Code to scroll the page at the bottom in loop

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tirmizi

Code to scroll the page at the bottom in loop

Post by tirmizi » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:05 am

Hi Guys,

I have searched the forum and in google , stack flow , the codes provided doesn't work.

Tried this but didn't work either

VERSION BUILD=1010 RECORDER=CR
URL GOTO=javascript:window.scrollBy(0,50000)

I have windows 10 and chrome browser extension , with above info.

Now basically the goal is , so that I visit facebook / youtube / twitter the page is scrolled down to reveal more posts / comments etc. so please help me with this.

Thanks,
Syed
chivracq

Re: Code to scroll the page at the bottom in loop

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:38 am

tirmizi wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:05 am
Hi Guys,

I have searched the forum and in google , stack flow , the codes provided doesn't work.

Tried this but didn't work either

Code: Select all

URL GOTO=javascript:window.scrollBy(0,50000)
I have

Code: Select all

windows 10 and chrome browser extension
, with above info.

Now basically the goal is , so that I visit facebook / youtube / twitter the page is scrolled down to reveal more posts / comments etc. so please help me with this.

Thanks,
Syed

Thread "quickly" approved because I have "difficult" Internet since about 1 week, but it has nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, try to select the "correct" Sub-Forum "next time"... :!: (Would have be the 'General' one for this Thread...)

+ FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...) (Would help if you read the Forum Rules when you join a Tech Forum and want to get some Help... :idea: )
=> iMacros for CR v10.1.0(...?), 'Free'/'PE', CR v...?, Win10.

Then OK, to answer your Thread, well I don't know, but the 'scrollBy()' Syntax you posted should work indeed, that looks correct to me actually... I use it myself in many of my Scripts.... (But I use (a) different FCI('s)..., and all on FF..., and on different Sites...)

Otherwise, the same Func can also be implemented using the 'EVENT' Mode, as you seem to be on CR using v10.1.0 for CR... (Several (possible) Solutions...) :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
tirmizi

Post by tirmizi » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:03 am

Thanks for your reply : here are the required info and my bad. I apologize.

Browser Info: Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
IMacro : Free Version / Browser Extension
OS: Windows 10 Pro , 64 Bit Operation System, x64-based Processor
Now my goal basically is to use this script to reply back to all the comments on my videos (on Tictok) . As I get anywhere from 100 - 200 comments on the video that I have posted. and what I want to do , is the ability to post replies to the people who commented. Thanks / Thanks a bunch etc etc ,basicaly I'll write 10-20 different comments in csv file or notepad , and want those to be spinned each time.

For example if you see here ; https://www.tiktok.com/@syedtirmizi16/v ... 34?lang=en

the comments reveal once you scroll down the page. so basically what we could do is keep adding replies after 10-15 replies the page ends , so then we could have the code that will move the scroll bar down to reveal more comments ... again I am noob at this but surprised why I never knew about this macros , that could have increased my productivity so much more.

Thanks again, looking forward to learn from the master.

Syed
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:20 am

tirmizi wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:03 am
Thanks for your reply : here are the required info and my bad. I apologize.

Browser Info: Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
IMacro : Free Version / Browser Extension
OS: Windows 10 Pro , 64 Bit Operation System, x64-based Processor
Now my goal basically is to use this script to reply back to all the comments on my videos (on Tictok) . As I get anywhere from 100 - 200 comments on the video that I have posted. and what I want to do , is the ability to post replies to the people who commented. Thanks / Thanks a bunch etc etc ,basicaly I'll write 10-20 different comments in csv file or notepad , and want those to be spinned each time.

For example if you see here ; https://www.tiktok.com/@syedtirmizi16/v ... 34?lang=en

the comments reveal once you scroll down the page. so basically what we could do is keep adding replies after 10-15 replies the page ends , so then we could have the code that will move the scroll bar down to reveal more comments ... again I am noob at this but surprised why I never knew about this macros , that could have increased my productivity so much more.

Thanks again, looking forward to learn from the master.

Syed

Yep, OK, for your FCI, perfect...! :wink:
=> iMacros for CR v10.1.0 'Free', CR87, Win10_Pro_x64.
(Simplified Format which is perfect for me..)

OK, tried to have a look at your Site, but that stupid Site nearly crashed my Browser (PM26)...! :shock: :roll: , but OK, I understand anyway the Func that you want. then yep again..., same Reply like in my previous Post your 'URL GOTO:javascript' + 'scrollBy()' Syntax is correct, it should work..., or again,, try using the 'EVENT' Mode... :idea:
(=> With Keyboard Actions, like 'End' / 'Page Down' / 'Ctrl' + 'End'/'Page Down' / etc...)

(And hum, I "usually" don't help for Social Media, so don't expect "too much" from me, ah-ah...! :twisted: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
tirmizi

Post by tirmizi » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:51 am

Thanks for your reply ! I can understand and respect your reasons. But the scrollby command surely is not working as nothing happens. But the Event mode I am not sure what that is. Sorry I am a noob at all this. Can you please edit the code the way you feel that it might work. for what I want to do and I can load and test that perhaps.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:02 am

tirmizi wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:51 am
Thanks for your reply ! I can understand and respect your reasons. But the scrollby command surely is not working as nothing happens. But the Event mode I am not sure what that is. Sorry I am a noob at all this. Can you please edit the code the way you feel that it might work. for what I want to do and I can load and test that perhaps.

Yeah well "edit the code", nope, completely different "Code", simply record the Actions I mentioned using that Mode and test what works...
I "once" did some Testing on one of "those (stupid Social Media Scrolling) Sites" and it "was working", for some Thread on this Forum, I probably posted the Script/Syntax I used then... :idea:
(Was a few months ago, I'm not sure anymore..., and those stupid Sites keep completely changing the HTML Structure of their Sites, breaking any iMacros Script every 2 weeks... :| )
tirmizi

Post by tirmizi » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:06 am

Well I don't blame the social media sites doing that , as everyone in the world is trying to automate things for whatever reason , so they need to protect their assets to keep things functional and relevant.

Anyways, sorry for asking the dumb question again , I think the reason why it doesn't work is because when I hit reply , in the comment box it adds @ with the username and then I hit post.

so the position of the comment box remains the same but the text entered changes ,but I think it records the username info , and if I use the same on any new thread / link it tries to find the same usernames which were recorded and as they are not found , it stops.
tirmizi

Post by tirmizi » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:07 am

On the side note, the wait time , can that be in milli seconds ?