Monitor and detect any change to text then trigger an action :idea:

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Programlover

Monitor and detect any change to text then trigger an action :idea:

Post by Programlover » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 am

Hi,
I have a simple API made by a service, send the API request to simple html page ( random and unlimited requests per day)
i want iMacros to monitor any change to "<input type=“text”>" if the text changed to any new value, it run and scrape google in TAB=2
if the <input type=“text”> doesn't change nothing happen and keep waiting for a new vale...
the Macro should work with chrome.
I Love iMacros :D
thecoder2012

Re: Monitor and detect any change to text then trigger an action :idea:

Post by thecoder2012 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:09 pm

Programlover wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:04 am
I have a simple API made by a service, send the API request to simple html page ( random and unlimited requests per day)
i want iMacros to monitor any change to "<input type=“text”>" if the text changed to any new value, it run and scrape google in TAB=2
if the <input type=“text”> doesn't change nothing happen and keep waiting for a new vale...
the Macro should work with chrome.
iMacros + Browser version? System? And your problem is ...?
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:13 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:09 pm
iMacros + Browser version? System? And your problem is ...?

Yep, exactly, "one" of the Reasons I didn't react to this Thread, tja...! :|

Maybe an "Idea" @OP to read the Forum Rules (again?), "one day", I've already asked you to mention your FCI when you open a Thread or post for the 1st time in some existing Thread, but you never complied/followed up...

And PLEASE, try to select the "correct" Sub-Forum when you open a Thread, this one has probably nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, especially if you don't even mention your FCI..., "the Macro should work with chrome." is not "good enough"...
=> Thread will eventually get moved (by the Forum Admin, I can't do it myself...) to the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum...

And (repeatedly) opening Threads in some "random" Sub-Forum, requiring hassle with bothering the Forum Admin, is a Show-Stopper for me to (further) help Users, just saying...! :!:
(And when "in doubt" and if you "were not sure" for which Sub-Forum to choose, you can mention it in your OP, and the 'General' one is always OK otherwise...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 pm

chivracq wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:13 pm
...the Forum Admin...
Forum Admin is here? :shock:
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:47 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 pm
chivracq wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:13 pm
...the Forum Admin...
Forum Admin is here? :shock:

Yes...! => BEHAVE...!! :twisted:

But, a bit more "seriously", "Forum Admin" = @TechSup, and @TechSup check(s) the Forum only from time to time, usually to answer Threads I have "soft"-alerted them to have a Look at because I can't answer them, (mostly about 'Dot.Net' + 'Scripting Interface' + Licensing'), or in case of a (real) Bug, and they will also delete Spam that "managed" to bypass my "Watch", or move Threads from one Sub-Forum to another one because some Users couldn't be bothered to think for 3 Sec in which Sub-Forum they should open their Thread..., which is always a bit of a waste of time for @TechSup as they would rather spend that time answering more Threads...

=> Everybody and the whole Forum Community would benefit from "paying a bit of Attention" with the Forum Rules, and putting a bit of Quality in their Threads... "Quality Questions" mean "Quality Answers" that are not only useful for the "Asker" but also for other Users searching the Forum with a similar Qt/Case/Scenario and that will be "Happy" to find Quality Threads with Quality Answers... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...