Chrome downloading files as txt

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Trintech

Chrome downloading files as txt

Post by Trintech » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:14 pm

I've ran into an issue with some sites downloading various file formats as .txt instead of what they are being set to download as either natively by the site or by the 'ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=X FILE=Y' line.

It doesn't seem to be a universal either, so I'm left wondering if this is something that can be addressed via the script or perhaps a setting in the iMacros extension or Chrome browser, or if it's just a site driven issue.
chivracq

Re: Chrome downloading files as txt

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:47 pm

Trintech wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:14 pm
I've ran into an issue with some sites downloading various file formats as .txt instead of what they are being set to download as either natively by the site or by the 'ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=X FILE=Y' line.

It doesn't seem to be a universal either, so I'm left wondering if this is something that can be addressed via the script or perhaps a setting in the iMacros extension or Chrome browser, or if it's just a site driven issue.

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Always a "good Idea" to read the Forum Rules when you join a Tech Forum... :idea:

>>>

And hum, before approving the Post by User @Enganacious in this similar/related Thread (ondownload failing to rename file), hum..., both Accounts are using the same IP..., and the Content of the Post is nearly identical to yours... :?
=> Are you 2 Colleagues working for the same Company...?, (then it's OK for both of you that have separate Accounts, but it would be "nice" if you both could read the Forum Rules, and both increase a bit the "Quality" of your Posts, Reason also I never reacted to that "other" Thread...), or are you just 1 same Person creating several Accounts on the Forum...? (then I don't really see the "Purpose"...!, and I would "prefer" you only use one Account for all your Posts on the Forum, especially related to the same Subject/Issue...). :!:
Re: ondownload failing to rename file
Post by Enganacious » 21/10/2020 - 14:30

Post awaiting approval:
I've ran into a similar issue, it doesn't seem to be universal however. It seems to be site specific. I have issues where I want to download say a .csv file or a .ofx file and iMacros for Chrome is saving it as .txt, it's rather bizarre.

EDIT:
Got a mini-Reply from @Enganacious, "Yup, we are.", but it's still not clear to me if "you are" 1 Person with 2 Accounts, or 2 Colleagues... :?
Maybe @Trintech can clarify/reply, and a bit more "clearly" than just "Yup, we are."...? (That Account/User is now "free" to post on the Forum...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Enganacious

Post by Enganacious » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Apologies, I setup this user as my personal user.

Trintech is meant to be a company login.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Enganacious wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:34 pm
Apologies, I setup this user as my personal user.

Trintech is meant to be a company login.

Alright, OK, then post from now on using your "personal" Account, I would say, and if any Colleague(s) of yours is/are going to post also, they could use the Company Account, but it's usually "better" for the Communication if different Users all have their own Account, and try to "keep it simple" and to "coordinate" on your Side, it's already "a bit messy" with 2 Accounts + posting in 2 different Threads...

=> Now I'm waiting for you to mention your FCI in both Threads... :|
You opened/posted in 2 Threads, now you have to maintain them both, and both with the same "Quality"... :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...