Replaying a specific recorded action doesn't return results

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Thrilling

Replaying a specific recorded action doesn't return results

Post by Thrilling » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:03 pm

Hi,

I'm using iMacros VERSION BUILD=1011 on Chrome 100.0.4896.60 64bit on Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

I'm having trouble with a dropdrown menu. When I record inputting data into it and replay that macro, it returns an error message and no results. The Dropdown menu is buried behind four pages of necessary data inputs, so I'll try to describe it as best I can:

It looks like this:
-----------------------------
1.jpg
1.jpg (11.52 KiB) Viewed 4482 times

Clicking in it looks like this, you can select different countries:
2.jpg

You can narrow the results by typing letters into the field:
3.jpg

Once you select an option (you can either select an option by clicking it, or by hitting enter when the background is blue behind it), it looks like this:
(i think i can't upload more than 3 pictures, so i'll post it as a link:)
https://imgur.com/6rRRIES

You can input several countries in that field, one after the other.

Recording clicking into the field and selecting the first country by mouse:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTAN
Replaying that Macro gives me a 6 second waiting time and then the following error message:
RuntimeError: element LI specified by TXT:AFGHANISTAN was not found, line: 2

Recording clicking into the field, typing in "ger" to narrow the results, then clicking "germany" with the mouse:

TAG POS=14 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:VisaDetails ATTR=* CONTENT=ger
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:GERMANY
Replaying the code: Error message:
RuntimeError: element LI specified by TXT:GERMANY was not found, line: 2

Recording selecting 5 countries one afther the other:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTAN
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:ALGERIA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTANALGERIA
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:ANDORRA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTANALGERIAANDORRA
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:ANGUILLA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTANALGERIAANDORRAANGUILLA
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:ANTIGUA<SP>AND<SP>BARBUDA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTANALGERIAANDORRAANGUILLAANTIGUA<SP>AND<SP>BARBUDA
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:AMERICAN<SP>SAMOA

Is there any way I can make iMacros work here?

Thanks for any help
chivracq

Re: Replaying a specific recorded action doesn't return results

Post by chivracq » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:00 pm

Thrilling wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:03 pm
Hi,

I'm using

iMacros VERSION BUILD=1011 on Chrome  100.0.4896.60 64bit on Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
I'm having trouble with a dropdrown menu. When I record inputting data into it and replay that macro, it returns an error message and no results. The Dropdown menu is buried behind four pages of necessary data inputs, so I'll try to describe it as best I can:

It looks like this:
1.jpg

Clicking in it looks like this, you can select different countries:
2.jpg

You can narrow the results by typing letters into the field:
3.jpg

Once you select an option (you can either select an option by clicking it, or by hitting enter when the background is blue behind it), it looks like this:
(i think i can't upload more than 3 pictures, so i'll post it as a link:)
https://imgur.com/6rRRIES

You can input several countries in that field, one after the other.

Recording clicking into the field and selecting the first country by mouse:

Replaying that Macro gives me a 6 second waiting time and then the following error message:

Recording clicking into the field, typing in "ger" to narrow the results, then clicking "germany" with the mouse:

TAG POS=14 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:VisaDetails ATTR=* CONTENT=ger
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:GERMANY
RuntimeError: element LI specified by TXT:GERMANY was not found, line: 2

Recording selecting 5 countries one afther the other:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTAN
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:ALGERIA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTANALGERIA
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:ANDORRA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTANALGERIAANDORRA
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:ANGUILLA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTANALGERIAANDORRAANGUILLA
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:ANTIGUA<SP>AND<SP>BARBUDA
TAG POS=1 TYPE=UL ATTR=TXT:AFGHANISTANALGERIAANDORRAANGUILLAANTIGUA<SP>AND<SP>BARBUDA
TAG POS=2 TYPE=LI ATTR=TXT:AMERICAN<SP>SAMOA

Is there any way I can make iMacros work here?

Thanks for any help

"Nice" to see you back on the Forum, I remember your last Thread, which had been quite "interesting", ah-ah...! :wink:

FCI mentioned, very good, but 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial' is still missing about your v10.1.1 for CR Version...?

And I would think the Thread has probably nothing "really" specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, I'll move it "eventually" to the 'General' one...

And you've indeed edited your OP to upload all Screenshots directly to the Thread/Forum, without using any external Pix Hosting Site, like mentioned in the Forum Rules, and this 'imgur' Site is a complete PITA anyway, (in my PM26 Browser), constantly nagging about "Cookies" and "We value your Privacy" etc..., and I only get a Black Screen..., the Source "used to" contain some "parallel"/fall-back '.jpg' or '.png' Picture meant for 'Twitter', until a few weeks ago at least, but not anymore apparently... :? , so I can only see the first 3 Screenshots that have been uploaded to the Thread... :(

Hum..., I don't/didn't know about a Limitation for Max 3 Attachments/Uploads, there is a Max Size Limit (about 256Kb), per Attachment, but the "biggest" of the 3 is "only" 36Kb, so you are far below the Size Limit... :o
=> Then hum..., post/upload maybe the 4th Screenshot in an extra Post, I would say... :idea:

>>>

But OK, even without the 4th Screenshot, I think I already have "a clear picture" of your Scenario and the Behaviour/Issue... :twisted: 8)

The "Thing" is, that the 'Countries visited in Last 10 years' DDLB + Search Box gets dynamically populated upon starting to type the first Char(s) for the DDLB Entries/Countries, and the `TAG` Mode has always had "Difficulties" with that kind of HTML Elements and Dynamic DDLB's, and the "best/most reliable Solution" is usually to use the `EVENT` Mode for such Elements...

+ Also when using/recording with the `EVENT` Mode, apart from a first Click with the Mouse to select/click inside the Input Field (and that recorded 'CLICK' Statement is actually not really needed and can be commented out), to "keep using" the Keyboard after typing "ger" (for "Germany"), and to use the Keyboard 'Arrow Down' (or the 'Tab' Key) + 'Enter' for the Selection, rather than using the Mouse. :idea:

But hum..., "ger" + 1x 'Arrow Down' will work for "Germany", but "ira" for example would need 1x 'Arrow Down' for "Irak" and 2x for "Iran", => 3 Chars might not be enough to make sure the Result(s) always narrow down to only 1 Entry in the DDLB... :!:

And I'm not sure further about the Multiple Selection, you probably need some 'Ctrl^Click', I'm not sure how to get the "same Result/Functionality" with Keyboard Actions (instead of Mouse Actions), you will need to "experiment" a bit, no URL posted, I cannot have a Look myself...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Thrilling

Post by Thrilling » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:56 pm

Hi Chivracq, nice to hear from you too, glad to see you're still active, you've always been a huge help!
FCI mentioned, very good, but 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial' is still missing about your v10.1.1 for CR Version...?
I've copied the first line from a recorded macro, it's all it says. I'm using a paid version
=> Then hum..., post/upload maybe the 4th Screenshot in an extra Post, I would say... :idea:
Here's the fourth picture I couldnt post before:
----------------
4.jpg
----------------
you will need to "experiment" a bit, no URL posted, I cannot have a Look myself...
This dropdown menu is buried behind several mandatory data pages, so its a hassle to get there. It's the official website to apply for an e-Visa for India
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
then click "apply here for eVisa " on the bottom left. Now you have to fill out the data pages until you reach the following URL:
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/VisaDetails
This is where the dropdown menu is located. In case you could use it I've decided to record two macros with bogus data to help you reach it:
execute this after you clicked "apply here for evisa":

VERSION BUILD=1011 RECORDER=CR
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=ID:nationality_id CONTENT=%DEU
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=ID:ppt_type_id CONTENT=%1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=ID:missioncode_id CONTENT=%I004
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=ID:dob_id CONTENT=17/09/1987
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=ID:email_id CONTENT=test@gmail.com
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=ID:email_re_id CONTENT=test@gmail.com
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=ID:visa_ser_id CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=NAME:evisa_purpose_31
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=ID:read_instructions_check CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:Registration_form ATTR=ID:jouryney_id CONTENT=20/07/2022
accept the popup, click anywhere fot the calendar to disappear and enter in the captcha. Then hit continue and press OK on the popup.
On the next page, execute this, It'll fill in one page, hit continue, and fill in the next page and hit continue:

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:surname CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:givenName CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Applicant<SP>Details<SP>Surname<SP>(exactly<SP>as<SP>in<SP>y*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:gender CONTENT=%M
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:birth_place CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:country_birth CONTENT=%DEU
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:nic_number CONTENT=na
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:religion CONTENT=%CHRISTIAN
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:identity_marks CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:education CONTENT=%GRADUATE
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:nationality_by CONTENT=%BY<SP>BIRTH
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:refer_flag1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Did<SP>you<SP>acquire<SP>Nationality<SP>by<SP>birth<SP>or*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:passport_no CONTENT=234234234
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:passport_issue_place CONTENT=edadwadw
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:passport_issue_date CONTENT=01/01/2020
TAG POS=16 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:passport_expiry_date CONTENT=01/01/2030
TAG POS=16 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:other_ppt_2
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:BasicDetails ATTR=ID:continue

wait seconds=7

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:pres_add1 CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:pres_add2 CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:pres_country CONTENT=%DEU
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:pres_add3 CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:pincode CONTENT=234234
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:pres_phone CONTENT=345345345345
TAG POS=12 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:sameAddress_id CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:fthrname CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:father_nationality CONTENT=%DEU
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:father_place_of_birth CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:father_country_of_birth CONTENT=%DEU
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:mother_name CONTENT=asdasdad
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:mother_nationality CONTENT=%DEU
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:mother_place_of_birth CONTENT=asdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:mother_country_of_birth CONTENT=%DEU
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:marital_status CONTENT=%1
TAG POS=2 TYPE=DIV ATTR=TXT:Nationality/Region<SP>Select<SP>Nationality<SP>AFGHANISTAN*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:grandparent_flag2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:occupation CONTENT=%CHARITY/SOCIAL<SP>WORKER
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:empname CONTENT=asdasdad
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:empaddress CONTENT=asdasdasd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:prev_org2
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:FamilyDetails ATTR=ID:continue
+Also when using/recording with the `EVENT` Mode, apart from a first Click with the Mouse to select/click inside the Input Field (and that recorded 'CLICK' Statement is actually not really needed and can be commented out), to "keep using" the Keyboard after typing "ger" (for "Germany"), and to use the Keyboard 'Arrow Down' (or the 'Tab' Key) + 'Enter' for the Selection, rather than using the Mouse. But hum..., "ger" + 1x 'Arrow Down' will work for "Germany", but "ira" for example would need 1x 'Arrow Down' for "Irak" and 2x for "Iran", => 3 Chars might not be enough to make sure the Result(s) always narrow down to only 1 Entry in the DDLB... :!:
So: I click the field, i enter in "germany" (the selection Germany becomes highlighted) I then hit enter. This is the code:

EVENT TYPE=MOUSEUP POINT="(806,963)"
wait seconds=2
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI>INPUT" BUTTON=0
wait seconds=2
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI>INPUT" CHARS="germany"
wait seconds=2
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>DIV>UL>LI" BUTTON=0
I added some timers to see what's happening: Problem: when executing the macro, the dropbox does not react to the line "germany" in the field, it doesn't narrow the search. So the result is, that it inputs "Afghanistan" (the first selection in the list). (At least it finds something at all, so thats already an improvement!)
And I'm not sure further about the Multiple Selection, you probably need some 'Ctrl^Click', I'm not sure how to get the "same Result/Functionality" with Keyboard Actions (instead of Mouse Actions), you will need to "experiment" a bit, no URL posted, I cannot have a Look myself...
CTRL+Click works in putting in several countries. But it is also possible just reclicking into the dropdown menu and doing a second search and selecting something, then a third and so on. Recording that looks like this:

EVENT TYPE=MOUSEUP POINT="(891,966)"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI>INPUT" CHARS="ger"
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI>INPUT" KEY=13
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="sweden"
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI:nth-of-type(3)>INPUT" CHARS="ireland"
As before though, the menu isn't working right when executing the macro
Thrilling

Post by Thrilling » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:15 pm

I've experimented some more but I'm not progressing, since the dropdown menu isn't recognizing the search input if its done by a macro. I also can't substitute it by using "down arrow" until the country is selected, since, once a country is selected in the list, it becomes unselectable, and the amount of "down arrow" presses needed for other countries changes

Is there just no solution to this? Do you need any more information i could give that would help?

Thanks for any help
Thrilling

Post by Thrilling » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:47 pm

i've found a solution: Typing into the field doesn't activate the search function. Pasting in information, on the other hand, does!

So what I'm doing now is making the macro type the country into the field (ger for germany), mark everything with CTRL+A, Copy it with CTRL+C, delete it with backspace, paste the just copied info with CTRL+V. Now the search is working, so I can hit enter. This also works when having to input more than one country:

EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI>INPUT" CHARS="ger"
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI>INPUT" KEY=65 MODIFIERS="ctrl"
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI>INPUT" KEY=67 MODIFIERS="ctrl"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI>INPUT" KEYS="[8,86]" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI>INPUT" KEYS="[40,13]"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" CHARS="japan"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" KEYS="[17,65]" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" KEY=67 MODIFIERS="ctrl"
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" KEYS="[8,86]" MODIFIERS="ctrl"
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#country_visited_chosen>UL>LI:nth-of-type(2)>INPUT" KEY=13
Thanks for the first post, Chivraq, it helped me get into the right direction. I assume you're on vacation or something ;)