Start iMacro "B" after completion of iMacro "A" with Play Loop = 1

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sebaa

Start iMacro "B" after completion of iMacro "A" with Play Loop = 1

Post by sebaa » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Hello everyone and especially chivracq who is always present!

Me again!

I was investigating a few days ago how to start a second iMacro "B" after the iMacro "A" has finished.

I found solutions in .JS but all are for Firefox and others, since CHROME does not support .JS

I would like to know if there is a way to achieve this in chrome:

Code: Select all

Start iMacro "A".
iMacro "A" ends.
automatically using a code inside the iMacro "A"
Start iMacro "B".
What I want to achieve an automatic operation of 1 or several iMacros without the need for physical presence and to continue just by clicking.
"Play Loop = 1"

I read something about creating a .BAT but I couldn't understand if it could work or not.

If creating the .BAT file is the solution, is this solution the only one?
Is the best?
Is it the most neat?
Are there other ways?

THANKS FOR READ ME AND ANSWER!
  • Windows 10 x64
    Chrome: v77
    iMacros: 10.0.2 'Free'
Last edited by sebaa on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: Start iMacro "B" after completion of iMacro "A" with Play Loop = 1

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:13 am

sebaa wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:25 pm
Hello everyone and especially chivracq who is always present!

Me again!

I was investigating a few days ago how to start a second iMacro "B" after the iMacro "A" has finished.

I found solutions in .JS but all are for Firefox and others, since CHROME does not support .JS

I would like to know if there is a way to achieve this in chrome:

Start iMacro "A".
iMacro "A" ends.
automatically using a code inside the iMacro "A"
Start iMacro "B".
What I want to achieve an automatic operation of 1 or several iMacros without the need for physical presence and to continue just by clicking.
"Play Loop = 1"

I read something about creating a .BAT but I couldn't understand if it could work or not.

If creating the .BAT file is the solution, is this solution the only one?
Is the best?
Is it the most neat?
Are there other ways?

THANKS FOR READ ME AND ANSWER!
  • Code: Select all

Windows 10 x64
    Chrome: v77
    iMacros: 10.0.5 'Free'

Oh yeah, yep indeed, the Qt I had been expected for about 1 year actually...! :shock:
Hum, I'm nearly surprised that Qt didn't come earlier actually to be honest... :o

Then, pffffffffffffffffffffffff........................!, Answer is not "easy", re-pfff....!!

OK, sorry, last "Pfffffffffffffffffff" from me, ah-ah...!, there are several "Solutions" I know of/can think of, but they are all pretty cumbersome... :oops:

Oh sorry, Friend visiting was supposed to go sleeping but is back for a "last" Cig/Talk...! 8) :D
=> Quick Answer: :wink:
Embedded Script in Base64 or JS + ''EventListener' in the HTML Page (works also/is also the Solution for using a '.BAT' File) or Button or Link, I would think..., several Threads on the Forum already, but pfff, not very-very easy, ah-ah...! You must be desperate to use that Version, ah-ah...!! :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:28 am

chivracq wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:13 am
You must be desperate to use that Version, ah-ah...!! :wink:

Shit, sorry, but that's a very good Statement actually...! :P

1- I don't understand why anybody in this World uses Chrome, and especially landing onto this Forum which is a Tech Forum, this Browser completely sucks, it is only meant for "the Gd-Pas + Gd-Mas + Sexy Blonds Mass-Users" ... :roll:
OK, and maybe it's OK for "normal" Users who are just doing some "personal" Surfing..., but not for "Advanced" Users...
And Users using iMacros on this Browser are already "a bit Advanced", whether they use the 'Free' or 'PE' Version of iMacros...

2- CR + iMacros for CR, 'Free' or even 'PE' is pfff..., very limited, compared to v8.9.7 for FF that still works in several "modern" and updated Browsers...
Current Version for CR (=> v10.0.5), is OK for some simple Click-Clik-Click Script, but that's it, any further Functionality is Workaround on Workaround, and I'm talking about the 'PE' Version, it's even worse for the 'Free' Version...

3- A bit like '2-' but about iMacros v10.0.2 for FF: => More or less the same Statement, and v10.0.2 for FF is even more limited than v10.0.5 for CR, 'EVENT' Mode for example not even supported anymore on FF...

I'm personally Advanced enough to find Workarounds for anything I would want to do if I was using any of those Versions, but I don't think it's my "Role" to disclose Workaround on Workaround or Hack on Hack... :roll:
If the Software is (now) so Limited, and by Design apparently :shock: , my Advice is either you dig into it like I did to keep using it 8) , or you move to some Alternative... :idea:
(And when I say "dig", that means I will only only help Users who already did "their Homework" and really get stuck somewhere, ah-ah...!)

And "Alternative" means either some other Software/Add-on than iMacros..., fair enough...! (and they exist...!, iMacros is not the only "Tool" doing Web-Automation, ah-ah...! :P ), but also iMacros itself...: :idea:
=> iMacros v8.9.7 for FF, (best Version ever...! :D ), still works on FF55 + Pale Moon v28 + WaterFox v56 + Basilisk v2019-09-x, and all those Browsers are still getting regularly updated with Security Updates etc... and are completely "current"... (Except FF55 of course...!)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Yep indeed, a few hours later, so I had some time a bit to think "further" (a bit), and pfff..., yep-yep-yep, I stand by my "Opinion/Decision", that it's a bit useless to try to help Users with Workaround on Workaround, or (Unsupported) Trick on (Unsupported) Trick, the v10.0.x Versions for CR and FF are only meant for doing some "simple" 'Click-Click-Click' on a Web-Page, and that's it I'm afraid... (OK, fair enough, why not...!? 8) )

v10.0.2 for FF for "example" is such "a pale Version" of what it used to be" in v8.9.7 (for FF), that it has become a bit of a "Joke"...(for "serious" Users who've been using iMacros for several years), Tja, sorry...! :?

And I don't know if it's "by Design" or if the Developer is 'incompetent", => so awaiting some "Statement" from "the Company" (I've been asking for a "Development Roadmap" for quite a while already), I let the Users/Customers decide...
And "Developer incompetent" => Of course not, I don't really believe it, I don't know how "big" the @Dev Dept is, I suspect only 1 Dev, who's able to force Development onto CR and iMB now, I guess FF and IE are deliberately "left behind" by Choice...

=> ... Which I think is a stupid Decision, as CR as a Browser will soon fall from its "Throne" when "one day" Users will realize they can't go to the toilet without Google knowing it and analyzing from the "Time", if they went for a shit/pee/wank..., until IoT has integrated "everything" with 5G, and "Time" will then just be one "Input Data"... :shock: :shock: :shock:

But OK, what I wanted to say, is that I stop trying to help Users in such "helpless" Scenarios... :roll: (At least for "New Users", as all those "Workarounds" are way too complicated for them...)
OK for some easy Click-Click and using 3 Vars, otherwise... => Use v8.9.7 for FF with one of the "modern" Browsers forked on FF and that didn't adopt the stupid WebExtensions Architecture... :idea:

=> @OP, hopefully you understood what I had mentioned in my 1st Reply about several possible Solutions..., or you area bit on your own, unless some other Advanced Users(s) (or TechSup maybe), which I doubt quite a bit (for both), might "jump" into this Thread with some super-easy Solution... :twisted:
sebaa

Post by sebaa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:47 pm

Good morning chivracq!

I see that it is very complicated to do this for what you told me.

I know there are other automation programs, but I didn't find any that is like iMacros, it's simple to learn and many things can be done.

An alternative that occurs to me is this but I don't know if it can be done ...

Loop a part of the code 10 times and after this a WAIT of for example 2 hours is executed and that at the end it starts again the Loop of the code 10 times.

Like this

LOOP = 10 times this code and later execute wait
{ 
CODE
}
'After 10 times of this code...
WAIT = 2 HOURS

I know that in FF it can be done with .JS for everything I was reading.

Can this be done in Chrome??

---> Other

Can this solution work?

From what I understood the person used "EVAL" to generate an automatic loop when starting iMacros from the task scheduler, and it is something I want to achieve. Run the code 10 times and then run again in 1-2 hours without me having to be aware of setting it up and starting it

viewtopic.php?t=29712

Thanks you for all your time!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:33 pm

sebaa wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:47 pm
Good morning chivracq!

I see that it is very complicated to do this for what you told me.

I know there are other automation programs, but I didn't find any that is like iMacros, it's simple to learn and many things can be done.

An alternative that occurs to me is this but I don't know if it can be done ...

Loop a part of the code 10 times and after this a WAIT of for example 2 hours is executed and that at the end it starts again the Loop of the code 10 times.

Like this

LOOP = 10 times this code and later execute wait
{ 
CODE
}
'After 10 times of this code...
WAIT = 2 HOURS

I know that in FF it can be done with .JS for everything I was reading.

Can this be done in Chrome??

---> Other

Can this solution work?

From what I understood the person used "EVAL" to generate an automatic loop when starting iMacros from the task scheduler, and it is something I want to achieve. Run the code 10 times and then run again in 1-2 hours without me having to be aware of setting it up and starting it

viewtopic.php?t=29712

Thanks you for all your time!

Yeah, the Syntax in the Thread you refer to (=> "imacros://run/?m=") is the Syntax to use in a '.BAT' File to start a Macro from the Task Scheduler for example or to launch a 2nd Macro at the end of a 1st one from 'URL GOTO' to start, but this Syntax doesn't work anymore in v10.0.x for CR/FF, that's "the Problem"...!

And without re-reading this complete Thread, yep what you want is a simple "Conditional 'WAIT'" that can easily be done with 'EVAL()' indeed, and in that Thread the User was doing "stg" every 40 Loops.

>>>

But hum, some other "Solution" I thought of, about starting a Macro B from or after a Macro A, could be to do both Launches from an "external" Tool/Script, like 'AutoIT' or 'AHK' for example, a bit like this User was doing in this Thread...

>>>

And about your original Qt and the different "Options" I mentioned, I just noticed 2 Threads related to that "part" that I saw in my Bookmarks while looking for the previous Link..., if you didn't find them yourself already...:
- How to run a macro from the command line using Chrome
- Launch imacros from terminal using imacros://run/?m=

But, pfff..., "good luck with that"...!, that's pretty cumbersome in my Opinion, and I think those 2 Threads were never "completely" finished with a "clear" Solution, I guess the different Users involved in those 2 Threads probably gave up in the end and either moved to some other Tool or switched to v8.9.7 for FF in a different Browser that supports that Version...
Last edited by chivracq on Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sebaa

Post by sebaa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:58 pm

I try to find the simplest solution, if it is very complicated I prefer to look for another alternative since I do not have the knowledge and time to develop something that is very complicated.

I had already reviewed those chrome posts but I see it very complicated, I don't understand.

On the other hand I was looking for many of your old posts and answers.

-->

I understood well?

To create a loop in the code that is repeated 10 times and then stops 1-2 hours do I have to use "EVAL"?

Is that so? Does it work in Chrome?

I want the script to work every 1-2 hours and to repeat the loop with the code 10 times. Without having to put in "Play Loop = 10" my goal is to simply click on "Play Loop = 1" and the program works all day, every 1-2 hours the code works 10 times and stops.

I wrote several times to be clear.

Using EVAL will I be able to do this in CHROME?

---

Thanks for the AutoIT alternative it looks interesting!

Both solutions are correct and can you achieve the goal you want?

I hope to be clear and that you can understand what I want to achieve, thanks for your time and your answers always!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Yeah-yeah, the Conditional 'WAIT' with 'EVAL()' will work in all Versions...
You already have an Example with 'Modulo[40]', you simply change the "40" into "10" for you...
And if you loop your Script 100 times, (Limit for the 'Free' Version), that's good for about 20 hours non-stop... 8)

Oh...!, and mini-"Trick" as you are using the 'Free' Version, if you want to "spare" 1 Line of Code (Limit = 50 Lines for 'Free' also...), and 1 Var (Limit = 3), I think you can use 'EVAL()' directly in the 'WAIT' Command, you don't need to use a Temp Var. I've never tried but I think it works... :idea:
I usually consider using 'EVAL()' directly in other Commands not a "really" Good Practice as it doesn't really help for the Readability of the Script, but 'WAIT' is a "short" Command, then OK, why not in this Case..., especially for the 'Free' Versions... :|
sebaa

Post by sebaa » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:59 pm

I was trying but I can't.

How does that work?

I used this code that is in the link in the post. ( You created this code)

SET !VAR1 EVAL("var n='{{!LOOP}}'; var x,y,z; x=1000+(n*1); y=(x%40); if(y==0){z=41;} else{z=y+1;}; z;")
PROMPT VAR1:<SP>_{{!VAR1}}_
---> Or other...

SET !VAR1 EVAL("var z=\"{{!LOOP}}\"; var s = 1000 ; y = s+{{!LOOP}}  ; y = (y % 40);if(y == 0){ y = 40};y=y++;")
This is the code you were referring to?

I don't understand how to make that code repeat the same code 10 times and stop 1hour and continue.

How do you use the "Conditional 'WAIT' with 'EVAL ()'" I saw that you commented on many posts but I do not see code or operation or maybe I did not realize it ...

What is the code to use the "Conditional WAIT with Eval () " ???
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:20 am

sebaa wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:59 pm
I was trying but I can't.

How does that work?

I used this code that is in the link in the post. ( You created this code)

SET !VAR1 EVAL("var n='{{!LOOP}}'; var x,y,z; x=1000+(n*1); y=(x%40); if(y==0){z=41;} else{z=y+1;}; z;")
---> Or other...

SET !VAR1 EVAL("var z=\"{{!LOOP}}\"; var s = 1000 ; y = s+{{!LOOP}}  ; y = (y % 40);if(y == 0){ y = 40};y=y++;")
This is the code you were referring to?

I don't understand how to make that code repeat the same code 10 times and stop 1hour and continue.

How do you use the "Conditional 'WAIT' with 'EVAL ()'" I saw that you commented on many posts but I do not see code or operation or maybe I did not realize it ...

What is the code to use the "Conditional WAIT with Eval () " ???

Yep, the 1st Example (from me) can easily be adapted:

SET !VAR1 EVAL("var n='{{!LOOP}}'; var x,y,z; x=10; y=(n%x); if(y==0){z=3600;} else{z=0;}; z;")
PROMPT LOOP:<SP>_{{!LOOP}}_<BR>VAR1:<SP>_{{!VAR1}}_
WAIT SECONDS={{!VAR1}}
And like I mentioned, once you've been able to test and debug your Script and you know the 'EVAL()' is working like you expect, you can move the 'EVAL()' directly into the WAIT' to "save" 1 Line and 1 Var...:

WAIT SECONDS=EVAL("var n='{{!LOOP}}'; var x,y,z; x=10; y=(n%x); if(y==0){z=3600;} else{z=0;}; z;")
(Not tested...)

And the Script will wait for 1h (=3600s) only on Loops=10,20,30, etc... 8)

Hum, stg I should mention, is that iMacros Seconds are not "very precise", so if you need exactly 1 Hour, you may need to adapt a bit the "3600" Value...

EDIT:
Had forgotten the "SECONDS=" Param in both 'WAIT' Statements... :oops:
Last edited by chivracq on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
sebaa

Post by sebaa » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:37 am

THAAANKS YOUUU!!! WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Loop CODE .iim Working
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var n='{{!LOOP}}'; var x,y,z; x=10; y=(n%x); if(y==0){z=3600;} else{z=0;}; z;")
{
YOUR CODE 'Z= Select the time 3600 seconds it's 1Hour :)
}
'END OF ALL THE CODE
WAIT SECONDS={{!VAR1}}
It's perfect! really thanks for help me!

--->

Now I am interested to know how this is just to learn.

WAIT EVAL("var n='{{!LOOP}}'; var x,y,z; x=10; y=(n%x); if(y==0){z=3600;} else{z=0;}; z;")
The code does not work "SyntaxError: wrong format of WAIT command at line ..."

I don't understand how it saves 1 line and one variable could you explain a little about this? It's interesting and fun haha!
(The line that saves must be that of the variable to be set, right? but I still don't realize how it saves her)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:50 am

sebaa wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:37 am
THAAANKS YOUUU!!! WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Loop CODE .iim Working
{
YOUR CODE 'Z= Select the time 3600 seconds it's 1Hour :)
}
'END OF ALL THE CODE
WAIT SECONDS={{!VAR1}}
It's perfect! really thanks for help me!

--->

Now I am interested to know how this is just to learn.

WAIT EVAL("var n='{{!LOOP}}'; var x,y,z; x=10; y=(n%x); if(y==0){z=3600;} else{z=0;}; z;")
The code does not work "SyntaxError: wrong format of WAIT command at line ..."

I don't understand how it saves 1 line and one variable could you explain a little about this? It's interesting and fun haha!
(The line that saves must be that of the variable to be set, right? but I still don't realize how it saves her)

Oh...!, you're right, of course...! See my 'EDIT':
EDIT:
Had forgotten the "SECONDS=" Param in both 'WAIT' Statements... :oops:
sebaa

Post by sebaa » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:35 pm

I try using this code

WAIT SECONDS=EVAL("var n='{{!LOOP}}'; var x,y,z; x=10; y=(n%x); if(y==0){z=3600;} else{z=0;}; z;")
But it says the same error "SyntaxError: wrong format of WAIT command at line ..."

The objective of this is to avoid putting the first code and use only this new code, right? I would just put this code and the previous one that I use will delete it?

Like this?

{
CODE
}
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:48 pm

sebaa wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:35 pm
I try using this code

But it says the same error "SyntaxError: wrong format of WAIT command at line ..."

The objective of this is to avoid putting the first code and use only this new code, right? I would just put this code and the previous one that I use will delete it?

Like this?

{
CODE
}

Hum, yep indeed, I get the same SyntaxError also (in v8.8.2 for FF + PM26), OK, then it doesn't work, at least with the 'WAIT' Command... :(

I guess there is probably a Validation Check on the 'SECONDS' Param to accept only a Number or a Var... Fair enough... :|
I had not tried/tested it as I don't use that "Syntax" myself, but I thought it could be "interesting" for the 'Free' Versions, as it would have allowed to "compact" 2 Lines into just 1, but apparently, it doesn't work...! Then OK, forget about it, it was just an "Idea"... :wink:
sebaa

Post by sebaa » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:09 pm

hmm I understand, it would have been nice if it could be done! hahah equally the other way works great.

Thanks for the help and I will continue to think interesting "things" to develop with this community, it is very fun to learn by creating new ways!