Suggestion: DirectScreen Technology

Discussions and Tech Support related to the iMacros Google Chrome extension.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kng33

Suggestion: DirectScreen Technology

Post by kng33 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:27 am

I love Google Chrome and your iMacros for Chrome extensions is impressive. While using it thus far for Browser Automation I have run into server side authentication issues. The macro runs well for a few minutes but then fails when the authentication ID changes. I would very much like to see DirectScreen Technology developed so mouse clicks could be the work-around for the authentication issues. Seems like adding this would expand the use of this app extension tremendously.

WAIT SECONDS=1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:app16421175101_form_4b6672b0d03894108b795 ATTR=VALUE:Flight<SP>Number
vs
WAIT SECONDS=1
CLICK X=610 Y=423
red denotes authentication ID
Keep up the good work.
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: Suggestion: DirectScreen Technology

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:54 am

Hello,

We are very glad that you like iMacros technology! :)

Currently DirectScreen is only available in iMacros Scripting Edition, iMacros PRO Edition and iMacros Power Surfer
(IE Add-on). You can compare those editions and download a fully functional 30 day trial verison at http://iopus.com/imacros/compare/

But in this particular case you can fix the problem even without DirectScreen, by using the wildcard characters:
http://wiki.imacros.net/Form_Filling#Wildcards

Basically you simply need to replace the variable part of the ID with *, which will result in something similar to:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ID:app16421175101_form_* ATTR=VALUE:Flight<SP>Number
Hope this helps! Please let us know if you need more help.
Daniel, iOpus Support