download failed after Chrome update

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Torsten156

download failed after Chrome update

Post by Torsten156 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:14 pm

Hi all,

i use a script to download a file via a Button-Function in the Browser. This macro works fine since 4 month. But, today i get a message when i will download a file via macro:
"Insufficient permissions"!

What is here the problem?????

Regards
Torsten

Here my Configuration:
- iMacro for Chrome (Free Edition) 10.1.0
- Version 86.0.4240.198 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
- WIN 10 Enterprise
MIKES2ND

Re: download failed after Chrome update

Post by MIKES2ND » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:20 pm

were all experiencing issues with on download... downgrade back to 12.5... failed upgrade! roll it back.. maybe they will patch
Torsten156

Post by Torsten156 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:36 am

ok, thanks.

Regards
Torsten
MIKES2ND

Post by MIKES2ND » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:46 am

is anyone going to look into this? Or should i officially submit a issue?

Its due to download from a dropdown in chrome. I think its due to the version of chrome(chrome update)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:08 am

MIKES2ND wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:46 am
is anyone going to look into this? Or should i officially submit a issue?

Its due to download from a dropdown in chrome. I think its due to the version of chrome(chrome update)

Hum, not sure what you mean exactly by "Or should i officially submit a issue?", but if your Girl-Friend is the Daughter of the Big-Big-Top-Top-Manager at 'Progress', then I would say "yep-yep, use your hormones", ah-ah...! :P

Mini (Insider) Update: @TechSup spent about 2 hours yesterday testing and answering several Threads on the Forum, and all Threads I had asked to "have a look at", this one is the only one they didn't post in... I honestly don't know why, I guess the(ir) Testing is still not very "conclusive"... They will post an Update once they have some "Results"...

And hum, @MIKES2ND, if "Or should i officially submit a issue?" means you are "finally" willing to mention the Website you are trying to run your Script on, then yep-yep..., I think that would "speed up the Process" to get some Help, ah-ah...!, just an Idea... :idea:

But hum, if you rather posted in this Thread which is about a CR Update breaking the Download Func, meaning the "Fault" doesn't come from iMacros but from a specific CR Version breaking the "current" iMacros for that Browser, then tja, like you previously "bragged" in some other Thread, simply revert to the previous Version of CR or iMacros or whatever you wanted to "revert"/downgrade to... :idea:

(Is not very easy with CR, you need to be pretty "Advanced" in OS-Tricks and Mechanisms, the 'Google' 'CR' Developers are not completely "stupid", hum..., yep they are actually, I'm a bit "waiting" for the next Fine for such Practices for about many-many-Billions of $/Euro, ah-ah...! :oops: )
Last edited by chivracq on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
MIKES2ND

Post by MIKES2ND » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:13 am

You can't get into the site... so whats the point of posting it.

I detailed the issue. It looked like this forum is just a place to complain and nothing happens. So i figured i had to submit a ticket.

I detailed my info and posted scripts in the other threads. should i post it again? in this one?

It activates a download when you click on a selection in a drop down menu, the on download doesnt register and it hangs..
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:44 am

MIKES2ND wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:13 am
You can't get into the site... so whats the point of posting it.

I detailed the issue. It looked like this forum is just a place to complain and nothing happens. So i figured i had to submit a ticket.

I detailed my info and posted scripts in the other threads. should i post it again? in this one?

It activates a download when you click on a selection in a drop down menu, the on download doesnt register and it hangs..

OK, you are "a bit of an ADHD Joke", ah-ah...! But OK, good-good, if you've been able "to submit a ticket", then perfect, you are already "in good hands", and no Need to come again posting on the Forum "like this forum is just a place to complain and nothing happens"...? :roll:

"in the other threads" => Yep you get that "Situation" when you go kind of "spamming" the Forum and posting in several Threads about just 1 Issue, everybody get "lost" about half-the-info scattered over several Threads... :idea:

(Oh..., I had btw edited my previous Post in the time you had already reacted...)

EDIT:
Hum..., and be "careful", or not...!, in your Reply, I'm the most Active Helper on this Forum, you "never know if you won't need some Help again", but I "usually" don't help anymore Users who choose/chose to "argue" with me... (Hum, unless they are "right", ah-ah...! :shock: :shock: ) :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
MIKES2ND

Post by MIKES2ND » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:53 am

yeah your a funny guy...

I havent submitted a ticket.

I saw others were having this same issue... I didnt want to create another. I saw the other threads...

some were close... some were ignored :roll:

I can submit one and you guys will go " oh we cant help you since you can't let me into your secure site!" i figured...

Ill submit one anyways but I can't let you into the site... so (i dont know why im asking this :roll: ) do i even submit one?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:56 am

MIKES2ND wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:53 am
yeah your a funny guy...

I havent submitted a ticket.

I saw others were having this same issue... I didnt want to create another. I saw the other threads...

some were close... some were ignored :roll:

I can submit one and you guys will go " oh we cant help you since you can't let me into your secure site!" i figured...

Ill submit one anyways but I can't let you into the site... so (i dont know why im asking this :roll: ) do i even submit one?

Yeah OK, @TechSup is working on it, give them some time...
Hum..., and if the Pb comes from a CR Update, @TechSup can't do anything about it, @Dev will need to see if they find a Workaround and release a New Version, which always takes "some time"... :idea: