auto refresh of page when live stream freezes

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Katip

auto refresh of page when live stream freezes

Post by Katip » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:32 am

Hello, I searched a lot but couldn't find it. I will be glad if you help. https://ustvgo.tv/msnbc/ freezes from time to time while watching this live stream. I need the code to avoid this. I want the page to auto refresh with f5 when the live stream freezes. There is no warning that the live stream is frozen. buffering only. If code like this cannot be written, I found another alternative. Stream audio turns off when the live stream freezes. If the sound is muted, imacros needs to be refreshed with f5. That's what I thought, but I couldn't write code. I would be very happy if anyone can help.
chivracq

Re: auto refresh of page when live stream freezes

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:40 pm

Katip wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:32 am
Hello, I searched a lot but couldn't find it. I will be glad if you help. https://ustvgo.tv/msnbc/ freezes from time to time while watching this live stream. I need the code to avoid this. I want the page to auto refresh with f5 when the live stream freezes. There is no warning that the live stream is frozen. buffering only. If code like this cannot be written, I found another alternative. Stream audio turns off when the live stream freezes. If the sound is muted, imacros needs to be refreshed with f5. That's what I thought, but I couldn't write code. I would be very happy if anyone can help.

I moved the Thread to the 'Data Extraction' Sub-Forum... The 'General' Sub-Forum would also have been "correct", but this Thread has nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum where it was originally opened, especially if FCI is not even mentioned... :!:

=> (F)CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig..., and the Forum Rules..., for some Tech Info to include in your OP when you open a Thread...)

>>>

And hum..., I'm "not sure" iMacros will be able to help with your Scenario, as I would think iMacros will only "see" the HTML Video Container as just one HTML "Object", like it does with 'Flash' Objects for example, but the "Content" (=> the Live Stream in this Case) is not accessible to iMacros and is probably handled by some Browser Plugin...
Maybe-maybe-maybe..., some Attribute or "external" Property for this Container will be modified on the fly when the Video or Audio Stream freezes, and iMacros might be able to access/extract it from the HTML Source of the whole Webpage, I don't know really, I would need to do some Testing/Digging...

But hum..., I cannot "really" do some Testing on Video Sites as I only have some (monthly) limited/metered Internet Connection and Video Content uses "too much" Data for me... :(
But, hum-hum..., you might be a bit lucky, today is the 29th of the Month, and I think I still have 1 or 2Gb left from my Data Package for this Month for the last 2 Days until the 1st of the Month so I might be able to do some "quick Testing"..., if you follow up a bit "on time" and improve the Quality of your Thread, by mentioning your FCI, etc...

Another "possible" Option, but I don't know exactly how Buffering works with Browsers and Video Sites, I reckon the Browser is first kind of downloading some Data locally and it might be possible from iMacros to "monitor" that "local Data/File" and to monitor the Size of that File which must "normally" constantly be changing, I would think... I don't know, again I would need to do some Testing/Digging to "understand" how this whole works... :twisted:

A bit on the same Principle, but not from iMacros as iMacros is "mostly" meant for Web-Automation in the Browser, would be to use a Firewall with RT Monitoring (RT = Real Time), I use for example 'GlassWire' as Firewall (the 'Free' Version) which has excellent RT Monitoring on Data Consumption per App/Program and for the/each Browser even per URL/IP (Server) and even per Protocol, but that Monitoring Info is displayed in some "propriatory" App/Interface (at least on Win10, my OS) that some other Automation Tool at the OS Level like 'AutoIt' for example would be able to access and monitor, => again on the Size of the Entry corresponding to the Site/Stream, but iMacros wouldn't be able to help, unless that Firewall Data can also be displayed in a/the Browser... Browsers are very flexible File Viewers, they are able to open and "view"/play many-many different File Formats, not only '.html' Files...! 8) :twisted:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Katip

Post by Katip » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:06 pm

thank you so much. I will be waiting for your message
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed 2 Levels of unnecessary Quoting for Readability...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:39 pm

Katip wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:06 pm

I edited your Reply to remove 2 Levels of unnecessary Quoting for Readability, you don't need to quote yourself again, and you didn't "really" react to anything I mentioned or asked you..., so there is no "need" to thank me (yet), I am the one "waiting" for some Info from you... :!: :?

=> I asked you to read the Forum Rules and to mention your FCI...! :roll:
I usually don't answer a Thread if FCI is not mentioned, and I certainly don't do any Testing/Digging for the User... :idea:

>>>

And hum..., I'm really not sure I will have some Time (and Energy) to do any Testing for this Thread tomorrow, 22h left on the last Day of the Month and therefore last Day of my Internet Data Package , if I have some Data left to "spend" on your Video Site, after I've run some Win-Update and updated a few Progs on my Laptop... I'm currently moving between 2 Apartments and I'm rather "busy" during the Day, and pretty tired in the Evening... :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
Katip

Post by Katip » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:52 pm

chivracq wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:39 pm
Katip wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:06 pm

I edited your Reply to remove 2 Levels of unnecessary Quoting for Readability, you don't need to quote yourself again, and you didn't "really" react to anything I mentioned or asked you..., so there is no "need" to thank me (yet), I am the one "waiting" for some Info from you... :!: :?

=> I asked you to read the Forum Rules and to mention your FCI...! :roll:
I usually don't answer a Thread if FCI is not mentioned, and I certainly don't do any Testing/Digging for the User... :idea:

>>>

And hum..., I'm really not sure I will have some Time (and Energy) to do any Testing for this Thread tomorrow, 22h left on the last Day of the Month and therefore last Day of my Internet Data Package , if I have some Data left to "spend" on your Video Site, after I've run some Win-Update and updated a few Progs on my Laptop... I'm currently moving between 2 Apartments and I'm rather "busy" during the Day, and pretty tired in the Evening... :|
oh sorry, okey, i use chrome 94.0.4606.61 (64 bit) and i use imacros chrome extension. my operating system win 10 and turkish
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:04 am

Katip wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:52 pm
oh sorry, okey, i use

Code: Select all

chrome 94.0.4606.61 (64 bit) and i use imacros chrome extension. my operating system win 10 and turkish

Hum, again, you don't need to quote yourself again... But OK, don't worry, I will "clean up" the Thread "at the end"...

>>>

Alright, we "nearly" have your FCI...:
"chrome 94.0.4606.61 (64 bit) and i use imacros chrome extension. my operating system win 10 and turkish"

But hum, the iMacros Version is still missing, => will be v10.1.1 for CR, I reckon...?
+ 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial'...?
('PE' = 'Personal Edition')
Katip

Post by Katip » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:11 am

yes i using 10.1.1 and PE
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:24 am

Katip wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:11 am
yes i using 10.1.1 and PE

OK, finally, good...! Thanks... :D

=> FCI:

iMacros for CR v10.1.1, 'PE', CR v94.0.4606.61 (64 bit), Win10_x64 (Turkish).
OK, I will add that Info to your OP if you don't add it yourself (preferably at the complete Top of the Thread), this is the very first Info "we" (Advanced Users and @TechSup) need to know before reading/answering a Thread...

And I'll "see" if I have some Time (and Energy...!) to have a Look at this Site, tomorrow... :wink:
Hum, and some "stupid Qt" maybe, is there a Way to "force" a Freeze...?, as I certainly won't be able to watch whatever for Hours, waiting for the Live Stream to freeze, ah-ah...! (And I "hope" also the Site doesn't require any Login and Password...)
Katip

Post by Katip » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:05 pm

chivracq wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:24 am

OK, finally, good...! Thanks... :D

=> FCI:

iMacros for CR v10.1.1, 'PE', CR v94.0.4606.61 (64 bit), Win10_x64 (Turkish).
OK, I will add that Info to your OP if you don't add it yourself (preferably at the complete Top of the Thread), this is the very first Info "we" (Advanced Users and @TechSup) need to know before reading/answering a Thread...

And I'll "see" if I have some Time (and Energy...!) to have a Look at this Site, tomorrow... :wink:
Hum, and some "stupid Qt" maybe, is there a Way to "force" a Freeze...?, as I certainly won't be able to watch whatever for Hours, waiting for the Live Stream to freeze, ah-ah...! (And I "hope" also the Site doesn't require any Login and Password...)
Hello again, Any progress? :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Katip wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:05 pm
Hello again, Any progress? :)

"Any progress?"
=> Ah-ah...!, I'm the one usually asking that Qt, ah-ah...! :? :P

But OK, from "my Side", => nope, no "Progress", I had said I would try to have a look, if I had some 'Time + Energy", and some Data left from my Internet Connection/Provider, in the few hours I had until the end of the month, once you finally had mentioned your FCI, but nope, I didn't have any Time, I'm busy moving between 2 Apartments I had mentioned, + no Data left either, got completely eaten by some Windows Update, + that same day also, turned out that the Forum stopped "working" for me, + several other Sites I use, (and many-many Thousands on "the whole Internet" as well...! :shock: ), due to some Certificate that expired, so I first had to "solve" that, or at least find some Workaround, and Site by Site..., => so, no Chance for your Thread, ah-ah...! :|
=> Maybe at the end of this month again (Octb 2021), with the same Conditions about Internet Data... :wink:

But hum, I can also ask you "Any Progress...?", => I mentioned several Paths to explore about your Scenario/Thread, but you didn't try anything, or at least react to any of the Suggs I made... :idea: