Clicking button in #shadow-root

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rouskisroup

Clicking button in #shadow-root

Post by rouskisroup » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:05 am

Hello,
I am trying to click a button, which is not an original part of the website but it is added instead of another original button by chrome addon. When I try to inspect the HTML tree, I am able to find the element and its ID, but when I try to click the specific ID with iMacros it gets stuck because it cannot find any element with that ID. It seems like the iMacros search in the original HTML tree, not in the modified. Is there any way to force iMacro search in the modified? I tried relative positioning but did not manage to click the button either.

I atached the code example from chrome inspector.
imacro.png
imacro.png (8.01 KiB) Viewed 4500 times
chivracq

Re: Clicking button in #shadow-root

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:13 pm

rouskisroup wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:05 am
Hello,
I am trying to click a button, which is not an original part of the website but it is added instead of another original button by chrome addon. When I try to inspect the HTML tree, I am able to find the element and its ID, but when I try to click the specific ID with iMacros it gets stuck because it cannot find any element with that ID. It seems like the iMacros search in the original HTML tree, not in the modified. Is there any way to force iMacro search in the modified? I tried relative positioning but did not manage to click the button either.

I atached the code example from chrome inspector.
imacro.png

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for CR v10.1.1...?, 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial'...?, CR92...?, OS...?

+ Name/Link for this CR Extension...?

Hum, no Script/no URL posted, then "we" can't see how you tried to tag that Button..., but I don't think your Assumption ("It seems like the iMacros search in the original HTML tree, not in the modified.") is correct, but I would need to do some Testing myself to verify that..., as I didn't know this "#shadow-root" Construction...

Easy for you to check yourself already, is if iMacros is able to record "stg" when interacting with/clicking on that Button, using the 'TAG' Mode, but also with the 'EVENT' Mode. :idea:
Again, no Script posted, then I cannot "see" your '!TIMEOUT_xxx' Settings, but that could play a Role, same with a mini-'WAIT' Statement...

+ Also see if some 'EXTRACT=HTM' on some/the Containing 'DIV' Element (I'm not retyping its/their Name(s)/ID(s)/Class(es) from your Screenshot, would be more "practical" if you included the inner/outerHTML of that/those Element(s) in plain Text, also easier to find this Thread for other Users, rather than (just) a Screenshot :idea: ) to see if it contains that '#shadow-root' Data and Sub-Elements... :idea:
=> Depending on what Data will be included in the 'EXTRACT=HTM', that will tell you if iMacros "should" be able to "see" any Element(s) inside... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
tillkieber

Post by tillkieber » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:12 pm

Any Solution for this Problem yet? I have the exact same Problem :(
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:35 pm

tillkieber wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:12 pm
Any Solution for this Problem yet? I have the exact same Problem :(

Yeah, well, @OP didn't follow up at all, then consider the Thread "yours", and improve the "Quality" of this Thread by posting a full/standalone Post like if you were starting the Thread, mentioning your FCI and including Answers to all Qt's I previously asked in my 1st Reply... :idea:

Low Quality Thread (+ No Follow-up), => I don't do any "Digging" in a Thread... Simple...! :|

@tillkieber, the Quality in your 1st/previous Thread ("Proxy Tag does not take server name") had been "perfect" (even if the Follow-up was a bit "sloooow"...), => Reason I had done some extended Digging and Testing for you in that Thread... :idea:

>>>

And hum, be aware that the Forum Email Notifications don't seem to work "at the moment", @TechSup aware and investigating... :!:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...