License Issues - 2015

Discussions and Tech Support related to using the iMacros Component for .NET in your applications.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
tomficke

License Issues - 2015

Post by tomficke » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:38 pm

The iMacros .NET Component that is downloaded from the imacros web site stopped working on Jan 1 2015.

We had an application in development that was using this iMacros Component and ever since Jan 1 we get the following error:

A valid license cannot be granted for the type iMacros.Component.iMacrosControl. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.; Exception Stack: at iMacros.Component.iMacrosControl.Create(String licenseKey)

This is the same for the two latest iMacro WebComponent Download (April 2014, Sept 2014). Both iMacro Delivered projects throw the same exception.

Anyone else seeing this issue with the iMacros WebComponent?
naspe84

Re: License Issues - 2015

Post by naspe84 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:04 am

I faced the same problem.

A valid license cannot be granted for the type iMacros.Component.iMacrosControl. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.; Exception Stack: at iMacros.Component.iMacrosControl.Create(String licenseKey)

I also tested the last sample code and also what gives the same problem.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:43 am

I guess you both should open a Ticket with TechSupport and refer them to this Thread on the Forum...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
naspe84

Post by naspe84 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:20 am

This is the answer technical support:

Thank you for trying iMacros!

It appears that the current Component trial download expired at the end of December and our development team will have to build and upload a new version. I will follow up with you once this is complete, hopefully in a day or two.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:05 pm

A new trial Component download is now available at http://imacros.net/download#iMacrosComponent

This one is set to expire at the end of February.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
naspe84

Post by naspe84 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:40 am

Thanks staff iMacros.
With the new update works correctly.
tomficke

Post by tomficke » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:53 pm

Thank you tech staff. The update worked.
Regards,

Tom
naspe84

Post by naspe84 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:50 pm

The iMacros .NET Component that is downloaded from the imacros web site stopped working on March 1 2015.

We had an application in development that was using this iMacros Component and ever since March 1 we get the following error:

licenseKey is the free license (CMPNTJJH3W)

This is the same for the two latest iMacro WebComponent 10.3.27.5830. Both iMacro Delivered projects throw the same exception.

chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:40 pm

naspe84 wrote:The iMacros .NET Component that is downloaded from the imacros web site stopped working on March 1 2015.

We had an application in development that was using this iMacros Component and ever since March 1 we get the following error:

licenseKey is the free license (CMPNTJJH3W)

This is the same for the two latest iMacro WebComponent 10.3.27.5830. Both iMacro Delivered projects throw the same exception.

Nope (because I don't use it), but it doesn't surprise me if you see last Post from Tom from TechSupport from January 2015:
Tom, Tech Support wrote:A new trial Component download is now available at http://imacros.net/download#iMacrosComponent

This one is set to expire at the end of February (2015).
I'll agree with you before you mention it that TechSupport/Development could/should anticipate the (recurring) Problem and post proactively a new Version to download before the License is due to expire, but on the other hand, they may argue that in your specific case, you were already using a 30(?) day Trial Version in Decb 2014, now we are at least 2 months later, you had quite the time to "evaluate" the Product...

And delivering Projects based on some Trial Version of a Product is not a very reliable way of conducting Business, I would think... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:51 pm

chivracq wrote:but on the other hand, they may argue that in your specific case, you were already using a 30(?) day Trial Version in Decb 2014, now we are at least 2 months later, you had quite the time to "evaluate" the Product...

And delivering Projects based on some Trial Version of a Product is not a very reliable way of conducting Business, I would think... :idea:
Exactly! :wink:
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
AhrimanSefid

Post by AhrimanSefid » Sun May 15, 2016 1:51 pm

me today install iMacros WebBrowser Component for .NET in vs 2015 show me error licenseKey why?

Code: Select all

string licenseKey = @"CMPNTJJH3W";