Upload Files feature not working on iMacros Personal Edition Version 10.0.5

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
DSCM

Upload Files feature not working on iMacros Personal Edition Version 10.0.5

Post by DSCM » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased iMacros Personal Edition. The website mentioned 'upload files' as the function which is available in the feature but when the product was activated & used, I could not use the 'upload files' function at all. I am using Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) for running iMacros.

Seeking help on this so that I can begin using the application.

Error message:
Error: {"code":-32000,"message":"Not allowed"}, line: 20
chivracq

Re: Upload Files feature not working on iMacros Personal Edition Version 10.0.5

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:21 pm

DSCM wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:19 pm
Hi,

I recently purchased iMacros Personal Edition. The website mentioned 'upload files' as the function which is available in the feature but when the product was activated & used, I could not use the 'upload files' function at all. I am using

Code: Select all

Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)
for running iMacros.

Seeking help on this so that I can begin using the application.

Error message:

Error: {"code":-32000,"message":"Not allowed"}, line: 20

Grrr...!! :roll: Thread approved, but you would make it "easier" for "everybody", and yourself in the first place, if you had opened your Thread in the "correct" Sub-Forum...! :idea:
=> And that would have been the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum (or the 'General' one would also be OK), but certainly not the 'iMacros for FF' one, if you use v10.0.5 for CR...!
(But no need to open a Duplicate now, that would be Spam...! :shock: , this current Thread will eventually get moved to one of the 2 Sub-Forums I've mentioned, by the Forum Admin...)

>>>

1- FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig... + the Forum Rules...)
=> iMacros for CR v10.0.5 'PE', CR v77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit), + OS=...?

2- Can you reproduce with the 'Upload.iim' Demo-Macro on this Test Page...? (... like mentioned in the Forum Rules...)

3- Might be handy if you can post your Script and/or adapt the Demo to reproduce your Issue if the Demo works but you use some "extra" Commands/Functionality... :idea:

4- Hum, and make sure/confirm you have 'Allow access to file URLs' enabled for iMacros from the Add-on Manager Page in CR: :!:

chrome://extensions/?id=cplklnmnlbnpmjogncfgfijoopmnlemp
(That's the exact and full URL, the 'id=' is for iMacros, I don't try to make it a "clickable" Link, as I "think" the Forum Interface will automatically add some "http://" or "https://"...)

And I would have some more Qt's/Troubleshooting "Things", but it depends on your OS that you didn't mention in your FCI... :P
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:46 am

Hi DSCM,

Sorry for the late reply. Please see the important note in the following post for how to ensure that the upload functionality is working:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=30122#p81804
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:22 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:46 am
Hi DSCM,

Sorry for the late reply. Please see the important note in the following post for how to ensure that the upload functionality is working:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=30122#p81804

Hum, I think that's exactly the Sol I gave 10 days ago in my "Item 4-"... :?

But @OP didn't bother to follow up :roll: (while they last checked the Forum 5 days later/ago), so I reckon It's probably working now... :|

>>>

Oh...!, and @TechSup, Thanks for moving the Thread to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum... :D
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...