Suggested.NET framework version for iMacros .NET component

Discussions and Tech Support related to using the iMacros Component for .NET in your applications.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
dsapo

Suggested.NET framework version for iMacros .NET component

Post by dsapo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi Support:

I am creating a WinForm project in Visual Studio 2015 to embed the latest version of the iMcaros .NET Component.

What version do you recommend of the .NET Framework to run the iMacros Version latest release ?

.NET Framework 4.5.2 or .NET Framework 4.6.1 or 4.6.2

We need to know this in order to avoid unexpected crashes during the automation.

Thanks in advanced

David
chivracq

Re: Suggested.NET framework version for iMacros .NET compone

Post by chivracq » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:17 pm

dsapo wrote:Hi Support:

I am creating a WinForm project in Visual Studio 2015 to embed the latest version of the iMcaros .NET Component.

What version do you recommend of the .NET Framework to run the iMacros Version latest release ?

Code: Select all

.NET Framework 4.5.2 or .NET Framework 4.6.1 or 4.6.2
We need to know this in order to avoid unexpected crashes during the automation.

Thanks in advanced

David
FYI, I've "fake" reported your 2 Threads to "attract" TechSup's Attention (they don't check the Forum very often...) to ask them if they can have a Look at your 2 Threads as I cannot answer them...

(I don't know that '.NET Component' and there is not much Expertise on the Forum where it is more "Users helping Users", but Users using the '.NET Component' usually have an iMacros Enterprise License and have direct Access to TechSupport if they need any Help..., and even once their License/Support has "expired", they are usually/normally "Advanced" enough and don't need any Help anymore and don't bother coming to the Forum to check and maybe answer Qt's from new Users...)

+ Your 2 Threads will probably get moved from the 'General' Sub-Forum to the '.NET Component' Sub-Forum where they actually belong... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Suggested.NET framework version for iMacros .NET compone

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:00 am

Hi David,

The iMacros WebBrowser Component for .NET is built using 4.5.2, so if you have a choice, we recommend targeting the same.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support