iMacros Component: VS 2010 Build Automation

Discussions and Tech Support related to using the iMacros Component for .NET in your applications.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
BGood

iMacros Component: VS 2010 Build Automation

Post by BGood » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:52 pm

After installing the iMacros component trial download, and adding a project reference to the iMacros.Component.dll, the subordinate dlls need to be manually copied to the target build directory. For "Debug" compilation of my application project, this target is .../Bin/Debug.

Why do I have to manually copy the subordinate dlls to the target directory? Visual studio will not let me add them as references, perhaps because they are called by the component, and the copy property is "Copy always" for each subordinate dll. But they are never copied automatically. I have to copy them manually.
Marcia, Tech Support

Re: iMacros Component: VS 2010 Build Automation

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 am

Hello,

The mentioned DLLs are runtime dependencies of iMacros itself. These libraries are not .net assemblies. They are not supposed to be added as references to your project.

As explained in the readme.txt file, which you find in the component zip archive, the auxiliary libraries should be copied to the folder where your application's executable is. iMacros.Component.dll will look for them in its local directory during runtime.

I hope this answers your question.
Regards,

Marcia