Macro for mass creating Purchase Orders

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
salennon07

Macro for mass creating Purchase Orders

Post by salennon07 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi - I'm definitely a newbie to iMacros - but hoping i'm in the right spot to ask for help.

I never even knew what iMacros was until a few days ago. Once per year with my company I have to use an oracle web based system for creating blanket Purchase Orders to all of our suppliers. We do upwards 1500 of these orders per year.

I have been able to use the freeware to populate all of the static info (ship to info, purchase order due date, comments) - what I'm wondering and struggling to find online is if I can use CSV format to extract the part number needed to order and the quantity to order? Just doing the other stuff i already mentioned has already reduced my order creation from about 1 minute per SKU to about 15 seconds. But if i could get a loop setup to run everything it would be amazing.

I'm using the free chrome plugin - VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
Windows 10
Chrome - Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)

My current format looks like this. After the last line is where i would like to add something to pull from a loop to grab a part number and a quantity to order.

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
FRAME F=4
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:PV_REQ_WRK_PV_REQ_FORM$121$$0
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:COMMENTS_2000$0 CONTENT=SMI<SP>PO<SP>For<SP>2020<BR>Scott<SP>Lennon<SP>12/30/2019
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:LEVEL2_LBL$0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:LEVEL2$0 CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:PV_REQ_WRK_PV_SAVE_AND_SUBMIT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:PV_MAINNAV_HTML_PV_CREATELINK
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Settings
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:REQ_DFLT_TBL_SHIPTO_ID CONTENT=018k2200
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:REQ_DFLT_TBL_DUE_DT CONTENT=1/4/2021
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:PV_HIDDEN_LINKS_SUT_BASE_ID CONTENT=018k2200
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:PV_REQ_WRK_PV_OK_PB
chivracq

Re: Macro for mass creating Purchase Orders

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:18 pm

salennon07 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:45 pm
Hi - I'm definitely a newbie to iMacros - but hoping i'm in the right spot to ask for help.

I never even knew what iMacros was until a few days ago. Once per year with my company I have to use an oracle web based system for creating blanket Purchase Orders to all of our suppliers. We do upwards 1500 of these orders per year.

I have been able to use the freeware to populate all of the static info (ship to info, purchase order due date, comments) - what I'm wondering and struggling to find online is if I can use CSV format to extract the part number needed to order and the quantity to order? Just doing the other stuff i already mentioned has already reduced my order creation from about 1 minute per SKU to about 15 seconds. But if i could get a loop setup to run everything it would be amazing.

I'm using

Code: Select all

the free chrome plugin - VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
Windows 10
Chrome - Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit)
My current format looks like this. After the last line is where i would like to add something to pull from a loop to grab a part number and a quantity to order.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
FRAME F=4
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:PV_REQ_WRK_PV_REQ_FORM$121$$0
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TEXTAREA FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:COMMENTS_2000$0 CONTENT=SMI<SP>PO<SP>For<SP>2020<BR>Scott<SP>Lennon<SP>12/30/2019
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:LEVEL2_LBL$0
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:LEVEL2$0 CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:PV_REQ_WRK_PV_SAVE_AND_SUBMIT
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:PV_MAINNAV_HTML_PV_CREATELINK
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Settings
WAIT SECONDS=3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:REQ_DFLT_TBL_SHIPTO_ID CONTENT=018k2200
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:REQ_DFLT_TBL_DUE_DT CONTENT=1/4/2021
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:PV_HIDDEN_LINKS_SUT_BASE_ID CONTENT=018k2200
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=NAME:win0 ATTR=ID:PV_REQ_WRK_PV_OK_PB

Try selecting the "correct" Sub-Forum when opening a Thread, this one has nothing really specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum... :idea:
(Correct Sub-Forum would have been the 'General' one..., which is always the "correct" one if you are unsure... But no need to duplicate now...)

>>>

But yep, the Functionality that you want (=> Local File-Access for using the '!DATASOURCE' Command) is (only) included in the 'PE' Version (= 'Personal Edition')...
(The 'Free' Version is meant for Home Users anyway... :wink: )

Looping is also limited to 100 Loops in the 'Free' Version...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
salennon07

Post by salennon07 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:52 pm

Thank you for the reply! Time to try and convince the employer we should get it!

Sorry on the subtopic. I thought imacros for chrome would be the right once since I was using the chrome plug in.

Thanks again!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:00 pm

salennon07 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:52 pm
Thank you for the reply! Time to try and convince the employer we should get it!

Sorry on the subtopic. I thought imacros for chrome would be the right once since I was using the chrome plug in.

Thanks again!

You're welcome...! :D

Yeah, don't worry about the "wrong" Sub-Forum, Threads can be moved from one Sub-Forum to another one, but it's always easier and "neater" if they get opened directly in the "correct" one, and they can also be more easily found by other Users with a same/similar Qt/Scenario... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...