Getting Started with iMacros launches every time I start chrome

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
HugeTip

Getting Started with iMacros launches every time I start chrome

Post by HugeTip » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:36 pm

The following webpage https://imacros.net/browser/cr/welcome/ ... um=product
launches every time I start Chrome.

It is annoying to have to close this tab every time I launch Chrome.

The source code to this link are in the utils.js file lines 442-456.

Code: Select all

function getRedirectURL(id_or_kw) {
    const version = chrome.runtime.getManifest().version
    const prefix = `http://rd.imacros.net/redirect.aspx?type=CR&version=${version}`
    if (typeof id_or_kw == "number") {
        return `${prefix}&helpid=${id_or_kw}`
    } else if (typeof id_or_kw == "string") {
        return `${prefix}&helpid=102&kw=${id_or_kw}`
    }
}

function getRedirFromString(idString) {
	return `${prefix}&helpid=${idString}`
}
Please get rid of this annoying page launch every single time. Thank you!
HugeTip

Re: Getting Started with iMacros launches every time I start chrome

Post by HugeTip » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Can someone fix this issue already? Very simple issue to fix. Come on now folks, let's get rid of irritants.

@admin
@support
@help
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 pm

HugeTip wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:36 pm
The following webpage https://imacros.net/browser/cr/welcome/ ... um=product
launches every time I start Chrome.

It is annoying to have to close this tab every time I launch Chrome.

The source code to this link are in the utils.js file lines 442-456.

function getRedirectURL(id_or_kw) {
    if (typeof id_or_kw == "number") {
        return `${prefix}&helpid=${id_or_kw}`
    } else if (typeof id_or_kw == "string") {
        return `${prefix}&helpid=102&kw=${id_or_kw}`
    }
}

function getRedirFromString(idString) {
	return `${prefix}&helpid=${idString}`
}
Please get rid of this annoying page launch every single time. Thank you!
HugeTip wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Can someone fix this issue already? Very simple issue to fix. Come on now folks, let's get rid of irritants.

@admin
@support
@help

Yeah, well, maybe an "Idea" to read the Forum Rules if you want some Help, for some missing Tech Info, this is a Technical Forum, I don't react otherwise... (+ Read my Sig...) :idea:

And I think "the" Solution has already been provided, if you search the Forum... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
HugeTip

Post by HugeTip » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 pm

iMacros for Chrome 10.0.5
On Windows 10
Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

"And I think "the" Solution has already been provided, if you search the Forum..."

You got a link to this or better yet the solution? The forum has over 15 pages of topics....

Anybody else know what @chivracq is talking about?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:42 pm

HugeTip wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:06 pm

iMacros for Chrome 10.0.5
On Windows 10
Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)
"And I think "the" Solution has already been provided, if you search the Forum..."

You got a link to this or better yet the solution? The forum has over 15 pages of topics....

Anybody else know what @chivracq is talking about?

Oh, good...!, I "nearly" wanted to ask yesterday if you were going to follow up, and that you didn't need 2 (or 3) days to read the Forum Rules... :wink:

Then, good, we have your FCI, even if you still missed the 'Free'/'PE' part :roll: , but that shouldn't play a Role for your Case...

Yeah well, "15 pages of topics", that's the "Purpose" of using the 'Search' Functionality on a (Tech) Forum, ah-ah...!, and your "Issue" is related to CR, so that Thread should be located in the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum... And even, simply scrolling through the Threads in the CR Sub-Forum should yield that Thread in the first 2 or 3 Pages, I would think, and then "hope" the User had given a Descriptive and Explanatory Title to their Thread...
(The Thread was from 6 months ago maybe, and @Tom from @TechSup had posted in it, I think I remember...)

>>>

But anyway, you have a Setting in CR about "Synchronizing Devices", and I would think you probably have a PC/Laptop/"Device" (different than the one you are trying to use currently), where some previous Version of iMacros for CR is installed, or maybe not installed at all, where you might want to switch off that 'Synchronize' Setting..., or "play" with that Setting as I think your Issue is possibly/probably related to it... :idea:

(And now you can also use "Synchronize/ing" as Search Keywords to search the Forum, if you want more Info, and want to locate the Thread I was referring to... 8) )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
HugeTip

Post by HugeTip » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:25 pm

That's too much work. Why can't the coders remove those lines or the link from the file and release an update?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:13 pm

HugeTip wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:25 pm
That's too much work. Why can't the coders remove those lines or the link from the file and release an update?

Yeah well, "too much work", typing 2 Words in a Search Box, and disabling/re-enabling some CR Setting, while you "sound" like you are pretty Technical yourself, if you managed to locate the "Source" of your Issue from inspecting the Source Code of the Add-on, which is quite Impressive actually (meant as a Compliment...! :P )...!? Hum, OK, fair enough... :o

But tja...!, the "Purpose" of that Link/Page upon New/First Install of the Add-on is actually to provide some Help about how to use the Add-on, so it's by Design and I don't think @Dev will want to change that, and it's rather CR with its 'Synchronize' Setting (if I'm correct about it...) which is causing that annoying Behaviour for you... :|

But OK, I'll "soft-alert" @TechSup to ask if they want to have a look at your Thread, they'll probably have more/better Info... 8)
But if/once they respond, it would maybe "help a bit" if you could follow up a bit quicker than 4 or 5 days later each time... :wink:
HugeTip

Post by HugeTip » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:24 am

chivracq wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:13 pm
HugeTip wrote:

Yeah well, "too much work", typing 2 Words in a Search Box, and disabling/re-enabling some CR Setting, while you "sound" like you are pretty Technical yourself, if you managed to locate the "Source" of your Issue from inspecting the Source Code of the Add-on, which is quite Impressive actually (meant as a Compliment...! :P )...!? Hum, OK, fair enough... :o

But tja...!, the "Purpose" of that Link/Page upon New/First Install of the Add-on is actually to provide some Help about how to use the Add-on, so it's by Design and I don't think @Dev will want to change that, and it's rather CR with its 'Synchronize' Setting (if I'm correct about it...) which is causing that annoying Behaviour for you... :|

But OK, I'll "soft-alert" @TechSup to ask if they want to have a look at your Thread, they'll probably have more/better Info... 8)
But if/once they respond, it would maybe "help a bit" if you could follow up a bit quicker than 4 or 5 days later each time... :wink:
Thank you for having them look at it, I will be here checking daily to rid of 4 to 5 day post gap. Also thanks for your compliment, I am not a coder or developer hence my nuisance. I got those lines after 2 hours of trial and error. I did find the sync thread you were talking about, and mentioned it being "too much work" after looking at the sync thread as honestly I had no idea what in the heck I was to do and it seemed easier to just close the tab every launch at that point.

Thanks for helping. Appreciated pal :o
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:07 pm

chivracq wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:13 pm
HugeTip wrote:

This assessment is accurate. That page is only displayed by iMacros after a new install. The fact that it is still appearing for you is not because iMacros continues to display it, but rather the browers itself is continuing to display it most likely as a result of synchronization or some other browser setting. You need to dig into your synchronization settings as well as make sure that this page is closed on all devices where you are using Chrome and have synchronization enabled.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
HugeTip

Post by HugeTip » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:51 am

@chivracq
@Tom

Thank you both, I figured it out. Turns out it was my Click And Clean Chrome Extension. I had everything under extension checked on, which deleted all the extension cookies and cache, etc.... Hence why it reset every time I closed my browser (as I set it to auto clean after browser closing).

I appreciate you helping and thanks again for such an awesome and useful extension. Hopefully you guys can get bought for $4 billion by PayPal like Honey did.