Chromebook and silent mode

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
OBXLL

Chromebook and silent mode

Post by OBXLL » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:33 am

Hi,

I've got an iMacros script that is working fine - it downloads a file from a weather website. I'm running it in a loop.

I'm running the free browser add-on in Chrome on a Chromebook.

Is it possible to run my setup in silent mode? The examples I see have silent mode as a switch when launching Chrome on Windows.

I can get to a crosh window, but can launch chrome from there, and not sure if the switch would work on a non-windows setup.

I'd like to run my script in the background.

Thanks,

Glenn
chivracq

Re: Chromebook and silent mode

Post by chivracq » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 am

OBXLL wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:33 am
Hi,

I've got an iMacros script that is working fine - it downloads a file from a weather website. I'm running it in a loop.

I'm running the free browser add-on in Chrome on a Chromebook.

Is it possible to run my setup in silent mode? The examples I see have silent mode as a switch when launching Chrome on Windows.

I can get to a crosh window, but can launch chrome from there, and not sure if the switch would work on a non-windows setup.

I'd like to run my script in the background.

Thanks,

Glenn

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
"I'm running the free browser add-on in Chrome on a Chromebook.", is not "precise" enough, simply mention all Versions, read my Sig...
=> iMacros for CR v10.1.0(...?) 'Free', CR87(...?), OS...?

+ I don't know/understand what a "crosh window" is, can you explain/give more Info...?

Can you post a Link/Ref to the "examples you see [that] have silent mode as a switch"...?, I'm not sure what you mean exactly, or do you mean the '-silent' and/or '-tray' Switches from the iMacros 'CLI' Syntax...?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
OBXLL

Post by OBXLL » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 am

The crosh window is similar to the command or cmd box opened up in Windows. It is text interface to run things like ping, tracepath. I don't think it will launch applications like Windows.

By switch, yes I meant -silent.
OBXLL

Post by OBXLL » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 am

OK, so I see that -silent is not available in the "free" mode.

So since I need to upgrade to Personal Edition, and Personal Edition only runs on Windows, I guess I've answered my own question.]