Suggestions

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
BloodyT

Suggestions

Post by BloodyT » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:24 am

I really like your program, heres a few suggestions to improve it:
the blue card and gear thing is just a waste of space, along with the message box, that says: (idle, playing, recording)
Instead of having that message box, you could add a "glow" to the play button, while its playing, same with record

I would also like the ability to store the macros files in a folder of my choice.
and a toolstrip for editing macros, although im pretty sure thats already in your premium version ;)
Tech Support

Re: Suggestions

Post by Tech Support » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks for the useful feedback!
the blue card and gear thing is just a waste of space, along with the message box, that says: (idle, playing, recording). Instead of having that message box, you could add a "glow" to the play button, while its playing, same with record
The "idle/play/rec" status box will disappear in a later version, we agree that it takes too much space. I like the idea of the "glowing" buttons, we will see if that can be done!

I am unsure if the iMacros icon itself should be removed. What do others think? Maybe we can make that customizable.
I would also like the ability to store the macros files in a folder of my choice.
This is already possible: If you store the macros in other folders other then the /iMacros folder, then they will not be displayed in the mole dialog, but you can access (play, edit) them directly from the bookmarks menu:
Play iMacros via the mole dialog or directly via the bookmark editor of Chrome.
Play iMacros via the mole dialog or directly via the bookmark editor of Chrome.
300px-Manage_imacros.png (127.8 KiB) Viewed 4360 times
and a toolstrip for editing macros, although im pretty sure thats already in your premium version ;)
Hmm, I am not sure what you mean with "toolstrip"? There is already a (simple) build in editor available. We plan to integrate the powerful, EditArea based editor with syntax highlighting as soon as we fixed the bugs (so far it simply does not work with Chrome). This will be the same editor that we already use in iMacros for Firefox.
BloodyT

Re: Suggestions

Post by BloodyT » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:32 am

Ok sounds good, thats what i meant by toolstrip, just some of the more common things, made into buttons

@Store Macros Elsewhere
I was aware that you could add them to other folders, but that doesnt stop the iMacros program from creating a new iMacros folder, in your root bookmarks directory, rather it could just save the macros it creates directly onto the bookmarks bar, rather than creating a new folder every time its deleted

Im not sure its possible, but making the macros element based, rather than link based so it can find buttons, on similar pages, even without matching urls (i read that can be done already?, but requires manually editing the scripts)