SetVariable Example

Discussions and Tech Support related to using the iMacros Component for .NET in your applications.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Gluteus

SetVariable Example

Post by Gluteus » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:30 pm

I'm unable to implement it. I want change the value of DATASOURCE_LINE of my macro with each loop. For that I need to pass a variable to my macro.

Thanks!

EDIT: This has been solved.
chivracq

Re: SetVariable Example

Post by chivracq » Tue May 23, 2017 4:02 am

Gluteus wrote:I'm unable to implement it. I want change the value of DATASOURCE_LINE of my macro with each loop. For that I need to pass a variable to my macro.

Thanks!

Sorry, never reacted to your Thread because of "(F)CIM", read my Sig..., many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions, I was waiting until you would bump your Thread one day, from not getting any Answer(s)..., oops...!
(And I never noticed your "silent" Edit from 2017-05-05...)

And hum, glad you solved your Pb, but it's better to post your little Update (next time) in some apart Post rather than "silently" editing your OP, and you would be expected to share your Solution to make this Thread useful for other Users as well... :idea:

=> You would need to "comply" to my 2 Remarks for me to react/answer (to) any future Thread(s) of yours..., even if it's already "nice" to come back and to add some little Update, many Users don't even bother... :idea:
(Hum, and the "(F)CIM" part applies to your other Thread as well of course...)

Hum..., and the Thread Title could be a little bit more "Descriptive" like "Set Variable Example for/from [Whatever].", and is it really "SetVariable" in one word...? I am afraid nobody is going to search the Forum with "setvariable" as a Keyword...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Gluteus

Post by Gluteus » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:31 am

chivracq wrote:
Gluteus wrote:I'm unable to implement it. I want change the value of DATASOURCE_LINE of my macro with each loop. For that I need to pass a variable to my macro.

Thanks!

Sorry, never reacted to your Thread because of "(F)CIM", read my Sig..., many Commands are not implemented for all Browsers/Versions, I was waiting until you would bump your Thread one day, from not getting any Answer(s)..., oops...!
(And I never noticed your "silent" Edit from 2017-05-05...)

And hum, glad you solved your Pb, but it's better to post your little Update (next time) in some apart Post rather than "silently" editing your OP, and you would be expected to share your Solution to make this Thread useful for other Users as well... :idea:

=> You would need to "comply" to my 2 Remarks for me to react/answer (to) any future Thread(s) of yours..., even if it's already "nice" to come back and to add some little Update, many Users don't even bother... :idea:
(Hum, and the "(F)CIM" part applies to your other Thread as well of course...)

Hum..., and the Thread Title could be a little bit more "Descriptive" like "Set Variable Example for/from [Whatever].", and is it really "SetVariable" in one word...? I am afraid nobody is going to search the Forum with "setvariable" as a Keyword...
Thanks for the reply!
I'm using the iMacros 11.5 .Net Component on Windows 10. And I'd still like to know how can I merge the additional DLLs. And I came across another issue where when the 'Play' button is clicked the window resizes itself to a lower size.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Gluteus wrote:Thanks for the reply!
I'm using the

Code: Select all

iMacros 11.5 .Net Component on Windows 10.
And I'd still like to know how can I merge the additional DLLs. And I came across another issue where when the 'Play' button is clicked the window resizes itself to a lower size.
4 months later, ah-ah!, never too late... I had to read my previous Reply to remember what I typed...

OK for FCI... You have a new Version v12.0 that got released 2 weeks ago for iMB though I'm not completely sure if there is a new Version for the DotNet Component as well...

Open 2 new separate Threads for the new Qt's/Issues I would say, with all relevant Info in each..., the Window Resize sounds like a Bug to me, maybe already solved in v12...
(But there is not much "Expertise" on the Forum about the DotNet Component, most Users using it have a Support License I think and have direct Access to TechSupport, I've never used it myself...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
devbc

Post by devbc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Thanks!

How did you solve this? I'm doing something similar, using variables to create a loop. I have the macro return a variable to use later:

SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET !EXTRACT {{CURRPG}}
SET !EXTRACT {{TOT_PG}}
'ACTION return value CURRPG,TOT_PG
Then in another section of the macro, I try to update that value using similar commands, but from what I can tell it looks like the original value is being kept. Any help is appreciated.
devbc

Post by devbc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 pm

devbc wrote:

Thanks!

How did you solve this? I'm doing something similar, using variables to create a loop. I have the macro return a variable to use later:

SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET !EXTRACT {{CURRPG}}
SET !EXTRACT {{TOT_PG}}
Then in another section of the macro, I try to update that value using similar commands, but from what I can tell it looks like the original value is being kept. Any help is appreciated.
SOLVED: I forgot to use a colon after 'ACTION
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:20 pm

devbc wrote:

Thanks!

SET !EXTRACT NULL
SET !EXTRACT {{CURRPG}}
SET !EXTRACT {{TOT_PG}}
Yeah..., good luck with "that"... (= asking @OP for some Explanation...), I had already asked them to share their Sol but they didn't follow up anymore... :shock: :
chivracq wrote:And hum, glad you solved your Pb, but it's better to post your little Update (next time) in some apart Post rather than "silently" editing your OP, and you would be expected to share your Solution to make this Thread useful for other Users as well... :idea:
Willing to help you (@devbc), but the "CIM/FCIM" part/hassle with @OP applies to you as well... :roll:

And you could give more Details, I don't really understand your Qt/Scenario to be honest, from the scarce Info you've provided... :?
You seem to be setting/overwriting 3 times in a row the same Var, yeah, that the "Purpose" of the 'SET' Command, but only the last "SET !EXTRACT" will "do stg", the first 2 Statements have no use... Maybe the 'ADD' Command is what you need (also)... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:21 pm

devbc wrote:SOLVED: I forgot to use a colon after 'ACTION
Oh...!,well..., never mind then... :wink: