Disabled Tabbed Browsing

Discussions and Tech Support related to using the iMacros Component for .NET in your applications.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dynamx

Disabled Tabbed Browsing

Post by dynamx » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Is there anyway to disable tabbed browsing? Example: if a popup opens it causes a new tab to open and i would like to block that. Yes i have IE's tabbed browsing setting turned off (but of course that doesn't affect my imacros app) and popup blocking turned on, but some pops still get through I can't have it messing with my iMacros session.
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: Disabled Tabbed Browsing

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi,

Well, this job is to be done by a pop-up blocker. If opening pop-ups is webpage's normal behavior, iMacros won't constrain it.
Of course you can then close the opened tabs with iMacros using the TAB command.

Best regadrs,
Daniel, iOpus Support
Daniel, Tech Support

Re: Disabled Tabbed Browsing

Post by Daniel, Tech Support » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:04 pm

P.S. What if you try iMacros IE add-on?
Daniel, iOpus Support