uploading your Screenshots directly to the Forum, without using any external Site...
But OK, forget about it if it's so complicated, I'm a bit "losing interest" in your Thread anyway, ask a Friend or one of your 25 Readers or Writers to read the Wiki for you, hopefully one of the 25 will understand it... :P

I don't know what you write on your 'Quora' Site, but a Technical Forum is about Language and using very precise Language... :wink:
And I'm now talking about "the Programming Language" like this current Forum is a bit about, then if you put an extra Space or don't use a CapiTal LetteR where needed then all you get in return when you try to run your Code is a Syntax Error or Runtime Error... :idea:

But for 'R-POS', simply this one, I would think...:

TAG POS=R1 TYPE=SVG ATTR=TXT:
But of course, you need an Anchor...! 'TAG POS=R1' is always Relative to the previous 'TAG POS' Statement in your Script..., and it can be a 'POS=n' or a 'POS=Rn', but there need to be a 'POS=n' as a Starting Point somewhere...

Just like "take the 1st street on the right after the tunnel"..., I miss the "after the tunnel" in your Code...
'TAG POS=n' is like giving an Address.
'TAG POS=Rn' is like giving a Direction => Start from Point A, go straight, take the 3rd exit at the Roundabout, keep going for 200m, then take the 1st Street on the left, etc...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:37 am

OK, don't worry anymore about the Screenshots, here they are, uploaded to the Forum...:

Quora1.png
Quora2.png
EW123

Post by EW123 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:02 am

chivracq wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:37 am
Okay, thanks...

and I have now made little progressed in the code...

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=ID:__*_*_label&&TXT:Request<SP>ANSWERS
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=ID:__*_*_icon
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=R2 TYPE=CIRCLE ATTR=CX:12
getting this error : RuntimeError: element CIRCLE specified by CX:12 was not found, line: 5

can you tell me by looking above image what should i pass as ATTR value ?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:05 am

EW123 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:02 am
Okay, thanks...

and I have now made little progressed in the code...

WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=R2 TYPE=CIRCLE ATTR=CX:12
getting this error : RuntimeError: element CIRCLE specified by CX:12 was not found, line: 5

can you tell me by looking above image what should i pass as ATTR value ?
It looks to me like it's the only 'CIRCLE' Element...:

WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=CIRCLE ATTR=*
=> 'TAG POS=R1' for the 'CIRCLE' should be good enough I would think..., or try indeed with 'POS=R2' / 'POS=R3' etc...
EW123

Post by EW123 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:15 am

chivracq wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:05 am

It looks to me like it's the only 'CIRCLE' Element...:

WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=CIRCLE ATTR=*
=> 'TAG POS=R1' for the 'CIRCLE' should be good enough I would think..., or try indeed with 'POS=R2' / 'POS=R3' etc...
tried different relative pos but every time I'm getting either circle element (or whatever element i have specified like span,svg,g,path...) is not found
element CIRCLE specified by * was not found

ps. can i provide id pass of site so u can look at the issue?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:27 am

EW123 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:15 am
tried different relative pos but every time I'm getting either circle element (or whatever element i have specified like span,svg,g,path...) is not found
element CIRCLE specified by * was not found

ps. can i provide id pass of site so u can look at the issue?
Yep..., sure if I can have a look myself, that will "speed up the Process", for sure...!

You can "report" my Post (the '!' Button next to 'Quote'), then I'm the only who can see your Report...
And give me exact Instructions and Steps to follow to come to the "right" Screen...
Oh...!, and the URL to the Site of course...!