Record Options on Personal Edition Chrome

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mkoehler

Record Options on Personal Edition Chrome

Post by mkoehler » Fri May 14, 2021 4:31 pm

I have purchased and installed the Personal Edition. I can get the row of Record options (ie select text, etc.) when going into iMacros for IE. The site I'm using no longer allows for IE. So, I go to use the Chrome Extension. The Chrome extension though no longer has the Record options when recording. Just start, stop and screenshot. It is like I have the free version, and not the Personal Edition. I can use the read/save file as I've downloaded that, but I can't get any of the record option buttons to appear. Is this not possible. Is there something more I need to do to get them to appear? Or is there a workaround for selecting text in record mode, when IE isn't an option for the site?
chivracq

Re: Record Options on Personal Edition Chrome

Post by chivracq » Fri May 14, 2021 5:18 pm

mkoehler wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:31 pm
I have purchased and installed the Personal Edition. I can get the row of Record options (ie select text, etc.) when going into iMacros for IE. The site I'm using no longer allows for IE. So, I go to use the Chrome Extension. The Chrome extension though no longer has the Record options when recording. Just start, stop and screenshot. It is like I have the free version, and not the Personal Edition. I can use the read/save file as I've downloaded that, but I can't get any of the record option buttons to appear. Is this not possible. Is there something more I need to do to get them to appear? Or is there a workaround for selecting text in record mode, when IE isn't an option for the site?

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig..., and the Forum Rules, about what Tech Info "we" need when you open a Thread... :idea: )

=> FCI...?:
iMacros for CR v10.1.1...?, 'PE', CR90...?, OS...?
Well, "PE", => did you install the 'FIO'-Module for Local File Access...?

On iMacros for CR v10.x, the Record Options are located under 'Manage' => 'Settings' (which will open a New Tab in CR) => 'Recorder settings', where you can choose between the 3 Recording Modes available in iMacros for CR:
- 'Conventional recording mode' (= 'TAG' + 'POS' Mode).
- 'Event recording mode' (= 'EVENT' Mode).
- 'Use CSS selectors' (= 'TAG' + 'SELECTOR' Mode).

Recording Options (v10.1.1 for CR).PNG
Recording Options (v10.1.1 for CR).PNG (11.46 KiB) Viewed 6469 times
(Tested in iMacros for CR v10.1.1, 'Free', CR76, Win10_PRO_x64.)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
mkoehler

Post by mkoehler » Fri May 14, 2021 5:41 pm

CR Version 10.1.1
Windows 10 x64
Personal Edition? (I have the file save/read working)
Chrome Version 90.9.4430.212

I have set the settings to what you mentioned and I'm still not seeing the record button options.

It doesn't matter what site I try to scrape, I'm not seeing those record buttons.

Any help appreciated.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 14, 2021 5:49 pm

mkoehler wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:41 pm

Code: Select all

CR Version 10.1.1
Windows 10 x64
Personal Edition? (I have the file save/read working)
Chrome Version 90.9.4430.212
I have set the settings to what you mentioned and I'm still not seeing the record button options.

It doesn't matter what site I try to scrape, I'm not seeing those record buttons.

Any help appreciated.

Ah...!, OK, perfect about your FCI..., Thanks...! :D

Then, hum..., if you go from the iMacros Side Panel with 'Manage' => 'Settings', don't you get the New Tab opened in the Browser about the 'iMacros Settings'...?

Or you can open yourself a New Tab manually and copy the following URL in the Address-Bar:

Code: Select all

chrome-extension://cplklnmnlbnpmjogncfgfijoopmnlemp/options.html
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
mkoehler

Post by mkoehler » Fri May 14, 2021 6:44 pm

Here are my settings, what I currently have in IE (what I want) and what I have in Chrome.
Attachments
Screenshot (240).png
Screenshot (240).png (11.39 KiB) Viewed 6459 times
Screenshot (239).png
Screenshot (238).png
Screenshot (238).png (41.11 KiB) Viewed 6459 times
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 14, 2021 8:02 pm

mkoehler wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:44 pm
Here are my settings, what I currently have in IE (what I want) and what I have in Chrome.

Well, I'm not "completely sure" I understand what the Pb is..., the first 2 Screenshots look "normal" to me, and related to iMacros for CR, the 3rd one at the bottom, I don't know/recognize the Interface, but I guess that's the one related to iMacros for IE, v12.6, I reckon...(?)

And I don't know those 4 Icons, with a double Square, a Rectangle with 2 Pyramids and a Sun, an Eye or a fried Egg :? , and some thick Dot with 2 Circles, and + a large blue Question Mark, but maybe that's what you meant with "the row of Record options (ie select text, etc.)".

I don't know what those 4 Icons (are supposed to) do, but if they are for some "automatic" 'EXTRACT' Mode when recording a Script, then nope..., that Functionality doesn't exist in iMacros for CR (nor FF), you need to manually edit your Script to add the "EXTRACT=TXT" / "EXTRACT=HREF" / etc at the end of each 'TAG' Statement recorded for which you want to add the 'EXTRACT' Mechanism...