Need help filling out a div form (not being captured right)

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
l4m0r

Need help filling out a div form (not being captured right)

Post by l4m0r » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I've been using iMacros for quite a while now and haven't run into problems so far, but this time I did and I cant solve it on my own.

I'm trying to write a script that posts in a certain thread (bumping it) every 4 hours, however entering text into the the div field is not being captured right and I can't fix the syntax on my own, sadly. Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

I am trying to post in a thread like this (in a hidden area that only can be seen for long term members, so I just use a different thread as example):

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/t ... 6770/reply

The script I recorded (but it doesn't work cause the text doesnt get saved) on the latest Chrome Version for Windows (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36):

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1010 RECORDER=CR
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=chrome://newtab/
URL GOTO=https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/gigabyte-z590-aorus-xtreme-zeigt-sich-mit-20-1-spannungsphasen.1286770/reply
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:fr-element<SP>fr-view&&DIR:ltr&&CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&ARIA-DISABLED:false&&SPELLCHECK:true
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Antworten
TAB T=1
On the old vbb forum I could just use something like

<SP>CONTENT=Hello<SP>world
But for this new and dynamic xenforo it doesn't seem to work.

Can somebody help me and enlighten me on how to post + submit text to this div and actually submit a successful post? Would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
L
chivracq

Re: Need help filling out a div form (not being captured right)

Post by chivracq » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:26 pm

l4m0r wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:23 pm
Hello everyone,

I've been using iMacros for quite a while now and haven't run into problems so far, but this time I did and I cant solve it on my own.

I'm trying to write a script that posts in a certain thread (bumping it) every 4 hours, however entering text into the the div field is not being captured right and I can't fix the syntax on my own, sadly. Any help or pointing me in the right direction would be highly appreciated.

I am trying to post in a thread like this (in a hidden area that only can be seen for long term members, so I just use a different thread as example):

https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/t ... 6770/reply

The script I recorded (but it doesn't work cause the text doesnt get saved) on

the latest Chrome Version for Windows (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36):

VERSION BUILD=1010 RECORDER=CR
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=chrome://newtab/
URL GOTO=https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/gigabyte-z590-aorus-xtreme-zeigt-sich-mit-20-1-spannungsphasen.1286770/reply
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:fr-element<SP>fr-view&&DIR:ltr&&CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&ARIA-DISABLED:false&&SPELLCHECK:true
TAB T=1
On the old vbb forum I could just use something like

<SP>CONTENT=Hello<SP>world
But for this new and dynamic xenforo it doesn't seem to work.

Can somebody help me and enlighten me on how to post + submit text to this div and actually submit a successful post? Would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
L

Nothing very specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, pay attention to select the correct Sub-Forum when you open a Thread (or I don't react), correct Sub-Forum would have been the 'General' one... :idea:

Alright, FCI mentioned, but "latest" doesn't mean much on a Tech Forum, simply mention the Version...
=> iMacros for CR v10.1.0, 'Free'/'PE'...?, CR87, Win10_x64.
=> 'Free'/'PE' is still missing...?

Then, hum, I can't have a look at your Page (as the Site wants me to register and to create an Account), and I "usually" don't help for posting on a Forum (as that "Functionality" is usually (or could be) used by Spammers), but if you mention that the Site/Forum moved to some "dynamic Xenforo" Framework, the 'TAG' Mode will indeed probably not work, and you'd have to use/try the 'EVENT' Mode which often works better with this kind of dynamic Elements/Pages... :idea:

Or you could also use/try the 'DS' Mode on iMB v12.6 ('Trial'), but "chances are" the Site won't even render "correctly" in that Browser..., then yep, v10.1.0 for CR + the 'EVENT' Mode is probably your best shot... (The 'EVENT' Mode is not supported (anymore/yet) in v10.0.2 for FF.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
l4m0r

Post by l4m0r » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 am

Thanks for your reply and sorry about posting in the wrong sub-forum. I never tried iMacros on FF or any other platform than chrome before, so I thought this sub is the way to go.

To add the missing information: I'm using version 10.1.0 (free) for Chrome.

Sadly, to post on this forum, you need to register an account, yes. If you're not willing to do so but want to review the issue, I can register a dummy account for you and send you the login info via PN. I can assure you I'm not planning to use this function to spam or abuse the forum in any way, I just wanna bump my sales threads in the forum all 4 hours (which is allowed according to their rules, but is a pain in the ass to be done manually).

How do I enter the EVENT Mode that you mentioned and what exactly should I be trying with it?

I also tried it in FF with 10.0.2 and the captured coded looked a bit different:

VERSION BUILD=10021450
URL GOTO=https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/rtx-3090-gpu-verf%C3%BCgbarkeitshinweise.1283956/page-17#post-28033183
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/rtx-3090-gpu-verf%C3%BCgbarkeitshinweise.1283956/page-17#post-28033183
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:fr-element<SP>fr-view&&DIR:ltr&&ARIA-DISABLED:false&&SPELLCHECK:true&&CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&TXT:
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
So basically what is going on is that selecting the right div form is working, but inserting a text into it, isn't (at least with the captured code).

I was thinking that the CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&TXT: looks better than the code captured by CR and that if I can put some text there with the right syntax (that I can't seem to find out :/) it could possibly work?

What would be the right syntax for some text like "Hello" for the FF code?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for being a bit nooby.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:39 am

l4m0r wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 am
Thanks for your reply and sorry about posting in the wrong sub-forum. I never tried iMacros on FF or any other platform than chrome before, so I thought this sub is the way to go.

To add the missing information: I'm using

version 10.1.0 (free) for Chrome. 
Sadly, to post on this forum, you need to register an account, yes. If you're not willing to do so but want to review the issue, I can register a dummy account for you and send you the login info via PN. I can assure you I'm not planning to use this function to spam or abuse the forum in any way, I just wanna bump my sales threads in the forum all 4 hours (which is allowed according to their rules, but is a pain in the ass to be done manually).

How do I enter the EVENT Mode that you mentioned and what exactly should I be trying with it?

I also tried it in FF with 10.0.2 and the captured coded looked a bit different:

VERSION BUILD=10021450
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:fr-element<SP>fr-view&&DIR:ltr&&ARIA-DISABLED:false&&SPELLCHECK:true&&CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&TXT:
TAB CLOSE
TAB T=1
So basically what is going on is that selecting the right div form is working, but inserting a text into it, isn't (at least with the captured code).

I was thinking that the CONTENTEDITABLE:true&&TXT: looks better than the code captured by CR and that if I can put some text there with the right syntax (that I can't seem to find out :/) it could possible work?

What would be the right syntax for some text like "Hello" for the FF code?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for being a bit nooby.

OK, good-good, and mini-Compliment for the Quality of your Posts, each time... :D

Yeah well, Test Account, hum, nope, I'm already helping you "too much", ah-ah...!, like I mentioned, I'm always a bit reluctant to help for the Func that you want, even if your Purpose is "Legit", some other "Users" (= Spammers!) will still abuse it... :shock:

But OK, accessing the 'EVENT' Mode is done from the iMacros (Record) Options/Settings, where you can toggle between the 'TAG' and the 'EVENT' Mode when recording your Actions... And both Modes can then be "combined" in a same Script, in 'Replay' Mode...

And the 'DIV' Element recorded in both Scripts from CR + FF looks indeed like an "Editable 'DIV'", like "common" in the 'tiny-mce' Editor and a few Variants, for which the 'EVENT' Mode is usually the "easiest" way to handle/fill in such a Field from iMacros... :idea:

If it doesn't work, you'll find a few Threads on the Forum about 'tiny-mce', and 'CK-Editor' (I think...?) with a Solution using some pure JS, but that Solution/Syntax is a bit "cumbersome", and it requires also some specific Syntax from iMacros (with 'URL GOTO=javascript:...') that I'm not sure if it still will work and if that Syntax is ueberhaupt still supported in v10.1.0 for CR, or v10.0.2 for FF. :idea:
(The Threads will all be a few years old, I think...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...