Need Help variable + !now

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
deadlock2004

Need Help variable + !now

Post by deadlock2004 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:28 am

Hi,

I need help with adding a date suffix on my variable "passing". I am trying the code below but I am getting a wrong format error.

Appreciate some help.

Thank you in Advance.

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
URL GOTO=http://www.amazon.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:site-search ATTR=ID:twotabsearchtextbox CONTENT="{{passing}} {{!NOW:nnss}} test"
chivracq

Re: Need Help variable + !now

Post by chivracq » Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 pm

deadlock2004 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:28 am
Hi,

I need help with adding a date suffix on my variable "passing". I am trying the code below but I am getting a wrong format error.

Appreciate some help.

Thank you in Advance.

Code: Select all

TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
URL GOTO=http://www.amazon.com/
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:site-search ATTR=ID:twotabsearchtextbox CONTENT="{{passing}} {{!NOW:nnss}} test"
CIM (again... :roll: ) for me to read/answer...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

And I don't get what is specific to the '.NET Component' that you opened your Thread in that Sub-Forum...? Or does your Script work in pure '.iim'...?, and in which FCI...? (Well, if you declare your 'passing' Var, of course...) :?
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Need Help variable + !now

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Just playing the following simple test results in the expected value:

Code: Select all

SET passing "this is a"
PROMPT "{{passing}} {{!NOW:nnss}} test"
So the problem must be elsewhere, and if you provide some more information on a) the exact error number you are receiving, b) the version of iMacros you are using and browser, and c) what value you are passing into 'passing' when you receive the error, I can try to help you further.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support