Record Options on Personal Edition Chrome

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mkoehler

Record Options on Personal Edition Chrome

Post by mkoehler » Fri May 14, 2021 4:31 pm

I have purchased and installed the Personal Edition. I can get the row of Record options (ie select text, etc.) when going into iMacros for IE. The site I'm using no longer allows for IE. So, I go to use the Chrome Extension. The Chrome extension though no longer has the Record options when recording. Just start, stop and screenshot. It is like I have the free version, and not the Personal Edition. I can use the read/save file as I've downloaded that, but I can't get any of the record option buttons to appear. Is this not possible. Is there something more I need to do to get them to appear? Or is there a workaround for selecting text in record mode, when IE isn't an option for the site?
chivracq

Re: Record Options on Personal Edition Chrome

Post by chivracq » Fri May 14, 2021 5:18 pm

mkoehler wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:31 pm
I have purchased and installed the Personal Edition. I can get the row of Record options (ie select text, etc.) when going into iMacros for IE. The site I'm using no longer allows for IE. So, I go to use the Chrome Extension. The Chrome extension though no longer has the Record options when recording. Just start, stop and screenshot. It is like I have the free version, and not the Personal Edition. I can use the read/save file as I've downloaded that, but I can't get any of the record option buttons to appear. Is this not possible. Is there something more I need to do to get them to appear? Or is there a workaround for selecting text in record mode, when IE isn't an option for the site?

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig..., and the Forum Rules, about what Tech Info "we" need when you open a Thread... :idea: )

=> FCI...?:
iMacros for CR v10.1.1...?, 'PE', CR90...?, OS...?
Well, "PE", => did you install the 'FIO'-Module for Local File Access...?

On iMacros for CR v10.x, the Record Options are located under 'Manage' => 'Settings' (which will open a New Tab in CR) => 'Recorder settings', where you can choose between the 3 Recording Modes available in iMacros for CR:
- 'Conventional recording mode' (= 'TAG' + 'POS' Mode).
- 'Event recording mode' (= 'EVENT' Mode).
- 'Use CSS selectors' (= 'TAG' + 'SELECTOR' Mode).

Recording Options (v10.1.1 for CR).PNG
Recording Options (v10.1.1 for CR).PNG (11.46 KiB) Viewed 1035 times
(Tested in iMacros for CR v10.1.1, 'Free', CR76, Win10_PRO_x64.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
mkoehler

Post by mkoehler » Fri May 14, 2021 5:41 pm

CR Version 10.1.1
Windows 10 x64
Personal Edition? (I have the file save/read working)
Chrome Version 90.9.4430.212

I have set the settings to what you mentioned and I'm still not seeing the record button options.

It doesn't matter what site I try to scrape, I'm not seeing those record buttons.

Any help appreciated.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 14, 2021 5:49 pm

mkoehler wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Code: Select all

CR Version 10.1.1
Windows 10 x64
Personal Edition? (I have the file save/read working)
Chrome Version 90.9.4430.212
I have set the settings to what you mentioned and I'm still not seeing the record button options.

It doesn't matter what site I try to scrape, I'm not seeing those record buttons.

Any help appreciated.

Ah...!, OK, perfect about your FCI..., Thanks...! :D

Then, hum..., if you go from the iMacros Side Panel with 'Manage' => 'Settings', don't you get the New Tab opened in the Browser about the 'iMacros Settings'...?

Or you can open yourself a New Tab manually and copy the following URL in the Address-Bar:

Code: Select all

chrome-extension://cplklnmnlbnpmjogncfgfijoopmnlemp/options.html
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
mkoehler

Post by mkoehler » Fri May 14, 2021 6:44 pm

Here are my settings, what I currently have in IE (what I want) and what I have in Chrome.
Attachments
Screenshot (240).png
Screenshot (240).png (11.39 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
Screenshot (239).png
Screenshot (238).png
Screenshot (238).png (41.11 KiB) Viewed 1025 times
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 14, 2021 8:02 pm

mkoehler wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:44 pm
Here are my settings, what I currently have in IE (what I want) and what I have in Chrome.

Well, I'm not "completely sure" I understand what the Pb is..., the first 2 Screenshots look "normal" to me, and related to iMacros for CR, the 3rd one at the bottom, I don't know/recognize the Interface, but I guess that's the one related to iMacros for IE, v12.6, I reckon...(?)

And I don't know those 4 Icons, with a double Square, a Rectangle with 2 Pyramids and a Sun, an Eye or a fried Egg :? , and some thick Dot with 2 Circles, and + a large blue Question Mark, but maybe that's what you meant with "the row of Record options (ie select text, etc.)".

I don't know what those 4 Icons (are supposed to) do, but if they are for some "automatic" 'EXTRACT' Mode when recording a Script, then nope..., that Functionality doesn't exist in iMacros for CR (nor FF), you need to manually edit your Script to add the "EXTRACT=TXT" / "EXTRACT=HREF" / etc at the end of each 'TAG' Statement recorded for which you want to add the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism...