ondownload failing to rename file

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
iheartimacros

ondownload failing to rename file

Post by iheartimacros » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:41 pm

I have a script that worked previously that needs to rename an xls file that it downloads.

The script is able to download the file properly other than it is now failing to rename the file with the name I specifiy and is simply downloading with the default file name.

I am using imacros for Chrome version 10.0.5

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=EvanstonPayroll.xls WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:s-icon-btn<SP>s-export-to-excel-20px&&TITLE:Export<SP>to<SP>Excel&&ONCLICK:exportReport();

Thanks for any insight you might offer!
Enganacious

Re: ondownload failing to rename file

Post by Enganacious » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:30 pm

I've ran into a similar issue, it doesn't seem to be universal however. It seems to be site specific. I have issues where I want to download say a .csv file or a .ofx file and iMacros for Chrome is saving it as .txt, it's rather bizarre.
chivracq

Re: ondownload failing to rename file

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:41 pm

iheartimacros wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:41 pm
I have a script that worked previously that needs to rename an xls file that it downloads.

The script is able to download the file properly other than it is now failing to rename the file with the name I specifiy and is simply downloading with the default file name.

I am using

Code: Select all

imacros for Chrome version 10.0.5

Code: Select all

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=EvanstonPayroll.xls WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=CLASS:s-icon-btn<SP>s-export-to-excel-20px&&TITLE:Export<SP>to<SP>Excel&&ONCLICK:exportReport();
Thanks for any insight you might offer!
>>>
Enganacious wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:30 pm
I've ran into a similar issue, it doesn't seem to be universal however. It seems to be site specific. I have issues where I want to download say a .csv file or a .ofx file and iMacros for Chrome is saving it as .txt, it's rather bizarre.

Hum, alright, I'm "finally" approving your Post @Enganacious, as you seem to be "more active" than User @Trintech in "your" parallel/related Thread (Chrome downloading files as txt), so I "guess" you'll be 2 different Users/Colleagues and not one same Person with 2 Accounts... (Sorry, but I didn't understand your "Yup we are." to my 'OR' Question, you need to use a bit more "precise" Language on a Tech Forum, ah-ah...!)

>>>

And then, OK, but same Reply like in the "other' Thread, and that Reply applies also to @OP (=> @iheartimacros):
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig..., and the Forum Rules, all 3 of you...)

And I "think" both Threads have actually nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, I "suspect" you'll get the same Behaviour if you try on FF with iMacros for FF v10.0.2. But if I'm "correct", this will all become "clear" once you'll all mention your FCI... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...