Formulas inside of iMacros for Chrome

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Manassasralph

Formulas inside of iMacros for Chrome

Post by Manassasralph » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:28 pm

I am new to iMacros for Chrome. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post.

I need to extract a number from a web site, perform a calculation, then insert the result back into the web page.

Can iMacros for Chrome do this?

If so, where do I go for instruction?
chivracq

Re: Formulas inside of iMacros for Chrome

Post by chivracq » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:49 pm

Manassasralph wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:28 pm
I am new to iMacros for Chrome. I apologize if this is the wrong place to post.

I need to extract a number from a web site, perform a calculation, then insert the result back into the web page.

Can iMacros for Chrome do this?

If so, where do I go for instruction?

Thread approved but this is indeed the "wrong place to post", as your Thread/Scenario has nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, all Versions of iMacros in all 4 Browsers supported by iMacros support the Functionality that you want...
Correct Sub-Forum would have been the 'Data-Extraction' one, or the 'General' Sub-Forum (which is always OK if you are "unsure"...).
(And pay attention to select the "correct" Sub-Forum when you open a Thread or I don't react/help... (for next time)... :!: )

>>>

Then yep, the Functionality that you want is fairly "Basic" and "Standard" Functionality for iMacros... 8) , => to implement using the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism, then 'EVAL()' for the Calculation/Data Manipulation, and the 'TAG' or 'EVENT' Mode to reinsert the Result back into the Page... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Manassasralph

Post by Manassasralph » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:03 pm

Thank you, I think that's just what I needed.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Manassasralph wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:03 pm
Thank you, I think that's just what I needed.

OK, good... :D

And post/share maybe your Script/Solution once you'll have managed to implement the Functionality that you want..., that could help other Users, and I'll probably be able to improve/tune your Script a bit... :idea:

(And you may want to read the Forum Rules if you ever need to open a Thread again..., or get "stuck' in this one and need some further Help... And read my Sig also... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...